Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    CNN speculating quite a bit that Trump was sending a message to the Far Right that he's still with them, knowing this would leak out.

He's been beaten up by right-wing media over the past few days for indulging DACA deals.
    That is giving him way too much credit.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Maybe he is just very racist and has a hard time concealing it.
    Most likely.

Of course, he is like, really smart. So who knows?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Man, you can't make this stuff up ...... I think it's been inferred before but Netflix ought to make a docudrama out of Trumps first year in the WH along the lines of House of Cards but instead of Kevin Spacey portraying a wily and very evil president, Jim Carey, in a comedy as DJT in Dumb and Dumber would be better.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• For the record, I prefer Europe to third world countries. The more revealing part of the comment is that he is surprised that millions of Norwegians aren't fleeing that country.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• For the record, I prefer Europe to third world countries. The more revealing part of the comment is that he is surprised that millions of Norwegians aren't fleeing that country.
          SLF: I've thought for some time that Trump ought to make immigration of Jews from Europe to the US a priority. There is, by most reports, a rise in anti-semitism in Europe, and I don't think the US should make the same mistake we made in the run-up to WWII.

Trump is not politically correct, but he is right. We should have a merit-based system. If we can get a Ph.D. from India or an impoverished Haitian, I say take the Ph.D. The basic flaw in our immigration system is that we allow immigrants, both legal and illegal, to go on welfare. Cut that out, and you would go a long way toward merit-based immigration.

Comment

• Hah not politically correct

Nigerian immigrants are well educated but they do have brown skin generally. The US imports a lot of doctors from some of the places he calls shitholes. Read up, quit excusing his racism.

Comment

• It's tough to make the argument that Trump's only concern is judging immigrants by 'merit' when he makes sweeping judgments about Haitians or Nigerians or Salvadorans based on their ethnicity alone. There's no nuance with him. You're a Salvadoran refugee that's been here legally for 18 years? GET OUT. YOU ADD NOTHING TO AMERICA.

The point's been raised multiple times tonight on CNN that Nigerians are among the most educated immigrant groups to America right now yet Trump thinks they all live in huts back in Africa.

Trump wants us to let in more people from Norway because they, being from Norway, automatically add value. Not many white Europeans want to come here and it's been that way for 50 years.

Comment

• I don't know that anti-semitones is any lower in the states. We should ask Breitbart since they identify all the Jews. They probably have good insight.

And why should we only take Jewish refugees and not others that are being hunted and killed?

Last, I have little objection to merit based immigration. But there aren't enough great candidates to meet the countries needs.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I really enjoy you younger bucks talking about global warming, because I suspect Stan, Jeff, and I lived through the Global Cooling farce.

That "scientific consensus" had its origin in the atmospheric testing of nuclear weapons. And, as a matter of fact, that testing, and the release of massive amounts of particulates into the upper atmosphere might have actually been caused by humans. Think of the shade provided by that dust.

There were all kinds of books about "nuclear winter" and the like (On the Beach).

Personally, I'd approve of a non-radioactive nuclear weapon being exploded on an uninhabited island someplace to see if we could cool the planet if need be. IMO, that would change the debate about global warming (aka climate change or anthropogenic global warming). What if humans actually cooled the planet with nuclear testing, and, when we stopped, our data showed a relative "warming" compared with those times of anthropogenic global cooling. It would not be that hard to test if the warming or cooling of the planet were the concern. The actual concern is CONTROL by the globalists, and "climate change" is just the ticket for their plans.

I sure wish Trump had the stones to say something like this.

Comment

• This post has to be a joke^^^^

Jesus.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't know that anti-semitones is any lower in the states. We should ask Breitbart since they identify all the Jews. They probably have good insight.

And why should we only take Jewish refugees and not others that are being hunted and killed?

Last, I have little objection to merit based immigration. But there aren't enough great candidates to meet the countries needs.
                      For someone who claims to be a lawyer, you certainly have a poor grasp of English grammar.

And there are plenty of immigrant candidates who have skills and would be willing, even happy, to agree to not be on welfare. That is the core of the issue. The reason we should take Jews as opposed to others who are being "hunted and killed" is that their religion is peaceful and they cherish family and education. That is an easy call.

The fact is that the Democratic Party wants to import, either legally or illegally, indigent persons who immediately move onto the welfare rolls in the US. That is the electoral base of the party. The Dems are a party of non-taxpayers (85%), public sector union members and environmentalists. The very rich run the show and are massively paid for their "service"

And as to all this gibberish about what the stock market did under Obama, just know that he printed $10 Trillion in extra money, and he lowered the interest rate to near zero.
                      http://www.macrotrends.net/2015/fed-...storical-chart.

Where was the money to go other than to stocks? There is a vast difference between printing money and lending it at zero and what is happening today. The 10-year bond is at 2.6%, and the Fed has raised the fed funds rate three times, looking for three more in 2018. This is actual growth, not paper growth as under Obama.
                      Last edited by Da Geezer; January 11, 2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• This post has to be a joke^^^^

Jesus.
                        Very well argued.

Why wouldn't a nuclear test in the atmosphere be a reasonable thing if it led to knowing whether "shielding" the earth from the sun is possible? California has mirror arrays trying to do the same thing, and you greenies think that is fine. Let's see if anthropogenic global cooling is possible. With our massively overheated planet now, what possible harm would actual scientific inquiry do?

You don't want it because you want control through the global warming hoax.

Comment

• Wait a minute. You are suggesting than rather than stop dumping shit into our environment, we should counter act it by causing a mini nuclear winter?

Jesus. If there are more that think like you, this country is worse off than I thought.

That post has to be a joke and I actually responded to it.

Shame on me.

Comment

• Trump thanks guest on Fox & Friends for calling him the Greatest President in history.

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/951645893513613312[/ame]

Remember, folks, he has almost no time for watching tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Trump thanks guest on Fox & Friends for calling him the Greatest President in history.

Remember, folks, he has almost no time for watching tv.
                              Right? Hes only abnout 13 hours late with that tweet. I was told he was watching nonstop tv all day and would tweet after ever segiment.

And for the record, Haiti is a shithole.

US Travel advisory issued 1-10-18 for Haiti due to crime and civil unrest
                              Last edited by Kapture1; January 11, 2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Totally. What a shithole. Send them back.

Wait, I thought Mr. Trump wants merit-based immi-

NOPE SEND EM BACK! FUCK THAOSE SHITHOLE DWELLERS

Oh and he's no racist. Not remotely racist. Nope. JUDGE CURIEL CAN"T BE FAIR HE'S MEXICAN I WANT A WHITE JUDGE

Comment

Working...
                                X