No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Rex is out as Sec. of State. What could have happened that led to him being fired today?

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued a harsh condemnation of Russia following a nerve agent attack on a former Russian spy in the United Kingdom last week, going further than the White House’s response stopping short of pinning blame for the attack on Moscow.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's no easy thing to make an IOC executive look virtuous.

Comment

• Comment

• Welp, I guess Qualcomm is definitely not the biggest story or most important story of the day.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tillerson has been on the outs with Trump since the moron comment he made.

Mike Pompeo will move from Director of the CIA to SEC State. Pompeo is noteworthy as a staunch supporter of Israel and anti-environmentalist. He's been closely tied with DJT for a long time ..... no surprise he was picked to replace Tillerson
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Interesting, because Pompeo wouldn't throw the CIA and other intel agencies under the bus RE: Russia the way Trump clearly wanted.

Comment

• Confirmation hearings will be interesting
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Moreso for Haspel.

Comment

• Figured that was coming eventually, lot a tension brewing for a long time. And Trump bringing in his closer for the N Korea talks, as it could be what defines his entire 8 years.

in other news, Russia plot to kill Hillary Clinton revealed

Comment

• But Hilllllaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        But Hilllllaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee
                        I mean YOU voted for this. You thought THIS was the better choice for negotiations with N Korea? lmao

Comment

• There is a lot to unpack about that Qualcomm deal, no doubt about it. I agree it is the most interesting story of the day. I don't think very much of our collective ability to discuss it, but I'll keep an open mind.

Comment

• What we really don't know (and I doubt we can know) is how vital Q is to developing a US 5G, how far along they are, how far along the Chinese SuperCompany/Govt is and Broadcom's intentions wrt to 5G. Of course, that all starts with the predicate assumption that 5G is a sufficiently important interest to the US to get in the way of a normal SuperCompany merger.

Also, Intel.

Comment

• I will say that 5G ought to be viewed as infrastructure and, arguably, as important a piece of infrastructure that we will have.

Comment

• I don't know either. I'm suspicious of how direct the connection is between additional connectivity (5G, or the internet of things) and economic growth. The need for more connectivity is on a case-by-case basis or a country-by-country one. Saying that everybody needs more connectivity than they already have is at best a half-baked theory. Tech is full of those.

That said, I think the national-security angle is an important one.

Comment

Working...
                                X