No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ball always moves with #GentryProgs. Get called to the carpet and they back off and back off and back off. Such is the ebb and flow of bitter #GentryProg venting.
    Last edited by iam416; March 12, 2018, 11:57 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Yeah, man, whatever. Lots of bluster and digression out the ass. We're not going to be remotely close so don't waste your time defending Monarch Obama.

The issue is arms sales to the Ukraine. Yeah, sure, PDJT and the Rs adopted a platform, after some debate, that basically kept shit the same as what the Monarch was doing. I agree, not as effective as it could be, but whatever. He should have upped the ante over the cowardly Monarch immediately, but I'm glad he eventually got to it.

Meanwhile, to play the dumbfuck rhetorical question game -- if these arms are so meaningless then why are the Ukrainians accepting them. They must think they can do some good, right? LOL. I wonder if the Russians consider this meaningless? I bet there are some good quotes about how they don't like this one bit...why? LOL.

OF COURSE it's mostly symbolic. But, the context of my original point was the #GentryProg mush-brained "collusion" conspiracy nonsense that relied on US Policy toward the Ukraine as evidence thereof.
      LOL.

I don't know, you really think Russia thinks a shipment of SMALL ARMS against their piddly proxy war is significant?

I can't imagine how many T-72s are within 6 hours of Ukraine.

He hasn't gotten to it, that is the issue. Not a shipment of rifles to Ukraine.

I get what you are saying, but if your counter point is "Trump sent small arms to Ukraine, so hashtagbuzzword yer stupid", then you are just buying into the same swing being fed on the other side.

Again, little interest here in defending Obama. Probably easier to repeatedly paint counterpoints as HRC/Obama fan's death rattles, doesn't make it true #NoRulzJstRite.

Comment

• I don't know, you really think Russia thinks a shipment of SMALL ARMS against their piddly proxy war is significant?
        I don't know, you really think Russia thinks arming the Ukraine is meaningless?

I get what you are saying, but if your counter point is "Trump sent small arms to Ukraine, so hashtagbuzzword yer stupid", then you are just buying into the same swing being fed on the other side.
        Do you get what I'm saying? Doesn't seem like it. I find sending arms to Ukraine a funny way of appeasing PDJT's Russian masters.
        Last edited by iam416; March 12, 2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Rgr.

Let's say it is significant.

And your presumption that Russia is very upset is true.

Seems like you'd have to concede that Russia was some ungodly multiplier more upset to have Putin plainly appeal to PJDT in getting Obama's softness on Russia dropped.

Comment

• and, still no Javelins.

Comment

• word is Mueller is close to wrapping the investigation up. Love getting the news before the Midterms that there was no collusion haha

Comment

• LOL

Comment

The ball always moves with #GentryProgs. Get called to the carpet and they back off and back off and back off. Such is the ebb and flow of bitter #GentryProg venting.
                  You're projecting your own chickenshit tactics onto me. I said collusion is in, and talked about collusion. Usually you're better than this, but this is a waste of time.

Comment

• Seems like you'd have to concede that Russia was some ungodly multiplier more upset to have Putin plainly appeal to PJDT in getting Obama's softness on Russia dropped
                    I have no doubt the sanctions are working and that Russia would much rather not have them.

We're speaking in different contexts. First, there's the issue of actual effect of whatever PDJT is doing to Ukraine. Second, there is the issue of his Ukraine policy in the context of the #GentryProg collusion tale.

So, we're on the first bulletpoint.

As I said, PDJT's sale of arms is largely symbolic. But, it's something that Obama wouldn't do. PDJT has, I believe, kept the Obama sanctions in place though declined to impose additional sanctions as authorized by some bill he actually signed last summer.

If the comparison is PDJT:Obama then it's mostly a push with the arms sales being an advancement.

and, still no Javelins.
                    Yeah, I mean the Pentagon just authorized the sale. They expect to get them this year. Does it really even matter to you? I mean, your point all along seems to be that these aren't significant (but not entirely meaningless). So, whether they get them or not won't much matter, right -- at least IYO. Or will you change your tune when they receive them?

Comment

• I said collusion is in, and talked about collusion. Usually you're better than this, but this is a waste of time.
                      Oh, I agree. The notion that is was, at all collusive, for PDJT to ask the Rs to adopt a platform on Ukraine consistent with (arguably more aggressive than) Obama by removing the plea to sell arms to Ukraine is beyond stupid. Especially in view of the fact that they're selling arms to the Ukraine.

But, I guess some folks just need to vent and use whatever little beachhead they can to rant about the "kleptocracy" and special interests and the downfall of the US.

No Rules, Just Right. #GentryProg
                      Last edited by iam416; March 12, 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, Kapture -- I love that Abramson quote.

Here's another great #GentryProg quote:

There are sensitivities of ethnicity with potential to endanger the harmony of community relationships. Great care will be taken in drafting ...this report to ensure that its findings embrace Rotherham's qualities of diversity. It is imperative that suggestions of a wider cultural phenomenon are avoided.

Comment

• Are we, though?

If Obama implemented the sanctions, which Russia clearly dislikes, does Trump get equal credit for simply not actively removing them?
                          -I am sure an argument could be made that Trump would remove them, if not for constant pressure on what appears to be his constant pandering to Russia. I won't make it.

Obama supplying small arms to Ukrainian fighters would be a footnote next to the sanctions.

I missed the argument for how effective the gesture was in terms of symbolic value -- I maintain it is a currency only exchanged by Trump's enclave.

Unsure if your last point is serious:

Ukraine can't destroy tanks w/ rifles.

If we were handing Ukraine the most effective tank destroying, soldier deployable, weapon in the world, Putin might actually care. His proxy war might actually cost him something he values (Russian Armor) instead of what he has always expended w/ impunity.

Comment

• If we were handing Ukraine the most effective tank destroying, soldier deployable, weapon in the world, Putin might actually care. His proxy war might actually cost him something he values (Russian Armor) instead of what he has always expended w/ impunity.
                            Alright, then. I think the sale has moved through all the various requisite levels of bureaucracy with the State Dept approving the sale last week. Both parties expect them to be in the Ukraine this year. Of course, I could be wrong on the bureaucratic layers. I should always assume N + 25 where N is what one thinks is final hurdle.

37 units and 210 missiles. For whatever good that'll do them.
                            Last edited by iam416; March 12, 2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• 40 billion for us

Comment

Thanks, Kapture -- I love that Abramson quote.

Here's another great #GentryProg quote:

"Asian"

Welp, at least those 1400 children can rest easy knowing their police department isn't racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X