X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Please press 2 if you'd like to speak with a representative or press 9 to hear your choices again.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe Hack will show up, he's spent some time in various ME places and could offer some perspective.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I stayed in a holiday inn express last night I'll handle this

I agree with Wiz

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Please press 2 if you'd like to speak with a representative or press 9 to hear your choices again.
            Those are the only choices? What kinda thread you runnin' here mister...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/klFbf6VG7uA[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                It could do a number of different things. It could, quite rightly, signal to the Palestinians that whatever deal they harbor hopes for is dead and that perhaps should take what they can get.

It could also be giving something big to Israel to set up significant concessions to be asked for later on -- concessions that the Sunni world will back.

This could be a step forward in what the US views as a necessary Sunni-Israel partnership against Iran (part and parcel to getting the fuck out from under Obama's verbal promise).

In any event, I'm quite happy we're no longer tip-toeing around a terrorist-run state hoping that this time, THIS TIME, the same failed policies will produce a different result.
                This .....

Although perhaps an oversimplification because you are dealing with Arabs here, this move fundamentally unmasks the real conflict which is between the US backed Israelis and Iran. While Russia is a player on Iran's side I don't think they have the leverage in the ME that Putin thinks they do. I could be wrong on this point.

An intermediate conflict- sort of Venn diagram thing - is the centuries old Shia/Sunni conflict. In the modern ME there are clear nation states representing these religious entities.

Hamas and Hezbollah are mere proxies for Iran in Syria and on the West Bank. Certainly there are other minor players and theseare visible in the Syrian conflict.

BTW talent, thanks for the clarification on a couple of issues I raised but we are, on balance, in agreement about the real problem with drug costs. I think upon further review, the Trump plan has some possibilities as I think those involved in formulating it, not withstanding the public presentation of it which I did not like, understand the BS associated with intermediaries.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• An intermediate conflict- sort of Venn diagram thing - is the centuries old Shia/Sunni conflict. In the modern ME there are clear nation states representing these religious entities.
                  Yeah, man. That's why we put with bullshit from Saudi Arabia. And it's why, very recently, Bahrain actually defended ISRAEL's right to defend itself. It's not revolutionary thinking here -- this has been the situation for years. BUT, the growing and active divide between Sunni and Shia is an opportunity.

And my understanding of PDJT's -- heh -- "art of the deal" is that he gives important folks at the table something they want early to get them to buy into the larger deal later. But that sort of fits with what you're seeing in the ME. Arguably he's lining up Israel and the Sunnis to support the "grand deal" -- one that I still think is entirely fanciful.

Regardless, I do think it's useful to remove this silly veneer that the US is just a neutral third party here. We're not. Back Israel. Don't kowtow to Hamas. And try to offer them something "surprisingly" generous down the road that is sufficient to get Sunni support and something that you can strong-arm Israel into accepting. And then I roll my 3 dice to your 2 and see if my armies conquer yours because it's just a simple as that!

BTW talent, thanks for the clarification on a couple of issues I raised but we are, on balance, in agreement about the real problem with drug costs. I think upon further review, the Trump plan has some possibilities as I think those involved in formulating it, not withstanding the public presentation of it which I did not like, understand the BS associated with intermediaries.
                  To be clear, I have no illusions about the effectiveness of PDJT's plan (it will not be). But, I just don't find it particularly newsworthy or offensive that he's selling his plan as sliced fucking bread.

I really, really don't know anything about the drug market and how they're purchased. I've also thought the intermediary issue was problematic, but, man, I just don't know enough/anything about it. So, I'd defer to you or AA or anyone who can talk on it with knowledge.

Comment

• I agree with Iam. We aren’t a neutral player and any attempts to pretend we are is just silly. Let’s be honest and crush/kill every Palestinian. At least until they accept that Israelis were given thier land and will capitulate. This stupid dance is stupid and fools no one.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Also, FWIW, I think the Iranians, Chinese and Russians are developing their own alliance of “outsiders” that can be pretty formidable in the right circumstances.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I’m glad that SLF is on board. There’s hope for him, yet. It’s crazy to treat a terrorist state equal to Israel.

Comment

• We are not supposed to be neutral between Israel and terrorists.

The progressive stance here is that those poor Palestinians are oppressed and THAT is what gives them the automatic moral highground. Nevermind they are siding with terrorists, nevermind they end up spreading Hamas' antisemitic propaganda.
                          Last edited by Kapture1; May 15, 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Well this went downhill fast

Comment

• Hope everything's ok your way, Talent. Tornado sirens blaring over here on the east side

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Hope everything's ok your way, Talent. Tornado sirens blaring over here on the east side
                                Probably just the Jeffersons.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X