Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol.

So, in your civil war blood list fantasy, you annihilate the left w/ the militia you aren't yet a part of. The military toes the line... cause.... constitution... and then we have a significant amount of defectors who join your noble cause you aren't actually a part of to then fight the government.

You must have a cross in your bedroom. I might just have to resign now and join you. I am rock hard with a newfound patriotism. Good lord.

Man, the faded dreams of a mid aged male. Keep it coming Kapture.
    Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; February 27, 2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• because in the history of civilization governments have never turned on their people, never gone usurpatious. Nevermind that fantasy of that communist utopia you lefties jack it to killed over 100,000,000 of it's own citizens in the last 100 years.

It's not for me. It's hopefully not for my kids. Someday liberty will need to, once again, be defended at the barrel of a gun. Especially if we extrapolate the left to it's logical endpoint.
      Last edited by Kapture1; February 27, 2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/3PjR8v1njsg[/ame]
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A long article, but reminds me a bit of a "Texas Monthly" piece. It's about a lawyer, squatter, crazy person who made people's lives hell.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Speaking of the Supremes: they are hopefully going to end the mandated "fair share - defacto union membership - whether you like it or not" horsehit.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/01/58253...eed-unions-dry
            Yeah. I am sure that all the business management would will treat people fairly without unions around. I always thought that there should be no free riders. That if you dont want to pay then you should not get any of the benefits. Let us see how an individual does against management.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
              Lol.

So, in your civil war blood list fantasy, you annihilate the left w/ the militia you aren't yet a part of. The military toes the line... cause.... constitution... and then we have a significant amount of defectors who join your noble cause you aren't actually a part of to then fight the government.

You must have a cross in your bedroom. I might just have to resign now and join you. I am rock hard with a newfound patriotism. Good lord.

Man, the faded dreams of a mid aged male. Keep it coming Kapture.
              Loloo

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                Yeah. I am sure that all the business management would will treat people fairly without unions around. I always thought that there should be no free riders. That if you dont want to pay then you should not get any of the benefits. Let us see how an individual does against management.
                Unions, by-in-large, are an anachronism. Over 93% of private business workers are non-union.

And, to be sure, if this passes, those 6.5 percent of employers with a union will grant the same benefits negotiated by a union to their non-union workers.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Vietnamese militia shot its last wad at tet and was effectively neutralized

except at Way

where all the press was

the "militia held on for 3 weeks or so and all the press had a field day sharpshooting the military and executive weaknesses with images of American casualaties on your evening news

we fought a shitty war for shitty reasons but the outcome from a combat viewpoint was decidedly in the USA's favor. whether they could have been finished off no one will ever know

Comment

Unions, by-in-large, are an anachronism.
                    So's the middle class and/or the American dream and/or the world's only superpower. Etc, etc.

Comment

• It confirms that the FBI and the DOJ relied heavily on uncorroborated, third-hand, anonymous sources in their FISA application.

Comment

• they haven't noticed it yet lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          Loloo
                          ?\_(ツ)_/?

Comment

• Public unions are problematic for several reasons. It’ll be nice to have a Supreme Court that doesn’t ignore First Amendment issues to keep them around.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Was the FDR reference included for his opposition to public sector unions?

OTOH, he signed and heartily supported the Wagner Act AKA the NLRA, which in its original form and during FDR's lifetime, made it legal for unions and companies to enter into contracts that required union membership to even be hired. The law was significantly altered by the Taft-Hartley Act post-WWII which effectively opened the doors for 'right-to-work' laws

Comment

Unions, by-in-large, are an anachronism. Over 93% of private business workers are non-union.

And, to be sure, if this passes, those 6.5 percent of employers with a union will grant the same benefits negotiated by a union to their non-union workers.
                                Unions are legally required to (in good faith) represent and defend ALL members of the same bargaining unit, even those employees that refuse to join the union. Employers obviously are well aware of this and offer matching benefits in order to encourage free riders.

And I'd wager the actual percentage of private sector unionism is now lower than that. Last I tried to look it up it was under 5%.

Comment

Working...
                                X