Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Talent=Toledo Rockets of internet patzers

More importantly, stop...JUST STOP....with this mexican beer bullshit. Strangelove has spoken -- all Mexican beer sucks.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It could be worse, he could be ranking Italian beers.

Comment

• Talent,

You use DSL as your appeal to authority? You know he considers fine dining a box of Franzia and re-heated scrapple.

Anyway, knowing your disdain for all things Mexican I must ask: Have you tried Pacifico?

Do so, if you don't find it at least drinkable, I will paypal you the cost of the beer*

(*As long as said beer is purchased between 3 and 4 pm at the Applebee's in Padukah, Kentucky next to the Hobby Lobby off Route 34- notarized triplicate of reciept required
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          It could be worse, he could be ranking Italian beers.
          I like a few Italian beers.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've had Pacifico at a mexican restaurant. It's drinkable, but so is Busch. I prefer a little more heft and if I'm going to go lighter then I'll opt for a number of different pilsners that I prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              I don't know about Netflix, but I have seen all but two of these, and they're all worthwhile.

Haven’t seen a thread dedicated to Chess Documentaries rather than films so thought I would start one and list some of the documentaries I’ve found online. Not knowing the copyright status on each I haven’t provided links but most can be found using Google or are available on Youtube. Would be great...

Not on the list is one called "American Gambit" - although I like it because a segment is about a friend of mine.
              Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Busch is more drinkable when you are 18

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I've had Pacifico at a mexican restaurant. It's drinkable, but so is Busch. I prefer a little more heft and if I'm going to go lighter then I'll opt for a number of different pilsners that I prefer.
                  Oh, I cannot drink Busch.

Can we just agree that you're fucking wrong on this and move along?

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

::::takes sip of a Pacifico:::::

De nada.

Comment

• Unsurprising. You can pretty much drink Pacifico all day -- while at work, while not, while walking a high wire, while not, while doing brain surgery, while not. It's also DUI-proof drinking.

Comment

• Yeah, it's only 4.5% abv. Very much in light beer range of alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Serious question. With the gains from corporate tax reduction that your small business has enjoyed, what are your company's plans for that extra cash?
                          Hire another employee. Give someone out of work or fresh out of college a job and a career to build on. We've had the need for one for a number of years.
                          Last edited by Kapture1; January 16, 2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• According to a calculator I used, I'm not getting one.
                            Then don't use Buzzfeed.

Another sweeping generality with no basis in fact.
                            Well, I haven't heard any of the progs here step forward and say they will give their tax cut to charity (I mean an actual charity, not the Clinton Foundation). That has to be about 0 out of 20. That is a fact. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You fought the cut with everything you have, but now you want to keep the money?

"required"? .......maybe in your world or religion. Not in mine.
                            I thought about that when I typed it. I suppose secular humanists are only comfortable with pointing a gun at MY head, taking MY money, and directing it to Democrats who want to destroy the country.

I'll just point out that last time I bought a semi-truck-load of food for the pantry it cost me $ 800.00 for 2 tons of food. We are talking canned goods that are past expiration, 50lb bags of rice, and 40lb bags of beans. No meat. Food pantries don't have 16 bureaucrats looking over their shoulder, have basically zero overhead, and serve people who are actually in need (why else would they be eager to live on rice and beans).

Comment

• At this point, given Geezer's tendency to invent his own "facts", I don't believe a word of any of it.

Comment

• Jeff: To your credit, I have been thinking about the Puerto Rico situation, with the "refugees" flowing to Florida. I'm still reading about it, and haven't formed an opinion yet, but I want to compliment you as the moderator for bringing up such a tough question. Thank you.

My initial reaction is that the PR refugees will flip Florida toward the Democrats. Thus it will be in the Republicans interest to "restore" PR and incentivize refugees to return. Cutting against this is the profoundly corrupt Democrat administration of PR that has effectively put the island into bankruptcy. I think the Rs would choose to bail out the island if they could ensure that the refugees return.

Or, we could send all these 800,000 DACA superheroes to PR and let them create heaven on earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X