• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "....blinded by The Donald....wrapped up by a douche..."
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Thanks for the link, talent ....... what this piece also does is draw some distinct lines linking the key players. Those lines simplify what has become, according to some elements of the press, an otherwise "complicated" situation.

Not that complicated actually. Made so, however, by the addition of other entities into the discussion who are really on the sidelines of this geopolitical drama and I include Fatah and Hamas in Gaza along with minor players in the Syrian situation and the remains of ISIL.

This author suggests there is no solution. While that may be true, the alignment of key players in the ME suggests otherwise. In this context DJT's withdrawal from the Iran deal and plans to ratchet up the sanctions on the Mullahs along with alignment of Egypt, with SA may pay dividends. If the EU would get on board, Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah and other entities aligned with them might collapse as viable organizations. Iran is another story but I could see a "revolution" in the opposite direction there with otherwise well educated Iranians suffering under the policy of the Mullahs.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tillerson: If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom

Geezer thinks by "our leaders" Tillerson was clearly talking about the failing New York Times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          That's a pretty feeble attempt at spin or just a demonstration of a severe lack of reading comprehension skills. Let's dumb it down so you can understand. Substitute "every American citizen to each other" with "Donald Trump". Reread and try again.
          Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          I suggest you listen to the whole VMI speech. He was lamenting the fake news promulgated by the NYP and WaPo. The NYT article crash posted is an example, and as Talent quoted

And Jon, your misreading of Tillerson's statement just shows your utter inability to think fairly
          ouch. I don't think you are a bad person or doing this type of shit intentionally, I just think the filter in which you interpret reality isn't working correctly. we are sitting in the same movie theater, watching the same move, and seeing two very different things on the screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

If (I don't expect it), but if nuclear arms are eliminated from the Korean Penninsula, would you progs think that is an accomplishment for this President? Or is your hatred for him such that you don't want that to happen because Trump might use that during the 2018 campaign? DSL for sure wouldn't want such success.
            Geezer demands the board's progs preemptively shower Trump with praise for an "accomplishment" that hasn't actually happened and that he himself doubts will come to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              The NYT article does say some helpful things.
              -The investigation of Trump predated any contact Papadopoulos had with the Australian fellow. (contradicting their own reporting btw)
              - there was at least one FBI/CIA agent embedded in the Trump campaign.
              - those who are anti-Trump are willing to support Hamas, Iran, Assad, MS-13, and NOKO, such is their Trump derangement.

If (I don't expect it), but if nuclear arms are eliminated from the Korean Penninsula, would you progs think that is an accomplishment for this President? Or is your hatred for him such that you don't want that to happen because Trump might use that during the 2018 campaign? DSL for sure wouldn't want such success.
              Where in the NY Times piece does it say that the FBI "investigation of Trump" predated GP's contract with the Australian ambassador?

I see nothing in the piece that says that, unless I've missed it. GP bragged to the Australian in May of 2016. Sometime during July Australia contacted the FBI. The FBI investigation began 7/31/2016.

Comment

• This author suggests there is no solution.
                Specifically, he suggests that Gaza is fucked. I don't think he suggests there's no Israel-Palestine solution.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  well since Strangelove hasn't posted it I guess I will

looks like horowicz's IG report is gonna be the THIS IS IT moment you all have been waiting for
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...stigation.html
                  You DO realize that the IG Report that's close to being released involves the Clinton email investigation, and not the Russia stuff...right?

Have any comments on the Senate Intel Committee (controlled by Republicans) determining that Russia wanted Trump to win and interfered in pursuit of that goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Tillerson: If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom

Geezer thinks by "our leaders" Tillerson was clearly talking about the failing New York Times?
                    by "our leaders" you assume he means Trump. which would be true if he were the only leader that we have. shit, ask 30% of the population, Trump isn't their president lol

which turns out they have become accepting of an alternative reality that is no longer grounded in facts. OH!

Comment

• Pretty clear who he is referring to... (if you have more than half a brain and aren't drinking the Trump Kool-Aid)

[ame]https://youtu.be/GRtsnJhHEfk[/ame]
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, I watched the speech and it's not about the press -- it's clear it's about all actors in the political system including for-profit and not-for-profit companies. Folks can read into his words whatever they want, but I read them as condemnation of the way policies are discussed by both sides these days.

Comment

• Kapture will like this: Andy McCarthy on the NYT article -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...t-buries-lede/

Comment

Kapture will like this: Andy McCarthy on the NYT article -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...t-buries-lede/
                            Do you think McCarthy's right? And if he's right, why have Wray and Pompeo done nothing about it?

Comment

Kapture will like this: Andy McCarthy on the NYT article -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...t-buries-lede/
                              "What the Times story makes explicit, with studious understatement, is that the Obama administration used its counterintelligence powers to investigate the opposition party?s presidential campaign.

That is, there was no criminal predicate to justify an investigation of any Trump-campaign official. So, the FBI did not open a criminal investigation. Instead, the bureau opened a counterintelligence investigation and hoped that evidence of crimes committed by Trump officials would emerge. But it is an abuse of power to use counterintelligence powers, including spying and electronic surveillance, to conduct what is actually a criminal investigation."

been saying that for a while now. Really good article.

Comment

• NY Times reports that Kushner's family is being bailed out from their 666 Fifth Ave money pit by...the Qatari government, who Cohen reportedly solicited bribes from and who most of the Gulf countries have been blockading for a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X