Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Why the fuck would we give a tax cut to those who don't pay any income tax?

In-fucking-sanity
    Effin Republitards...

Comment

• DSL:

You never really answer or dispute my points re SALT (A and B).

I still don't think Federal taxes ought to be determined by arbitrary lines and the decisions governing bodies in those areas make. We don't discriminate on that basis in terms of welfare or other safety net services. Further, and most fundamentally we've agreed to a progressive tax system. We disagree on the parameters, but not on the concept. So those are some reasons why I think the D talking points are a total canard.

A final point. A lot of these "taker" states are in Deep South states that have huge AA populations and huge AA populations living in poverty (both by percentage and even number). People tend to view Mississippi and Alabama as hated deep red states - that are also 30% AA.

Anyway, we disagree. Maybe when the Ds have total power in 2020 I'll be able to duck my federal obligations by paying to build a new community pool in UA.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Until then, you'll just have to use real estate pass throughs like the president and the senate.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That's a wonderful profile pic, AA. I love those balconies.

Comment

• Thanks. Unless that was sarcasm. Then fuck off.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think he's coming onto you AA. Be wary.

Comment

• He is my favorite Canadian.

(On this board)
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The key takeaway is don't worry about the deficits when you are in power. The Democratic party shortchanged the stimulus packages and the ACA to try and satisfy deficit hawks.. They got killed for the stimulus that was too small anyway. It was better than the crazed Euro austerity nonsense, but still too small. Nobody cares, don't water down your bill because of these people. It's like worrying about the Libertarian gadflies. It is OK to criticize them as an electioneering tactic, but forget about it once you get in power.
                  This; current politics about energizing your base. The other side isn't listening, except for what's needed to make meme's for Facebook.

Comment

• I meant it, AA. I didn't think I was that hard to read. I'll see if there's a hackterpreter on Amazon for you for Xmas.

Comment

• No thanks. If I start saying aboot, the guys down at the Kiwanis club won't buy me beers.

Comment

• My dad and his bluegrass band play the Kiwanis Club up there. If you like bluegrass, you shouldn't necessarily go, he says.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          He is my favorite Canadian.

(On this board)
                          Hey!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• You are Canadien?

I had no idea. I may have to re-think this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              51-48
                              OU812
                              Diver Down
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc. are all familiar whipping boys for conservatives but as you're well aware and am I, they truthfully pay more than their so-called 'fair share'.
                                Those cities contain lots of corporate headquarters. DSL, you constantly lament that corporations are not people. I guess that holds only until you want to count their FIT to prove that they are makers and not takers.

There are areas of the country where a million dollars gets you a decent house and not a mansion. I would be willing to bet it's been five years since ANY single family home in Seattle sold for less than $500,000.
                                I believe you. But that doesn't change the fact that, in most of the country, $ 400,000 gets you a very nice home. And I know, factually as pertains to Portland and Boulder, that there was a paradigm about 15 years ago called "smart growth". What that meant was using political power to ban development in the areas around the city that would normally, had the free market been allowed to work, have become suburbs. The rationale was to increase the value of in-city property to drive out "undesirables" (read minorities). Of course this fit nicely with the climate change myth too.

So now you have cities that have high prices by zoning out more moderate priced homes on their outskirts. And still, to take out a $ 750,000 conventional mortgage you would be buying about a million dollar home with 20% down. Why do people in the Midwest have to subsidize Seattle's high prices, or Portland's ridding themselves of the inner city poor.

Why the fuck would we give a tax cut to those who don't pay any income tax?
                                Marco Rubio and Sen. Lee insisted on it. Raised the child tax credit to $ 2,000 from $ 1,000. The most a nonworking filer can get back is $ 1,400.00 which is 40% more than under previous law. Plus, the full $ 2,000 can be used to recoup FICA taxes. The progressive Brookings Institution says 80% of Americans will get a tax cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X