X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    That is what got Trump elected.

Comment

• North Korea threatens to cancel its meeting with Trump. Says Pence is a dummy.

Comment

• "Truth is relative", says Giuliani. Trump supporters happily agree

Comment

• Don’t worry about the NFL rules. They’ll all change once the NFLPA weighs in. Trust Oracle.

Too bad. I agree with DSL that it seems like a good way to dispose of a nettlesome issue.

But, yes, Whatabout Williamson?????
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• At least Williamson got a return engagement at the home of John Derbyshire. NRO is truly of no party or clique.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Don’t worry about the NFL rules. They’ll all change once the NFLPA weighs in. Trust Oracle.

Too bad. I agree with DSL that it seems like a good way to dispose of a nettlesome issue.

But, yes, Whatabout Williamson?????
              We may both think it's a good solution, but Trump not happy. Doesn't want to see this issue go away

"I don't think people should be staying in locker rooms. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing. You shouldn't be there. Maybe you shouldn't be in the country."

[ame]https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/999594554671206400[/ame]

Comment

• NRO is truly of no party or clique.
                Wait, is that the NRO's slogan? Is the NRO holding itself out as some sort of neutral organ? I must have really missed that. Great, great, great point. Super spot on. Would red over and over and over again.

Comment

• BTW, DSL -- to be clear on the NFL rules:

4. A club will be fined by the League if its personnel are on the field and do not stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem.

Comment

• Compulsory patriotism is always the best patriotism.

Comment

• Aw, them #GentryProgs -- The NFL rules ENSLAVE black players: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ans/637906002/

This guy needs a huge fucking megaphone.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        BTW, DSL -- to be clear on the NFL rules:
                        Right. Ideally I'd like to see the protests continue to go unpunished. But I'm fine with this compromise. The players aren't being forced to participate and the NFL technically isn't being obligated to be a platform for their political protests either.

But Trump clearly seems unhappy with the compromise. He wants players compelled to participate and punished in one way or another if they don't. Staying in the locker room shouldn't be an option. It's debatable how sincere he is or whether he just doesn't want this "culture war" red meat inanity to go away.

Comment

• You are very good at finding that stuff, congrats. Personally I think the best solution is to deploy David Clarke to personally taze any player who doesn't stand and then they can deport them. That will teach them.

Comment

• In the ever fluctuating area of public opinion, PDJT and the Rs have bounced back a bit from their turn of the year dale.

In the Generic Congressional, the Ds have dropped from +13 to +3.4.

PDJT's Approval ratings have improbably ticked up from 37.2 (and -20 net) to 43.7 (-9 net).

Senate-wise, not much to report other than expected stuff. Cruz won't lose to Beto (LMAO). Missouri, Indiana and West Virginia will be dogfights. I expect polling from Montana and ND to indicate similar races.

My personal guess as to slow gains for the Rs/PDJT is a continued strong economy and North Korea. Both sort indicate that, despite his astounding personal flaws, he's not going to run the US into an iceberg. The economy certainly seems like it won't be slowing down too much before November, if at all. North Korea, of course, is a different story.

It also probably helps PDJT that he hasn't had to weigh in on an issue that will produce a shitstorm. The #GentryProgs need to bait the KKK into another big march -- preferably after Labor Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Right. Ideally I'd like to see the protests continue to go unpunished. But I'm fine with this compromise. The players aren't being forced to participate and the NFL technically isn't being obligated to be a platform for their political protests either.

But Trump clearly seems unhappy with the compromise. He wants players compelled to participate and punished in one way or another if they don't. Staying in the locker room shouldn't be an option. It's debatable how sincere he is or whether he just doesn't want this "culture war" red meat inanity to go away.

I'm not sure it should technically be called a compromise unless the word compromise is being used to describe the agreement between some squishy owners and true American Patriot owners. That might be picking nits, but this is a stupid message board.

No matter what the NFL does it wouldn't satisfy Trump. He has a grudge against the NFL owners that can never be quenched. Truthfully it is one of the few redeeming qualities the NFL owners posess.

Comment

• You are very good at finding that stuff, congrats
                                It's not hard. It's a UST article linked on RealClear. It''s pretty easy to find articles like that when they represent mainstream #GentryProg thought.

Shamefully, however, those articles aren't on NRO -- I mean -- afterall -- they hold themselves out as "of no party no clique."

Comment

Working...
                                X