X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four very good choices.

Comment

• NEW:

* Trump ordered Don McGahn to pressure Sessions into not recusing. Trump furious when this failed

* Mueller has notes from Reince Priebus that show Trump told his then COS that he wanted Comey to publicly clear him.

* One of Sessions' aides was actively asking Congressional staffers to send them any damaging info they had on Comey in the week leading up to his firing.

* Trump felt Sessions' role was to protect him the 'same way' Holder protected Obama and Bobby Kennedy protected JFK

The special counsel’s investigation has uncovered several episodes involving the president that raise questions about whether he obstructed justice.

Comment

• Fake news, I'm sure.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sessions is an honorable guy. He's not that smart, but he will do what he thinks is right.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Having a hard time with that one, tbh.

Comment

• He's more decent than Trump. But he's also shown he will happily lie to Congress. So...honorable?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's just my opinion, man. It's not like me and Jeff are buds, but we have spoken. My take is that he will do what he thinks is right even though I personally think he is wrong on many things.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  He's more decent than Trump. But he's also shown he will happily lie to Congress. So...honorable?
                  I think he worked it in his mind (ala Clinton) so that it was not a lie through semantics and/or pedantry.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I think he worked it in his mind (ala Clinton) so that it was not a lie through semantics and/or pedantry.
                    Oh I'm sure he did. But like Clinton, it doesn't make him honorable.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      He's more decent than Trump. But he's also shown he will happily lie to Congress. So...honorable?
                      Lied to congress about what? Al Gropen's question was asked in a way and it was clear that Sessions took it as did he have contact with Russians as a surrogate of the Trump campaign, not as his role as a Senator.

Comment

• SLF.

I think he is deserving of respect and regard in that he acts consistant with his beliefs and is not one to acquiesce to authority even though that path would be much easier for him.

Your mileage may vary.

I used the term honorable. If that doesn't meet the criteria of your own lexicon, please feel free to replace with the word of your choosing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          NEW:

* Trump ordered Don McGahn to pressure Sessions into not recusing. Trump furious when this failed

* Mueller has notes from Reince Priebus that show Trump told his then COS that he wanted Comey to publicly clear him.

* One of Sessions' aides was actively asking Congressional staffers to send them any damaging info they had on Comey in the week leading up to his firing.

* Trump felt Sessions' role was to protect him the 'same way' Holder protected Obama and Bobby Kennedy protected JFK

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/u...ia-mcgahn.html
                          Legal experts said that of the two primary issues Mr. Mueller appears to be investigating ? whether Mr. Trump obstructed justice while in office and whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia ? there is currently a larger body of public evidence tying the president to a possible crime of obstruction.

Great. Great news, the president didn't obstruct justice when firing Comey. Lets look at the actual obstruction laws

1. 18 USC 1503:*This ?omnibus? clause covers ?corruptly or?by any threatening letter or communication influenc[ing], or imped[ing] or endeavor[ing[ to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice.?

But the clause also requires a pending judicial proceeding ? and as far as we are all aware, there is none. Furthermore, the Supreme Court is quite exacting on the application of this law ? a prosecutor would need to prove that Trump?s conduct materially impeded the investigation, which even Comey has said didn?t happen.

2. 18 USC 1512(c):*This provision of law covers anyone who ?obstructs, influences, or impedes an official proceeding, or attempts to do so.?

It is not clear that an FBI investigation is an ?official proceeding,? and proving intent is difficult in any case. And it?s not enough to show intent to violate the subsection ? you have to take a ?substantial step toward the accomplishment of that goal.?

3. 18 USC 1519:*This provision covers destroying evidence related to a federal investigation.

There are no accusations that Trump destroyed evidence. Unless Trump had tapes and destroyed them, the statue simply doesn?t apply.

So... what do you got on a collusion charge?

Comment

• SLF:

I kept getting registrations sent to my work address with two different spellings of my first name and one different middle initial. And my actual registration. It was 2004 - Kerry could have had an extra 3 votes.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              SLF:

I kept getting registrations sent to my work address with two different spellings of my first name and one different middle initial. And my actual registration. It was 2004 - Kerry could have had an extra 3 votes.

Fancy and Fancie can be problematic, Mr. Pants.

Comment

• Comey’s original Clinton memo released, cites possible violations

Comment

Working...
                                X