No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In actual news, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, and Berkshire-Hathaway are forming a non-profit to address health care costs. Remote diagnoses through Alexa, Berkshire's insurance knowhow, Morgan's employees. 1.1 million people insured to start, with the emphasis on cutting costs, beginning with those costs related to "defensive" medicine. Market is down big-time owing to United Health which was down about 6%. Free-market, disruptive technology on the horizon boys. Trial lawyers beware.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        If any of the political leadership of the FBI asked an agent to change a 302, not only is that obstruction of justice but is a criminal act within the FBI's own regulations. 302s are the raw data from which everything else flows, and they are produced by field agents with no overt political agenda. Thing is particularly relevant in the Hillary investigation, given the field agents' objections to how that investigation was handled.

SLF, you claim to be an attorney. Can't you see the difference between Hillary's emails (under subpoena, bleachbit, destroyed hard drives, took classified documents to her home computer) and birtherism? Don't conflate criminal behavior with a nonsensical and easily debunked OPINION about Obama.

If it doesn't bother you that the IC might have defrauded the FISA court using opposition research paid for by Hillary and the DNC, then you have a remarkably low opinion of the fourth amendment. Even a troll would know better.
        House Republicans must have a pretty low opinion of the 4th Amendment too, because they just overwhelmingly voted to reauthorize and expand the FISA program. So tell me again how concerned they are that it could be abused? There's a few Freedom Caucus types that are consistent on this and Rand Paul. That's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          You left out Russian Collusion!
          I didn't leave out Russian Collusion. There may be no there there, but it's not fabricated. There are many known facts.

1. The Russians absolutely interfered in the election (even if the effect is disputed).
          2. The President has refused to take any actions, including those required by congress, to hold Russia responsible.
          3. Jr recieved an email asking to set up a meeting to receive "information that would incriminate Hillary ... and would be useful to your father." This email made clear that this information was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." Jr responded by setting up the meeting and saying "if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."
          4. Every person in his campaign has lied repeatedly about a Russian contacts.
          5. George Papadapolous bragged to australian diplomat that russia had dirt on Trump.
          6. Trump admitted he fired Comey to stop the Russia Investogation.
          7. At least two of his campaign staff have cut deals, including his NSA, because they tried to hide contacts with Russia.

Last, the investigation was not begun and conducted by actual partisans. It was done by career law enforcement officers with oversight by the courts.

That is a lot of smoke. It may be nothing but, it is not manufactured out of whole cloth.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Talent's boy Scott Pruitt probably unhappy this radio interview surfaced. Sure he was working for Jeb at the time...but this surfaces as he's behind-the-scenes angling for the AG job if Sessions gets canned/quits?

“Donald Trump in the White House would be more abusive to the Constitution than Barack Obama,” -- Scott Pruitt, Feb. 2016

Comment

• Paul Ryan's gone on the record to ask members to not oversell the memo and do not try to tie it to Mueller in any way.

The Donald will be displeased.

Comment

• I didn't leave out Russian Collusion. There may be no there there, but it's not fabricated. There are many known facts.
                There are known facts about Benghazi, too. Didn't make it illegal. Duh.

But you keep wearing the tinfoil hat. Maybe you can join with with Jon and start calling DJT Putin's cockholster, too.

6. Trump admitted he fired Comey to stop the Russia Investogation.
                There were several things to laugh at, but this is the clear winner...so LMAO...
                Last edited by iam416; January 30, 2018, 01:04 PM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not sure who this Dennis Nunes guy is, but the way Pelosi was ranting about him this morning on CNN, he's gotten under her very thin skin.

Comment

• How else can you interpret this Talent?

Trump told NBC's Lester Holt: "And in fact when I decided to just do it, [Fire Comey] I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."
                    Especially in light of him telling the Russians this, just days later.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        How else can you interpret this Talent?

Especially in light of him telling the Russians this, just days later.
                        that's your Russian collusion evidence? After a year and a half, that's all you got?

Comment

• Last edited by Kapture1; January 30, 2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• SLF:

I'd suggest watching the interview. He was pretty clear that he wanted the investigation to continue. He was also pretty pissed that Comey wouldn't publicly say that DJT wasn't under investigation, which, of course, he wasn't.

If you ask your FBI guy to say something that is absolutely true and he won't do it, you're out.

There are literally 6 minutes of interview, I think, that involves him talking about why he fired Comey. Watching that and saying DJT fired Comey to stop the Russia investigation is one ginormous red flag that I'm dealing with an absolutely and total partisan prog.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• total partisan prog

Repetitive Redundancy. Revise and Resubmit.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                SLF:

I'd suggest watching the interview. He was pretty clear that he wanted the investigation to continue. He was also pretty pissed that Comey wouldn't publicly say that DJT wasn't under investigation, which, of course, he wasn't.

If you ask your FBI guy to say something that is absolutely true and he won't do it, you're out.

There are literally 6 minutes of interview, I think, that involves him talking about why he fired Comey. Watching that and saying DJT fired Comey to stop the Russia investigation is one ginormous red flag that I'm dealing with an absolutely and total partisan prog.
                                He wanted the investigation to "continue." Just not as it had been going.

And never before has an FBI director been fired for not saying or doing what a president wanted. The FBI is supposed to be quasi-independent. And for good reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X