No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really think the UN means jack shit to these countries other than a free apartment in Manhattan and diplomatic immunity?

heh
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      You really think the UN means jack shit to these countries other than a free apartment in Manhattan and diplomatic immunity?

heh
      The UN apparently means so much to Trump that he would threaten to cut off aid to any country that doesn't vote with him on a meaningless unenforceable resolution.

It very well could've been a stupid bluff. But he was willing to go that far.

OTOH I hear countries that voted against US didn't get invites to Nikki Haley's Christmas Party (not even joking). So there ARE consequences. She had to still invite the abstentions because, y'know, only 8 guests would've made for a lame party.

Comment

• What we put up with is bullshit. It would be like the B1G allowing Rutgers and Maryland to tell tOSU and Meatchicken what to do. I say we form our own Super Conference...fuck this shit.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• By the way, Kapture, you're officially allowed to admit Roy Moore was a shitty candidate and a likely child molester now. Even Breitbart and James O'Keefe are admitting it! O'Keefe's interview is particularly pathetic but hey, when your career skills begin and end with grifting, shame ain't a consideration.

In the days leading up to the election, it had at times been difficult to distinguish the front page of Breitbart from a Roy Moore campaign website. But in an interview, the site's editor-in-chief said he wasn't shocked by Moore's defeat.

Comment

• Wiz Filibuster...

I make my living off the evening news
            Just give me something-something I can use
            People love it when you lose,
            They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
            I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
            Come and whisper in my ear
            Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're down
            Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond
            Who comes on at five
            She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
            It's interesting when people die
            Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
            Is the head dead yet?
            You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
            Get the…

Can we film the operation?
            Is the head dead yet?
            You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
            Get the widow on the set!
            We need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
            You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
            Just leave well enough alone
            Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're stiff
            Kick 'em all around

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're stiff
            Kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets
            Dirty little lies
            We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
            We love to cut you down to size
            We love dirty laundry

We can do "The Innuendo"
            We can dance and sing
            When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
            We all know that Kraft is king
            Give us dirty laundry!

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're up
            Kick 'em when they're up
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              You really think the UN means jack shit to these countries other than a free apartment in Manhattan and diplomatic immunity?

heh
              What I really think is that you've really though this through. You're a thinker.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                What I really think is that you've really though this through. You're a thinker.
                Correct!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yesterday's UN vote went exactly as how every anti-Israel vote goes -- the vast majority of the world votes for Palestine and Hamas and somewhere between 5 and 11 or countries vote for a liberal democracy.

The UN voted on 18 anti-Israel resolutions in the last two years of the Obama Administration. The pro-Israel side received more than 9 votes exactly once (11).

This is just business as usual at the UN. An Israel vote comes up. 90% of the world falls over itself to condemn them. The US doesn't, thankfully. Somehow or another the US still manages to have some sort of leadership role in the world.

But, many thanks to Haley for her words. Much needed.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The UN goes back to Wilson's League of Nations and his notion that people could sit down and talk rationally about their grievances . If that were true, WWI would have actually been the War to End All Wars. It wasn't and, IMO, the UN has been a colossal failure in achieving the purpose for which it was intended.

That's not to say the UN has not done good in setting up relief efforts. I think this could be done more efficiently through NGOs and by doing it that way the US avoids being the primary funder of the UN along with being the whipping boy of the world. Leadership role in the World through the UN? Bah. Only in the imagination of those that actually think the US has such a role through the UN. There are many other vehicles by which arguably the US can play it's traditional leadership role in the world.

About every 3-5y the press latches on to the story of why the UN does or doesn't work. The facts are overwhelmingly in support of the view that it doesn't work, wastes a shit ton of money and provides a platform for those that perceive they have been harmed by US policy to rail against America, yeah, that country that has done more good in this world than any.

It would be a good thing if Trump stopped US funding of the UN, or some of it, on the basis that it no longer fulfills it's primary goal for which it was established and instead "has become a vast, sprawling conglomerate, overwhelmed by unsustainable ambitions, inadequate capacities, and plain reality."

I always liked John Bolton; his vision of the UN (the correct one IMO) got diluted by those in the Obama administration who saw then and still see it now as some sort of village. Lol.

After 70 years, the United Nations has become a vast, sprawling conglomerate, overwhelmed by unsustainable ambitions, inadequate capacities, and plain reality.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The UN is a bigger joke than Terry Bowden's Akron Zips...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        The UN goes back to Wilson's League of Nations and his notion that people could sit down and talk rationally about their grievances . If that were true, WWI would have actually been the War to End All Wars. It wasn't and, IMO, the UN has been a colossal failure in achieving the purpose for which it was intended.

That's not to say the UN has not done good in setting up relief efforts. I think this could be done more efficiently through NGOs and by doing it that way the US avoids being the primary funder of the UN along with being the whipping boy of the world. Leadership role in the World through the UN? Bah. Only in the imagination of those that actually think the US has such a role through the UN. There are many other vehicles by which arguably the US can play it's traditional leadership role in the world.

About every 3-5y the press latches on to the story of why the UN does or doesn't work. The facts are overwhelmingly in support of the view that it doesn't work, wastes a shit ton of money and provides a platform for those that perceive they have been harmed by US policy to rail against America, yeah, that country that has done more good in this world than any.

It would be a good thing if Trump stopped US funding of the UN, or some of it, on the basis that it no longer fulfills it's primary goal for which it was established and instead "has become a vast, sprawling conglomerate, overwhelmed by unsustainable ambitions, inadequate capacities, and plain reality."

I always liked John Bolton; his vision of the UN (the correct one IMO) got diluted by those in the Obama administration who saw then and still see it now as some sort of village. Lol.

https://www.aei.org/publication/the-...k-heres-a-fix/
                        Post of the Year material. EFZ. Correct. Ditto. Amen.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Yesterday's UN vote went exactly as how every anti-Israel vote goes -- the vast majority of the world votes for Palestine and Hamas and somewhere between 5 and 11 or countries vote for a liberal democracy.

The UN voted on 18 anti-Israel resolutions in the last two years of the Obama Administration. The pro-Israel side received more than 9 votes exactly once (11).

This is just business as usual at the UN. An Israel vote comes up. 90% of the world falls over itself to condemn them. The US doesn't, thankfully. Somehow or another the US still manages to have some sort of leadership role in the world.

But, many thanks to Haley for her words. Much needed.

As I stated yesterday...the UN is nothing more than an anti-Semitic, Anti-Israel, Anti-US piece of shit. End of story.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DSL,

What exactly do our aid dollars buy us with most of those countries? Do we consider them allies? Does it really give us influence that is manifested in any tangible way? If China starts giving Tanzania $1B (for example) while we cut them off, what is out net loss?

I honestly don't know.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The UN votes so frequently on anti-Israel measures, the State Department actually tracks votes. You can find the data here: https://www.state.gov/p/io/rls/rpt/index.htm (click on voting practices, then the last link is Israel votes).

In fact, the UN introduces a "Jerusalem" resolution every year, and every year it passes on the order of 160-something to 6 or 7. Every year.

So anyone acting like this is some sort of Trump-related voted or phenomena is utterly unfamiliar with the UN's decades long hostility toward Israel. The world thinks it should back to 1967 borders and to that the US has said "fuck off" for decades.

Comment

• the UN is nothing more than an anti-Semitic, Anti-Israel, Anti-US piece of shit. End of story
                                Well, correct. But you're forgetting to add that we get to pay for the pleasure of vetoing fuckstick resolutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X