No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it hard to believe that there are not enough stateside bases that can support 'non-deployables' until the end of their enlistment/commission. Unless you're talking about mental illness that would interfere with even stateside assignments, I'm not a fan of mustering out military members when they were deployable when their enlistment/commission started. The proposed policy exempts pregnancy and a few others, but not nearly enough. The GI who loses his leg to an IED, the military can't find him a desk job and needs to boot him out? Guess his Purple Heart is meaningless.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So it looks like the Parkland HS girl with the buzzcut is coming up on 1m twitter followers -- 954k now. NRA has 584k. Maybe the GOP is gonna have to find a way to allow Putin's twitter bots to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        So it looks like the Parkland HS girl with the buzzcut is coming up on 1m twitter followers -- 954k now. NRA has 584k. Maybe the GOP is gonna have to find a way to allow Putin's twitter bots to vote.
        I'm sure the NRA is shaking in their boots lol

Comment

• I hope #GentryProgs will now quit their mewling about how all-powerful the NRA is. I mean, it seems pretty weak to me.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I just realized mewling was a favorite of the The "Mighty" Hedgehog and probably still is. The only thing worst than posting like a Bucknell Alum is posting like a North Carolinian. Really firing on all cylinders today.

Comment

• Remember, they only want sensible gun control

Sorry for the big pic
              Last edited by Kapture1; February 26, 2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• We should definitely have Post like DSL Day, so we can flood the thread with unsolicited updates. We should also have AA Day, where we deescalate important discussions about hot sauce with poignant questions about whisky. On Talent Day we could all just spend all day talking about the things too stupid for us to talk about. Buchanan Day wouldn't be enough. We'd need a week at least, maybe two. And we would definitely need to decompose afterward during Wiz Hour.

Comment

• Putin's cock holster stoops to yet another new low.

President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign used a photo of a survivor of the Parkland, Florida, shooting in an email Saturday that asks its recipients to donate money to the campaign.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Buchanan Month and Wizard Hour are horrifying, but thank fucking god hack-Geezer day didn't make the cut. I can abide the rest.

Comment

• If a student takes a parents gun and shoots up the school, should the parents be held as accountable as the student?

debate I had over the weekend and was interested in what people here think...
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Definitely not criminally liable. Potentially civilly liable. If they act in concert or knowingly provide the guns then that's a little different. There's some criminal liability, but it's not the same.

We currently punish straw purchasers with up to 10 years (I think). They are not liable for murder; they're liable for their own crime. It seems absolutely bananas to me to punish parents where kids abscond with the weapons.
                        Last edited by iam416; February 26, 2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• should they be? Instead of banning guns should we be discussing access and responsibility?

Comment

• Chasing down and punishing parents of shooters? Wrong immediate targets. Maybe later after more profitable risk reduction steps are undertaken.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• CLAY COUNTY, Mo. — The Clay County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a naked man, who led authorities on a chase while on a four-wheeler, was arrested Sunday. (Watch the video in the player abo…

The actual reason why wiz will not be on the board for a month..

Comment

• (1) There's no liability, whatsoever, if your gun is stolen and used in a crime. And rightly so.

(2) The only differences between a stranger and your child stealing your gun is that you've parented your children and they may have easier access. We don't make parents liable for "bad parenting" so the only germane difference is relative ease of access. That seems like a remarkably thin reed on which to go from no liability to life in prison.

Comment

Working...
                                X