No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furthermore for roughly $2tn of corporate income they'll only divert from one type of security to another. Most of the cash held overseas was functionally already in the US economy because it was invested in US bonds. There's very likely to be a structural contraction of the corporate bond market because multinationals will no longer need them for cash-management purposes to compensate for cash held untaxed abroad. There will also likely be a drop in demand for t-bills, which were also part of the cash-management strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Haha. Reads like an Onion piece.
      because it's about as real as one

I bolded everything DSL posted in one run on sentence. So he can take his early onset dementia and shove it.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      The greatest President since Lincoln speaks his mind to the NY Times

whoever put that together did some splicing to make it look like Trump is unhinged. You are better than this hackery man

DONALD J. TRUMP: I thought it was a terrible thing he did. [Inaudible.] I thought it was certainly unnecessary, I thought it was a terrible thing. But I think it’s all worked out because frankly there is absolutely no collusion, that’s been proven by every Democrat is saying it.

MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT: You’re O.K. with me recording, right?

TRUMP: Yeah. Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion. And even these committees that have been set up. If you look at what’s going on — and in fact, what it’s done is, it’s really angered the base and made the base stronger. My base is stronger than it’s ever been. Great congressmen, in particular, some of the congressmen have been unbelievable in pointing out what a witch hunt the whole thing is. So, I think it’s been proven that there is no collusion.

And by the way, I didn’t deal with Russia. I won because I was a better candidate by a lot. I won because I campaigned properly and she didn’t. She campaigned for the popular vote. I campaigned for the Electoral College. And you know, it is a totally different thing, Mike. You know the Electoral College, it’s like a track star. If you’re going to run the 100-yard dash, you work out differently than if you’re going to run the 1,000 meters or the mile.

And it’s different. It’s in golf. If you have a tournament and you have match play or stroke play, you prepare differently, believe it or not. It’s different. Match play is very different than stroke play. And you prepare. So I went to Maine five times, I went to [inaudible], the genius of the Electoral College is that you go to places you might not go to.

And that’s exactly what [inaudible]. Otherwise, I would have gone to New York, California, Texas and Florida.

SCHMIDT: You would have run completely differently.

TRUMP: It would have been a whole different thing. The genius is that the popular vote is a much different form of campaigning. Hillary never understood that.

SCHMIDT: What’s your expectation on Mueller? When do you —

TRUMP: I have no expectation. I can only tell you that there is absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. And you know who knows it better than anybody? The Democrats. They walk around blinking at each other.

SCHMIDT: But when do you think he’ll be done in regards to you —

TRUMP: I don’t know.

SCHMIDT: But does that bother you?

TRUMP: No, it doesn’t bother me because I hope that he’s going to be fair. I think that he’s going to be fair. And based on that [inaudible]. There’s been no collusion. But I think he’s going to be fair. And if he’s fair — because everybody knows the answer already, Michael. I want you to treat me fairly. O.K.?

SCHMIDT: Believe me. This is —

TRUMP: Everybody knows the answer already. There was no collusion. None whatsoever.

_________

TRUMP: Maybe I’ll just say a little bit of a [inaudible]. I’ve always found Paul Manafort to be a very nice man. And I found him to be an honorable person. Paul only worked for me for a few months. Paul worked for Ronald Reagan. His firm worked for John McCain, worked for Bob Dole, worked for many Republicans for far longer than he worked for me. And you’re talking about what Paul was many years ago before I ever heard of him. He worked for me for — what was it, three and a half months?

SCHMIDT: A very short period of time.

TRUMP: Three and a half months. [Inaudible] So, that’s that. Let’s just say — I think that Bob Mueller will be fair, and everybody knows that there was no collusion. I saw Dianne Feinstein the other day on television saying there is no collusion. She’s the head of the committee. The Republicans, in terms of the House committees, they come out, they’re so angry because there is no collusion. So, I actually think that it’s turning out — I actually think it’s turning to the Democrats because there was collusion on behalf of the Democrats. There was collusion with the Russians and the Democrats. A lot of collusion.

SCHMIDT: Dossier?

TRUMP: Starting with the dossier. But going into so many other elements. And Podesta’s firm.

_________

SCHMIDT: That’s true. But in terms of, the lawyers said it would be done by, your guys said, it would be done by Thanksgiving, it would be done by Christmas. What are they telling you now? What are they telling you?

TRUMP: [Inaudible.] There was tremendous collusion on behalf of the Russians and the Democrats. There was no collusion with respect to my campaign. I think I’ll be treated fairly. Timingwise, I can’t tell you. I just don’t know. But I think we’ll be treated fairly.

SCHMIDT: But you’re not worked up about the timing?

TRUMP: Well, I think it’s bad for the country. The only thing that bothers me about timing, I think it’s a very bad thing for the country. Because it makes the country look bad, it makes the country look very bad, and it puts the country in a very bad position. So the sooner it’s worked out, the better it is for the country.

But there is tremendous collusion with the Russians and with the Democratic Party. Including all of the stuff with the — and then whatever happened to the Pakistani guy, that had the two, you know, whatever happened to this Pakistani guy who worked with the D.N.C.?

Whatever happened to them? With the two servers that they broke up into a million pieces? Whatever happened to him? That was a big story. Now all of sudden [inaudible]. So I know The New York Times is going to — because those are real stories. Whatever happened to the Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 emails after she got [inaudible] — which you guys wrote, but then you dropped — was that you?

_________

SCHMIDT: You control the Justice Department. Should they reopen that email investigation?

TRUMP: What I’ve done is, I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department. But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter.

_________

TRUMP: For purposes of the Justice Department, I watched Alan Dershowitz the other day, who by the way, says I, says this is a ridiculous —

SCHMIDT: He’s been very good to you.

TRUMP: He’s been amazing. And he’s a liberal Democrat. I don’t know him. He’s a liberal Democrat. I watched Alan Dershowitz the other day, he said, No. 1, there is no collusion, No. 2, collusion is not a crime, but even if it was a crime, there was no collusion. And he said that very strongly. He said there was no collusion. And he has studied this thing very closely. I’ve seen him a number of times. There is no collusion, and even if there was, it’s not a crime. But there’s no collusion. I don’t even say [inaudible]. I don’t even go that far.

_________

TRUMP: So for the purposes of what’s going on with this phony Russian deal, which, by the way, you’ve heard me say it, is only an excuse for losing an election that they should have won, because it’s very hard for a Republican to win the Electoral College. O.K.? You start off with New York, California and Illinois against you. That means you have to run the East Coast, which I did, and everything else. Which I did and then won Wisconsin and Michigan. [Inaudible.] So the Democrats. … [Inaudible.] … They thought there was no way for a Republican, not me, a Republican, to win the Electoral College. Well, they’re [inaudible]. They made the Russian story up as a hoax, as a ruse, as an excuse for losing an election that in theory Democrats should always win with the Electoral College. The Electoral College is so much better suited to the Democrats [inaudible]. But it didn’t work out that way. And I will tell you they cannot believe that this became a story.

SCHMIDT: So they had to do this to come after you, to undercut you?

TRUMP: No, no, they thought it would be a one-day story, an excuse, and it just kept going and going and going. It’s too bad Jeff recused himself. I like Jeff, but it’s too bad he recused himself. I thought. … Many people will tell you that something is [inaudible].

SCHMIDT: Do you think Holder was more loyal to. …
      Last edited by Kapture1; December 30, 2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Thanks to Judicial Watch, emails from Weine's laptop were released yesterday

[ame]https://twitter.com/Imperator_Rex3/status/946889345813790720[/ame]

classified markings

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Attached Files
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              Thanks to Judicial Watch, emails from Weine's laptop were released yesterday

classified markings
              The govt has different levels of 'classified' materials. I have read in the CNN article below that all of these emails contained material that the FBI later found to be 'confidential' which is the lowest level of secuirity. This is a detail Fox and other conservative websites are leaving out (probably intentionally) of their demands Clinton and Huma go to prison for decades.

The truth is out of thousands of emails conservative media has found a handful of emails that were classified 'confidential' after the fact. One was a phone list. Kaptur says this is an enormous crime and she should be in prison for the rest of her life. You can probably guess how often people go to prison for mishandling small amounts of low-level classified information. Kaptur and the sycophantic pro-Trump media also say going after Mike Flynn for working for foreign governments and not telling anyone is a 'witch hunt' and not worth pursuing. "Let it go"

The State Department posted a number of emails belonging to former top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin on Friday after the messages were found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop by the FBI. Several of the released documents were found to contain information classified “confidential,” and were heavily redacted.

Comment

• Oh and I thought that post with all the 'no collusion" was pretty obvious that it was a compilation of all the times Trump repeated that phrase. You think it makes him look better to keep returning to the subject time and time again over a half-hour conversation? Okay...

Could also mention that Trump outright praised Eric Holder for 'protecting Obama' ("very loyal") and stated that he has the right to do anything he wants with the Justice Dept. Which he's right...he has the legal authority to fire anyone who investigates him. Of course, impeachment becomes a more real possibility if he does.

Comment

• The guy is a fucking moron

Covfefe!
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The day the tax cut passed, a number of big companies announced bonuses and wage increases. The more cynical among us said this looked like a PR stunt, coordinated with the WH, designed to increase popular support for the bill. "How dare you", said conservatives, "How dare you not celebrate hard workers getting more money?"

Welp...within days after announcing they'd be giving employees a $1,000 bonus, AT&T (who's also hoping the govt will allow their big merger) much more quietly announced they'd be laying off thousands of employees across the country. Even Breitbart reported it.

Comment

• First China was caught "red handed" providing fuel to North Korea. Now it's seems that Russia is also into the act. They know our shithead-in-chief is an impotent blowhard so they continue with business as usual.

So what will Putin's cock holster do now?

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Note the time stamp on these two tweets. In case it wasn't already obvious when someone else is writing Trump's tweets for him

[ame]https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/946906875462930432[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946949708915924994[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              The govt has different levels of 'classified' materials. ........ "Let it go"
                              EFZ ....... First, let's get a couple of things straight here. Investigating Russian meddling in the US election is an important undertaking. I don't give a fuck if DJT was involved or not and actually, my belief is that this is a minor aspect of the investigation mainly becasue we're dealing with a law enforcement undertaking and collusion isn't against the law. If the D's want to hang DJT out to dry on this then impeach him - they won't so stop with all the fuss about it.

Second, a confidential stamp on a document is about like taking the front page of Playboy and hiding it under your bed so your Mom doesn't know you're looking at women's tits. Useless from a security standpoint. So, again, knock off the silly outrage.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sam Stein has a great running thread going on right-wing hypocrites who routinely bashed Obama for golfing but are completely silent on Trump doing same (and by any honest measure Trump has golfed FAR more than Obama did). Some people simply ignore the issue; others pathetically defend it as if Trump gets so much work done while playing 18.

Mark Levin compared Obama's love for golf to a drug addiction. How can he golf when we're at war with radical Islamic terror? (I wonder if Levin thinks Trump is also a junkie?)

[ame]https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/502888184586706944[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/260550633483030529[/ame]

Breitbart kept track of the total round Obama played. Safe to say, they aren't keeping tabs on Trump

[ame]https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/499958568225751040[/ame]

Fox & Friends: How can Obama golf when ISIS exists?

[ame]https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/502396953649774593[/ame]

Optics of Obama golfing are bad. Doesn't he care about American who are suffering?

[ame]https://twitter.com/Reince/status/502836350975229952[/ame]

And of course

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/521813597799067648[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X