No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this. Police routinely pull trash of citizens for evidence of wrong doing. Mayor, DA, police chief all support it.

Small time newspaper pulls their trash. Some of the pols were not amused. At all.

It's past midnight. Over the whump of the wipers and the screech of the fan belt, we lurch through the side streets of Southeast Portland in a battered white van, double-checking our toolkit: flas ...,News

(This is an old article with a recent update).
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Administration's attempt to protect coal and nuclear fails: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4b230b95f9f4

The momentum is clear. Solar is in many areas of the world the cheapest way to produce power. Shell's CEO says he's gonna buy an electric car. Half of new-car sales in petrostate Norway are electric. No new Volvos from '19 will be solely internal-combustion engines. The invisible hand is guiding us in a very clear direction.

Hopefully this atavistic nonsense about coal can be put to bed, in part because we should have a smarter debate about nuclear. I'm for it. IMO the hypothetical risks pale in comparison to the certainties that come with fossil fuels.

Obviously for me personally the climate-change debate is all that really and truly matters, but for the US the byproducts are massive in foreign policy. Tank the oil price by moving on and you kneecap most of the most significantly bellicose actors out there.

Comment

• Obviously for me personally the climate-change debate is all that really and truly matters, but for the US the byproducts are massive in foreign policy. Tank the oil price by moving on and you kneecap most of the most significantly bellicose actors out there.
          Exactly
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• (1) While expectations for regulatory easing and tax breaks that Trump has championed have caused the value of equities to rise, I will guarantee you that there will be a 10% correction at some point during Trump's term. What will his explanation be?

(2) 52% of Americans own stocks (includes IRAs and 401Ks). That number is sharply down since before 2008. The distribution of stock ownership by income, however, is quite dramatic. The highest income earners have benefited the most while the bottom income levels have barely benefited at all.

If that's all we get is a 10% correction that would be fine with me--there will come a day when it all comes crashing down we all know that. the question is how much and when--after 2020 if its less then 10 %----well a lot of people are a lot richer then they were before nov 2009--52% it sounds like

Its really been only since 2000 or so that people have been piling money into iras--are you saying there are less ira's today then 2008 also? because I find that hard to believe but bottom line--those 52% with stocks--a lot are going to go out of their way to vote with what policy got them their expanded portfolios this last year
              Last edited by crashcourse; January 9, 2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Do any of you care that the economy is simply maintaining (or slowing) the trajectory during the bleak 0bummer years? Or is your economic outlook tied directly to the party of the person in he White House?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• S&P 500 is on the same trajectory it's been on since '10. It has very little to do with Trump. In fact it's almost alarming how little the trend line has changed despite the breaks corporations have received in the past year.

Comment

• SLF dont ever fucking make my point before I get a chance to again or else I'll Bannon you. Capiche?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      Holy fuck is the bar low with the knuckledraggers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        SLF dont ever fucking make my point before I get a chance to again or else I'll Bannon you. Capiche?
                        I'm sorry Hack! I'm so honored that you allow me to even read your posts. They are the most stable, like, genius posts ever and we are all blessed by the lord to have you here.

To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Who knows what Fox State News will show now that more of their conspiracies are debunked...

Comment

• Steve Bannon's fall from grace is complete, he gone at Breitbart.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              I'm sorry Hack! I'm so honored that you allow me to even read your posts. They are the most stable, like, genius posts ever and we are all blessed by the lord to have you here.

You are welcome. When I'm president you can be HUD Secretary, with a chance of upgrade to Education if you say at least four more nice things about me before I get the nomination.

Comment

• Trump agrees with Feinstein's "clean bill" DACA proposal before panicky Republicans intervene

[ame]https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/950798611587174401[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X