No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea willing to discuss denucularization with the US and not resume future ballistic missile tests, per South Korea.

24D underwater MAGA MAGA MAGA chess
    Last edited by Kapture1; March 6, 2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Whoever as given AlabamAlum Lagging Access, can they change that Mute Access? I believe the kids today call that read-only.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hack has mentioned at various times Canada building pipelines of some sort. I assume they need to find ways to get maple syrup from Sherbrooke to Saskatoon. In any event, the Canucks have introduced new legislation that will affect how such projects (and others) are assessed. https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...nt-regime.html

I'm not sure how Canadian government works, but I assume it becomes law when Trudeau does a vaudville dance in full eskimo gear. Then again, I'm also assuming the law was drafted on an Etch-A-Sketch so it may not be final as of yet.

Anywho, my favorite part of the bill is that each assessment for any project covered by the legislation must include a gender assessment. So, before Hack's great maple syrup pipeline can be built they'll need to determine it's gender impacts.

Crazy fucking canadipeople.

Comment

• No, how it works is that in the House of Commons the Sergeant at Arms spins the giant Wheel of Cultural Appropriation, and when it lands on a country Trudeau has 13 minutes to get to wardrobe and emerge in the relevant national garb to announce the new law. Otherwise it's a snap election.

We both know that legislation is going to have a certain amount of make-the-right-noises stuff in it. I'd prefer to include only what you are going to enforce, but this is government and that's how it works. I do agree though that there needs to be pretty tight oversight. Profit isn't always a good fit with infrastructure. We say that the private sector can do some things more efficiently, but in truth they're going to contract with the same contractors and consultants anyways. One side is motivated to cut corners to boost profit; the other is not. So I agree with the need for very close surveillance. People aren't NIMBY for no good reason. There are SOME good reasons. Including the need to protect various species of prairie dog living near those pipelins from exposure to sugar highs.

Comment

• +7200 Internet points awarded to Talent

+7700 Internet points awarded to hack

-1300 Internet points deducted from DSL

Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just to clarify, so I'm up 15,400 on the day so far?

Comment

• Alas, it seems the poor folks of Saskatoon will have to enjoy their johnnycakes with Aunt Jemina. Or wait, I'm sure that's banned in Canada. So -- Log Cabin. Travesty.

No, how it works is that in the House of Commons the Sergeant at Arms spins the giant Wheel of Cultural Appropriation, and when it lands on a country Trudeau has 13 minutes to get to wardrobe and emerge in the relevant national garb to announce the new law. Otherwise it's a snap election.
                That's high 4-star work. Maybe even 5-star.

Comment

• No, hack, apparently this forum likes my work so much, it posts it twice.

Also, Talent, this Saturday is that bluegrass thing at the swanky C-bus eatery and chainsaw repair.

Apparently it's $100/pp for entry to the event and a 4-course meal. Which, in that area, I assume is a jigger of Slivovitz , Amish Meatloaf, some meth, and scrapple pate'.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The menu is provided in the link, asshat. That said, your menu is more Parma/certain east-side Cleveland enclaves. The Central Ohio Balkan population is, lamentably, slim. Dublin, the restaurant location, is wasp/asian. Like Toronto.

And heh. But a cautious heh so as to not encourage any future posting on your part. Also, a far less cautious -- GTFO.

Comment

• Cleveland, C-Bus...not much difference there. It's like the distinction between Baton Rouge and Shreveport: dank, lamentable towns where the cultural center is in a strip mall next to an Applebee's.

Comment

• I would have gone with tried and true Tuscaloosa/Starkville analogy instead of Louisiana towns.

Comment

• Starkville/Columbus (MS) maybe. Tuscaloosa is pretty cool. The ratio of bars, good restaurants per capita is hard to beat.

If you wanted Alabama, I would go Montgomery and Bham. Although Bham has been through a decent cultural revival.

Comment

• I assumed from your Cleveland-Columbus line you were being entirely unserious. Even our resident vagabond, Dr. Strangelove, will attest to the substantial differences between NE Ohio and Central Ohio. He can also opine on esoteric Lorain-Reynoldsburg differences. And with a minor in Bellhopping from Cornell Regency, he can do it all while carrying your bags.

Comment

• I was being unserious. But I never let unseriousness rob a chance to tout the splendid tapestry of quality coeds and good eats that Tuscaloosa provides.

Comment

• No, you're of the Conquered People. That means you cannot let the remotest slight of your region, state and heritage pass without resorting to the dueling glove. Many a naive resident from parts west and north have felt the stinging ostracization of the prideful administrator over the most innocuous of flippant comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X