Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Clearly you are wrong. The tax cut means little to small business. The wife doesn't make billions and therefore isn't on the end of the business tax spectrum that garnered the biggest cut. It's state taxes, local taxes, property taxes, equipment depreciation, and that sort that is onerous. Not to mention regulations. All the things that Chump's giveaway to big biz doesn't cover. Next time, think before you write - you'll come across less of a buffoon.

You presume much in stating my votes. Without scrolling up to the post that details my vote, how did I vote and why in 2016? Or just more of your buffoonery?
    I have worked in the small business industry my entire adult life, my family has owned the same small business for over 60 years, I am intimately familiar with how much in tax we were paying and what that dropped to, also what our health insurance premiums went up to despite the promise they would drop (I was never dumb enough to believe premiums would drop) so nice try. To the people that gave us 0bama for 8 years, I don't want to hear you bitching about how his policies put you out of work. get on board, out of the way get run over, because we had 8 years of someone with not much other than community organizing experience, now America is back open for business... well, maybe not your wife's practice, but for the rest of the country. MAGA!
    Last edited by Kapture1; January 15, 2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• first time since 2005 for three consecutive quarters at 3%+ GDP growth if the forecasts for Q4 2017 are to be believed.

Comment

• More good news.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          I have worked in the small business industry my entire adult life, my family has owned the same small business for over 60 years, I am intimately familiar with how much in tax we were paying and what that dropped to......
          Serious question. With the gains from corporate tax reduction that your small business has enjoyed, what are your company's plans for that extra cash?
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well, if he’s from Monroe County then the answer is easy - lots of menthols and Genesee.

Comment

• Heh
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This whole Wendi Deng working for the Chinese govt and influencing the Kushners story being pushed by the WSJ is just bizarre. Smells a little bit like Rupert getting back at the Ex

Comment

• Tyler Cowen with an article on African and Nowegian immigration.

Comment

• Serious question. With the gains from corporate tax reduction that your small business has enjoyed, what are your company's plans for that extra cash?
                    I'm going to give it to charity. What are you doing with your tax cut, Jeff?

What always amazes me is that you progs never give the required 10% to the poor, the homeless, or to widows. You guys think it is morally right to take my money by force and give it to your "charities" like Planned Parenthood. Nevertheless, I'm going to give my tax cut to a food bank.

Any of you progs want to step forward and say that you are going to give 10% of your net income to the poor, widows, or homeless?

I thought not.
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; January 15, 2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• #4 Mikhail Tal

Tal was born in Latvia in 1936 and known as the Wizard of Riga for his inventive, swashbuckling, and brilliant play. He became world champion in 1960, and never repeated, but holds professional chess' first and second longest unbeaten streaks. He enjoyed a long playing career and became stronger with age despite his various illnesses. His highest ranking was 20 years or so after he won the world championship.

Tal, known for hard-drinking, smoking, and carousing enjoyed a winning record against Bobby Fischer and Mikhail Botvinnik - along with several other world champions and top players. He died in 1992 at a Moscow hospital from esophageal varicies - a hemorrhage of his throat related to his alcoholism.

[ame]https://youtu.be/xbbtjcqk6AI[/ame]
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA are there any good chess docs on Netflix?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't know about Netflix, but I have seen all but two of these, and they're all worthwhile.

Haven’t seen a thread dedicated to Chess Documentaries rather than films so thought I would start one and list some of the documentaries I’ve found online. Not knowing the copyright status on each I haven’t provided links but most can be found using Google or are available on Youtube. Would be great...

Not on the list is one called "American Gambit" - although I like it because a segment is about a friend of mine.

Comment

• Unlike your Mexican beer bullshit, your chess player posts aren't awful, AA. Way to hit your ceiling!

BTW, in the "Game of the Century" Fischer video, I got exactly zero moves correct, BUT I was did actually say WTF when the dude moved his black bishop instead of his white bishop to e2. Still got it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              I'm going to give it to charity. What are you doing with your tax cut, Jeff?
                              According to a calculator I used, I'm not getting one.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              What always amazes me is that you progs never give the required 10% to the poor, the homeless, or to widows.
                              Another sweeping generality with no basis in fact.

"required"? .......maybe in your world or religion. Not in mine.

Still curious about Kapture's corporation and what they're doing with the benefits of the corporate tax reduction.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Unlike your Mexican beer bullshit, your chess player posts aren't awful, AA. Way to hit your ceiling!

BTW, in the "Game of the Century" Fischer video, I got exactly zero moves correct, BUT I was did actually say WTF when the dude moved his black bishop instead of his white bishop to e2. Still got it!
                                High praise, indeed.

Of all the patzers I have played from 20 years of message board bullshit, you were actually one of the stronger, more intuitive casual players.

And Pacifico is a perfectly quaffable beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X