No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey one thing we haven't talked about in a while is how many Trump figures need to do hard jail time before we can consider the system as having provided a major deterrent to corruption? I think it's gotta be at least two dozen. Black people only count for half, though, so if Ben Carson goes you need to find another. I'm not sure Ajit Pai fits in that bucket. Does anyone know if the good folks at BLM have opined on whether brown lives matter? Either way, I think the grand jurors should be drawn from campus diversity offices. Might as well let a few Russians and Chinese on the jury too. Also up on corruption charges should be anyone who likes Tabasco sauce.

Comment

• 9oz Filet, medium, wrapped in bacon, hold the steak sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Medium well? MEDIUM WELL??

Dear lord....
        medium or even medium-rareish
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Kapture and Jon deserve each other.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Rocky,
            Thanks for sharing. I still have yet to read an “this group thinks this and they are stupid for thinking that” article that was worth a shit.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Kapture and Jon deserve each other.
              I want my 40 bucks from Jeff Bezos, that selfish prick.

Comment

• 40 dollars?
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

40 dollars?
                  Just busting on Jon's math skills.

128,000,000,000 if passed out to every person in the US would be roughly 340 bucks each.

it's NOT a million each with billions to spare.
                  Last edited by Kapture1; March 7, 2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• 323 million citizens, correct? Closer to $400.

I think Jon's larger point is how many billions do you need and what are you gonna do with it? At some level, amassing more wealth means nothing. The Buffets, Gates, and Zuckerbergs(sp?) gave away a large chunk of their wealth because you live the same life with 10 billion (or with most, even less) then you do with a 128 billion.

But this is America. Keep it all, whatever.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 7, 2018, 04:56 PM.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bezos could build a $100,000,000 mansion in every state and territory of the union, including DC, and then build a $100,000,000 mansion in every country of the world after he personally paid for Trump's wall and STILL have around $75 billion dollars to suffer through life with.

It's hard to fathom that level of wealth.

Comment

• sure, if he were today to sell Amazon, the Washington Post, Whole Foods etc.

But as reported, Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan are going to be developing a new healthcare company for tens of thousands of Americans, so I guess that's one thing you can do with that much wealth, start an healthcare company that doesn't plan on making a profit.

Comment

• if your going to get a longhorns ribeye it has to be medium with a small side of a1

you never know what unpalliatible piece you might get so no chances A1 it is

washed down with a 24 oz draft or a lager

finished with don pepin in the garage with a couple of fingers of glensomething

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Kapture and Jon deserve each other.
                            Says the Keystone Ice drinker who buys his formal wear at Dollar General.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Bezos could build a $100,000,000 mansion in every state and territory of the union, including DC, and then build a $100,000,000 mansion in every country of the world after he personally paid for Trump's wall and STILL have around $75 billion dollars to suffer through life with.

It's hard to fathom that level of wealth.
                              It?s really hard to understand. A 5% return on a Billion dollars is almost a Million Dollars A WEEK. How could you ever spend that much money? Even building houses, you are just converting from a liquid asset to a different form. It?s still worth money.

With that said, it?s his money and he?s made a lot of people rich. So....
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                if your going to get a longhorns ribeye it has to be medium with a small side of a1

you never know what unpalliatible piece you might get so no chances A1 it is

washed down with a 24 oz draft or a lager

finished with don pepin in the garage with a couple of fingers of glensomething
                                Medium is too done and a good steak never, ever needs sauce, imo. Some cheap piece of shoe leather, sure. But look, overcook your steak and then slather it with spiced-up catsup. It's your money and no concern of mine.

And so many people think the red in a good rare steak is blood. It's not, it's myoglobin.

Comment

Working...
                                X