Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    I can already tell which way the liberal media wants to cover this years Winter games, lazer focused on race, gender, and sexual orientation rather than the achievements in sports. Why the fuck does the left care so much about race, religion (other than christian and Judaism) and sexual preference so damn much? It's creepy as fuck.
    Good question ....... if NRO is correctly describing the "gentrification" of the Democratic party then talking about this sort of thing is politically appealing to that group of Democrats.

This stuff is also click bate stories in print journalism and hot-button stuff that attracts eyeballs to watch NBC's very costly production of the Olympics.

I'd rather watch skiing - all types of it. Like you, I suspect, I could give a shit about hearing these stories and generally turn off the blabbering when it occurs.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Winter sports are awful. The only way to make winter stories interesting is the personalize the athletes. No one wants to here about the tough road of a "privileged white male" or root for them.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I care a shitload. One of the stupidest things a human being can do is to judge another one by their tribal identities. We make this mistake time and again and we hurt ourselves in the process. I agree with my favorite writer Kapuscinski that religion, nationalism and racism wreck brains and polities. Religion won't be going away any time soon, and neither will nationalism. Racism CAN be licked in a few generations' time, in countries like Canada and Australia where there is actual effort put into getting past tribalism. The US can do it too, despite the huge setbacks. And maybe even the UK can, as it's getting its comeuppance now for letting old racists rule the day. Countries that manage this transition will be the best places on Earth, and, other endowments and disadvantages aside, have the most-functional economies, because decisions will be made based on facts and not nonsense. I also think that the approach of the modern left is doing more harm than good. If society isn't ready it kicks back like a mule, so if you want to keep your eyes on the prize, plan accordingly. Which is hard, since we're just humans, and humans are fucking idiots. (Not me, or Wiz, but obviously the rest of you)

Comment

• As long as decisions are made on merit, I'm cool. Unfortunately, phrases like "most qualified person for job" are defined microaggressions. So, it's clear the Gentry Liberals aren't particularly interesting merit as a fact in their decision-making. They prefer to stick with the fact of identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Winter sports are awful. The only way to make winter stories interesting is the personalize the athletes. No one wants to here about the tough road of a "privileged white male" or root for them.
            curling aside, I love the winter sports.

Comment

• curling aside, I love the winter sports.
              Yeah, but you also like Sparty, so you're a proven idiot. I already can't wait for the Winter Olympics to be over. As thrilling as it is to clock watch -- "Oooh, that sled is 0.03 seconds ahead at the first check!"

There is only one correct answer here -- the Winter Olympics suck. The Wizard will confirm shortly whenever the public library opens in Ogallala.

Comment

Yeah, but you also like Sparty, so you're a proven idiot. I already can't wait for the Winter Olympics to be over. As thrilling as it is to clock watch -- "Oooh, that sled is 0.03 seconds ahead at the first check!"

There is only one correct answer here -- the Winter Olympics suck. The Wizard will confirm shortly whenever the public library opens in Ogallala.

lol, public library in Ogallala

Comment

As long as decisions are made on merit, I'm cool. Unfortunately, phrases like "most qualified person for job" are defined microaggressions. So, it's clear the Gentry Liberals aren't particularly interesting merit as a fact in their decision-making. They prefer to stick with the fact of identity.
                  Being humans, we don't get it right the first time or the second or the third. We overcorrect this way and then that way. We're in the process of overcorrecting. We are what we are. I agree what way too many people are more interested in righting wrongs or it being their turn at the controls, and not interested enough in finding the right balance for a sustainable approach that requires no overcorrecting. Again, we're humans, and therefore idiots. But tribal nonsense is an even further straying from the concept of merit-based rewards. We will go through this overcorrection, and some people are going to pay in pain for what their ancestors enjoyed. Sounds to me like a better path to merit than continuing to pretend that tribal nonsense is real.

Comment

• I can already tell which way the liberal media wants to cover this years Winter games, lazer focused on race, gender, and sexual orientation rather than the achievements in sports. Why the fuck does the left care so much about race, religion (other than christian and Judaism) and sexual preference so damn much? It's creepy as fuck.
                    I care a shitload. One of the stupidest things a human being can do is to judge another one by their tribal identities. We make this mistake time and again and we hurt ourselves in the process.
                    OK. Can anyone explain to me why DIVERSITY is such an awesome thing that colleges accept unqualified students, 110 lb. women join the Marines, and congressional districts are Gerrymandered so they are majority-minority.

The most successful societies on earth are relatively homogeneous. Norway, Switzerland, Japan, and China value homogeneity. Why then do we view diversity as such a critical element in everything?

IMO, diversity is an excuse to tell those who are not qualified that they are victims. One of the most vicious belief systems is that everyone is equally talented, so the losers in the marketplace have a reason to believe it is not their fault. Yesterday, a black athlete complained that he was not allowed to carry the US flag into the Olympic Stadium because he was black. He lost a coin flip for gosh sakes, but now we don't celebrate equal opportunity (as in heads or tails). We celebrate diversity.

What is so all-fired great about diversity anyway?

Comment

• usa hockey
                      downhill skiing

other then that I'll flip by the nbc channels broadcasting commercial after commercial followed by 3 minutes of competition followed by commercial after commercial ad nauseum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        Ha, still desperately searching for that Russia connection... except one problem... Page was an undercover FBI employee.

He was embedded in the campaign for the warrant. The entire Russia collusion bullshit was an attempted coup in the event Trump won. Except after a year of Title I FISA, a year and a half of Trump Russia investigation, and months of special council there is still nothing, and there never will be.

She could and probably should be fired but she is like a daughter to Trump. But she sucks at her job.
                        This is hilarious.

Why do Investigation-denialists insist on hanging their hat on a fading hook?

You explain away Page like he is the singular linchpin. I wouldn't even waste the time to bother rebutting. Let's just grant that he was an FBI plant -- these two questions still have to have answers:

-Why does Clovis recruit him? Clovis was hand picked by Trump and wouldn't have been involved in any other administration. The guy is a clown. I don't need to elaborate.

-Why does Trump bring Page into NatSec? Why? Yes, the group ends up ballooning to 13, but of first 5.... Page is there. Page was known to be entangled with Kremlin (preceding Trump's existence in picture. Whether by FBI construction or plain stupidity -or , doesn't matter in terms of question *for me*... But, his motivations seem to indicate the latter.)

Even if you go ahead w/ "Page was embedded in the campaign" -- he only exists in the campaign cause of Clovis... And he only reaches the level he does within the campaign because of Trump. All of this while knowing Page was an idiot and had Russian associations. Please, don't tell me he was gift wrapped to clovis from Clinton or Obama. The convenience of that delusion would be unprecedented.

Can those two questions on Page be reliably answered in any way?

Then, if they can, the same line of questioning exists for:

Papadapolous:
                        -Plead guilty to a nothing charge (cooperation carrot)
                        -Trump claimed he was nobody (after claiming he didn't know him (NatSec promotion and flight manifests suggest otherwise. As well as Papa's idiotic propensity to brag about his WH purpose to Greek media and blabbing to AUS diplomat))
                        -Nevermind the fact that he is literally sitting at the NatSec table two seats from Sessions/four from Trump.

Manafort:
                        -I won't go into detail on this quagmire. It'd take too long and everything about him was known before being brought on by Trump. Was he gift wrapped by previous admin?

Flynn:
                        -Plead guilty to a nothing charge (cooperation carrot)
                        -Randomly ascended in place of Chris Christie... at the last minute... For no discernible reason (if this is all bullshit, then Trump's appointment of him is even stranger and unproductive)

I am anticipating you can have a conversation about 15% of this, the rest you will ignore/gloss over and attribute to "deep-state" or whatever the current blanket rebuttal is.

That is the increasing problem with denying Trump-Russia... All men listed above (and others) were PICKED and/or ENDORSED by Trump himself. Most of the men listed above were SADDLED w/ baggage that Trump was made aware of. Most of the men listed above (and others) raised eyebrows the moment their names were mentioned in terms of WH roles. Trump was responsible for landmining his admin with publicly understood red flags.

The timelines aren't a debate
                        The meetings aren't a debate
                        The flights aren't a debate

Where exactly is the dispute?

PS
                        Lambasting the Olympics for cultural tribalism... When sports have thrived on personalized narratives since the beginning of time... While simultaneously attributing any critique of current president to a subversive "attack by left" is , like, Walter-White Blue-Level crystal irony.

Also, gotta remember: America isn't real great at the winter olympics. We'd be shit if wasn't for the convenient inclusion of more modern sports -- most of which don't compare to the traditionals -- (caveat is speed skating. We've actually done a good job there)

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          usa hockey
                          downhill skiing

other then that I'll flip by the nbc channels broadcasting commercial after commercial followed by 3 minutes of competition followed by commercial after commercial ad nauseum
                          I like figure skating, and the half pipe and slope style snowboarding, downhill skiing too, shit is insane

Comment

• Crash...... you forgot adding the NBC features on race, religion (other than christian and Judaism) and sexual preference[/I]
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hack:

Fair response acknowledged. Now STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                                Lambasting the Olympics for cultural tribalism... When sports have thrived on personalized narratives since the beginning of time
                                I'm not sure about the beginning of time thing. Sports thrived then because of the true value of them. It was the commercialization of sport that let the cat our of the bag leaving us today with the true life stories of struggling athletes that interrupt the joy of simply watching them perform.

Comment

Working...
                                X