No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unilever threatens to pull its ads from Facebook and Google.

Given the reach of those two platforms and no viable large scale digital alternatives, it seems to me that Unilever is just pissing in the wind. Oh I think they're right about social media being a swamp, but there's a long line of advertisers willing to pick up the slack.

Lipton and Ben & Jerry's owner Unilever is threatening to pull its advertising from digital platforms that it says have become a "swamp" of fake news, racism, sexism and extremism.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      English is neither his first nor second language

Comment

• Well it costs Unilever very little to SAY they're thinking about this, so I agree its unlikely. But, IIRC, something like a third of Unilever sales come in places where Internet access is a luxury. Those countries are their future, too -- places where per-capita spending on staples has lots of room to grow.

Comment

• the artist that painted 0bama's portrait is soo woke. Here is another of his masterpieces.

And people wonder why race relations are shit right now.
          Last edited by Kapture1; February 12, 2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• With a billion+ sets of eyeballs on FB, pulling ads would have to come from high up on the mountain. It will be interesting to read FB's followup commentary.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Donald Trump Jr.'s wife hospitalized after opening envelope with white powder

Donald Trump Jr.’s wife, Vanessa Trump, was taken to the hospital Monday after receiving a letter containing white powder that was later deemed to be non-hazardous, New York City police told Fox News.

Comment

• Aetna admits denying medical coverage without reviewing medical records. Yikes.

California’s insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients’ records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

Comment

• I watched pairs ice dancing Friday night and the biatholon of skiing yesterday. good stuff actually but too many friggin commercials--
                  The Olympics are not watchable unless you tape them and can fast-forward through the endless commercials. In watching the figure skating, all I'll say is that the priorities for the judges are 1. Reputation 2. Country 3. Actual merit of the performance. That male skater from Canada fell on his ass twice last night and still got the highest score. JMO. Also, JMO but the Russian females are at least 20% better than their competition.

Comment

• I know nothing about figure skating (or ice dancing, as it should be called). Certainly not enough to complain about the officiating.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      The Olympics are not watchable unless you tape them and can fast-forward through the endless commercials. In watching the figure skating, all I'll say is that the priorities for the judges are 1. Reputation 2. Country 3. Actual merit of the performance. That male skater from Canada fell on his ass twice last night and still got the highest score. JMO. Also, JMO but the Russian females are at least 20% better than their competition.
                      Please,

US Woman first olympic triple last night.

Comment

• He's merely spouting the latest RT propaganda designed to sow division and weaken our political and cultural coherence.

(just a joke, Geezer.)

Comment

• Comment

• haha

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              He's merely spouting the latest RT propaganda designed to sow division and weaken our political and cultural coherence.

(just a joke, Geezer.)
                              Reminds me of those civilization simulators.

Allocate funds into espionage technology.

Succeed in sowing discontent/subvert.

Ah, those were the days.

Comment

• Notice anything garish and out of place?

Comment

Working...
                                X