No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I don’t understand your fatalism on this issue. It doesn’t seem like a viewpoint you share on many issues. And I dont think I’ve called for banning guns.
    It seems to me that banning some guns is a half-assed measured that won't serve the ends. It seems to me that a kid that wants to kill his classmates won't be deterred by the unavailability of semi-automatic rifles. So, I know you're not for banning all guns and I therefore think that whatever ban you are for is doomed to be entirely ineffectual.

As I mentioned, I do think there are steps and ways to approach this issue. And, I'd really, really advise following the Rs playbook on the state level re abortion.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I would have said that Reasonable dialog was possible until I actually sat and watched that town hall that CNN had. What a fucking disgusting display. when one side is saying "if you don't agree with me about policy, then you don't give a shit about murdered kids" you will never get reasonable dialog. All you will get is people digging their feet in the ground.

That townhall was repugnant.

I have followed the gun debate for years and years, and I see the right willing to work with the left on some reform right now. That changes when the left says we need to ban guns and nothing less will be good enough. the right will stop their willingness as soon as they are told they don't care about dead kids unless they agree right now to abolish the NRA, repeal the 2A and ban guns.
      Last edited by Kapture1; February 23, 2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• The now ex-cop, Scot Peterson, who wouldn't confront Cruz and stayed outside has to be on suicide watch. Imagine blaming yourself for not attempting to save the kids, having to quit your job, being reviled by millions, and having the POTUS publically call you a coward.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Abortion tools don't kill babies...abortion doctors with abortion tools kill babies...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• People aren't stupid. Wiz is stupid.

Comment

• Asked what Peterson should have done when gunfire broke out at the Parkland school on February 14, Israel said the resource officer should have gone into the building.
              "Addressed the killer. Killed the killer," the sheriff said.
              Israel suspended Peterson without pay pending an investigation. Peterson chose to resign, he said.
              CNN's calls to Peterson have not been returned.
              President Donald Trump made his first remarks about Peterson while departing the White House on Friday, saying the deputy "certainly did a poor job."
              "He trained his whole life," Trump said. "But when it came time to get in there and do something, he didn't have the courage or something happened. But he certainly did a poor job, there's no question about that."

And the Orange Moron thinks armed teachers will do better. Jesus.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And, I'd really, really advise following the Rs playbook on the state level re abortion.

Just my guess, but that works because the black market for abortion is coat hangers and other very scary stuff. Acquring a gun illicitly would be far easier and less risky.

Comment

• Just caught up on the Trudeau trip. It's painfully embarrassing; funny:

Justin Trudeau's hometown paper, the Ottawa Citizen, compared his India trip to George H.W. Bush's 1992 Tokyo trip when Bush vomited on Japan's prime minister.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    And the Orange Moron thinks armed teachers will do better. Jesus.
                    there's the shitty snark.

first of, all of the teachers I know are far braver than that chickenshit.

Second, they are already standing unarmed between the psycho and their children huddled in a corner. It doesn't get any braver than that.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; February 23, 2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Next week, Trudeau visits Compton

Comment

• Someone showed Trudeau that namaste "praying" hands gesture and he has done it on every photo op and has worn outfits like he was going to a Bollywood wedding. Hilarious.

Comment

• He trained his whole life,
                          Sigh
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trudeau and wife visiting the bow and arrow Indians next:

Comment

• Just my guess, but that works because the black market for abortion is coat hangers and other very scary stuff. Acquring a gun illicitly would be far easier and less risky
                              Well, if the argument is that the easy availability of guns illegally makes gun laws sort of doomed to fail, then I'm sympathetic. If the point is simply that getting an abortion illegally is harder than getting a gun, then ok, but I didn't say it'd have the same effect.

I'd still try regulating the crap out of it in blue states.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Indian in Canada are mocking him for it. I wonder what the foreign-affairs folks advised him previous to the trip. Either they completely failed him or, more likely, he ignored some common-sense advice.

It could get a bit frustrating. At first it was great to see a full-throated defence of our multiculturalism. But now it's the only note he can hit reliably, so he's of course overplaying it, and that could do more harm than good. Once he arrives back home the PM's office needs to put him on the shelf for a bit.

Overshadowed, however, is that there actually may have been a good job done from Ottawa settling the big pipeline debate ongoing. That pipeline needs to get built, and ours is a federal system too, and it looks like Ottawa told both provincial premiers to cut the crap and get the damn pipeline built. India may overshadow success in an area for which he was getting significant criticism from the right.

Comment

Working...
                                X