No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Rex is out as Sec. of State. What could have happened that led to him being fired today?

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued a harsh condemnation of Russia following a nerve agent attack on a former Russian spy in the United Kingdom last week, going further than the White House’s response stopping short of pinning blame for the attack on Moscow.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's no easy thing to make an IOC executive look virtuous.

Comment

• Comment

• Welp, I guess Qualcomm is definitely not the biggest story or most important story of the day.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tillerson has been on the outs with Trump since the moron comment he made.

Mike Pompeo will move from Director of the CIA to SEC State. Pompeo is noteworthy as a staunch supporter of Israel and anti-environmentalist. He's been closely tied with DJT for a long time ..... no surprise he was picked to replace Tillerson
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Interesting, because Pompeo wouldn't throw the CIA and other intel agencies under the bus RE: Russia the way Trump clearly wanted.

Comment

• Confirmation hearings will be interesting
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Moreso for Haspel.

Comment

• Figured that was coming eventually, lot a tension brewing for a long time. And Trump bringing in his closer for the N Korea talks, as it could be what defines his entire 8 years.

in other news, Russia plot to kill Hillary Clinton revealed

Comment

• But Hilllllaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        But Hilllllaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee
                        I mean YOU voted for this. You thought THIS was the better choice for negotiations with N Korea? lmao

Comment

• There is a lot to unpack about that Qualcomm deal, no doubt about it. I agree it is the most interesting story of the day. I don't think very much of our collective ability to discuss it, but I'll keep an open mind.

Comment

• What we really don't know (and I doubt we can know) is how vital Q is to developing a US 5G, how far along they are, how far along the Chinese SuperCompany/Govt is and Broadcom's intentions wrt to 5G. Of course, that all starts with the predicate assumption that 5G is a sufficiently important interest to the US to get in the way of a normal SuperCompany merger.

Also, Intel.

Comment

• I will say that 5G ought to be viewed as infrastructure and, arguably, as important a piece of infrastructure that we will have.

Comment

• I don't know either. I'm suspicious of how direct the connection is between additional connectivity (5G, or the internet of things) and economic growth. The need for more connectivity is on a case-by-case basis or a country-by-country one. Saying that everybody needs more connectivity than they already have is at best a half-baked theory. Tech is full of those.

That said, I think the national-security angle is an important one.

Comment

Working...
                                X