No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it would. Inflation would be instantly crazy. My point is, if you have an incredibly stupid amount of money, why not use a comparatively insignificant amount to do general good? I think everyone here on the board, with the possible exception of geezer, would be magnanimous. Hell, I'd even buy Wiz a new tractor!
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Cleveland, C-Bus...not much difference there. It's like the distinction between Baton Rouge and Shreveport: dank, lamentable towns where the cultural center is in a strip mall next to an Applebee's.
      Columbus is a far more booming place; tons of energy. Major construction projects all over the place. Cleveland, in many of ways, has more character.

Columbus is a lot like a generic Sun Belt fast-growing city. So's Indianapois for that matter. Large swaths of downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods, as well as around Ohio State, have been turned over to Gentry Prog hipsters. This keeps Talent sequestered in his 1950's cul-de-sac on the other side of city, bitterly decrying craft beer, skateboards, and the tragic loss of his neighborhood Applebee's.

Nah in honesty, it's a far more positive, young, and growing region than NE Ohio. But there are still things Cleveland has that Columbus can't really duplicate (yet). Cleveland Orchestra, the Art Museum, the Clinic...

Plus we're about to lose our MLS team, a city-killer if there ever was one

Comment

• Mr. Bezos has made many people much money. And has spent some of his own buying and running the Washington Post. But 112 Billion is a lot.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Gary Cohn out. Last week Hope Hicks and Josh Raffel, Kushner's top aide. Dina Powell left a few weeks before that and McMaster has been reported to be gone by the end of March. Porter quit/was fired in early February.

Someone reported John Bolton was at the White House today. God help us if he's the top choice to replace McMaster

Comment

• I thought Bolton had been committed to a psychiatric hospital a year ago for undisclosed issues. Or maybe that was just a prerequisite for being part of the current administration.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• CNN says Trump himself has been encouraging Da Mooch to keep attacking John Kelly on tv

Comment

• The parties have completely flipped on trade. Or do people simply recognize this issue as a way to be loyal to Trump or bash Trump?

Comment

• "Two legs good; four legs better"

Comment

• Bloomburg says Trump told Cohn THIS MORNING he wanted him to publicly support his tariff plan. Cohn promised nothing. He resigned hours later.

Comment

• Stormy Daniels breaks her silence and is suing Trump, acknowledging that she had not a one-time fling, but a long-running affair across 2006 and 2007.

The WWE Presidency carries on

Comment

• Yeah, it would. Inflation would be instantly crazy. My point is, if you have an incredibly stupid amount of money, why not use a comparatively insignificant amount to do general good? I think everyone here on the board, with the possible exception of geezer, would be magnanimous.
                        While Geezer would be his usual magnanimous self, he would point out that giving free shit to the Progs on this board would be totally counterproductive. Better that Bezos invest where he sees fit and makes himself an additional 112 Billion. That will create more wealth in the aggregate than giving away his current wealth to those who will not work to obtain their own wealth.

He is a genius. There are precious few of them. It is ridiculous for the Leach Progs to attach themselves to him and suck the intellectual blood from him. Even though I despise the WaPo, I say let Bezos be, and he will create even greater wealth which will benefit us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          The parties have completely flipped on trade. Or do people simply recognize this issue as a way to be loyal to Trump or bash Trump?

blue collar whites are no longer dems... and many republicans are taking Trump's lead and addressing their concerns.

The republican party is going through a transformation. it'll be interesting to see which voter blocks win... and which end up leaving.

btw.. dem's are going through this as well. It's not a working class party anymore.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            Bezos tops the Forbes richest list at $112 BILLION. Why not give every American a million dollars and wipe out poverty in a day? Oh I know, he couldn't scrape by on a couple of billion dollars.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...l&utm_medium=2
                            320,000,000 times 1,000,000

you math much bro?

Comment

• You can’t do any polling with PDJT in the question. You have to ask the question generally. Do you support tariffs? Do you support tariffs to help steel? Do you support free trade?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Here's the Stormy Daniels lawsuit, including as an exhibit the original 2016 Hush Agreement signed by Michael Cohen (but not Trump AKA "David Dennison")

Comment

Working...
                                X