Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    AA et al

while you twits were debating the point counterpoints along with skulling your 56's into traps behind the green--I was 6/6 GIR converting the last for -1 on my way to a 37 in league

so to summarize

some subjects are just a little too close to home. but I know these guys and have stood in the hallway while their flag draped litters go by with the family walking behind crying and the staff lined up along the hallways with their hand over their hearts or saluting.
    so yeah to me that show of kneeling with your head down is a show of disrespect. instead of coming together for a moment as americans certain people have chosen to create more division.

the amazing thing to me is the thousands of contacts police have with coivilians every day--the cherrypicking that goes on of events that if the individual had just complied with the cops their wouldn't have been an incident. the kneeling and the message just throws shot into the faces pof the thousands and thousands and thousands of law enforcement that for millions of people are the front line for keeping America safe. the message was received loud and clear--1-2 times a year their is going to be an incident that fires up the libs or BLM or the sharptons of the world but bottom line those cops bend over backwards to not make the front pages as a officer who made a mistake leading to the death or injury of someone innocent. but for gods sake do what the officer asks and things will not escalate. they are not the enemy contrary to those who kneel and support kneeling choose to make ypou believe

and yes kevin Durant is the mvp and that 35 footer he made was the dagger

bye bye LeBron see you in a different uniform next year
    Nobody on the Eagles kneeled. But your boy Trump did call the players son of a bitches.

Comment

• In that case, my short game is still shit. I have a bad case of the yips.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        It's a very important story to froot.
        I wouldn't say that, I'd say it's humorous, we'll forget about it today, there will be another Pruitt story. Skirt steak for 11 bucks is a pretty good deal you have to admit. I appreciate the grift.

Comment

• Relatively recent and wholly contrived strike me as the least persuasive arguments for the Kaepernistas. The question is what it means now. Gay marriage is incredibly recent and a wholly contrived constitutional right. But it's legitimacy is judged on neither, but on current public views. The national anthem clearly means something to a lot of people, whether played at a sporting event or elsewhere.

To the extent it even matters, we're hardly alone in the practice. If you watch any of the world cup you'll see that the anthems of both countries are played before the match with both teams standing and most singing. Or rugby. To wit, England- Scotland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2l...k&pbjreload=10

And the Scots, of all people, should kneel and moon the cross of St. Andrew as their bagpipe-infested dirge screeches inexorably and interminably on to its merciful end.
          Last edited by iam416; June 7, 2018, 09:30 AM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I stand for the anthem. I always have. Even though it's silly that we play it before a ballgame and not before a play, a golf tournament, a movie, and a hundred other places that make just as much sense.

And I always get a kick of the folks in the beer line at a baseball game with their hands over their hearts when the anthem starts. Their social display of patriotism mandates that, but not actually getting out of the line to face the flag. Social displays of forced patriotism have limits, apparently.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The outrage is a recent contrivance. Lou Whitaker sat out the anthem for most of his career because he was a Jehova's Witness and they don't do it because they are against any signs of that sort of pattriotism/nationalism. They don't have much use for it. There was never any outrage, there would be now.

Comment

• AA:

To underscore the broader point, the Kaepernistas ought to focus entirely on free expression and the value of protest and not minimalize the importance of the national anthem. The former carries weight; the latter, IMO, does not. It's quite clearly a big deal to a lot of people. In fact, that's probably why Kaepernick did it in the first place.

Comment

• The thing that the Kaep people don't realize is, that while the stand/kneel brouhaha is silly (imo), it has done them and their (misguided) movement more harm that good. It is bad optics for them and Trump has exploited that well.

Comment

• AA:

So, the one argument that I am sympathetic to that supports the notion that folks don't much care about the national anthem is that the real backlash to the Kaepernistas is his underlying message -- the reason for his kneeling, not the actual protect. It's not hard to imagine an NFL player taking a knee to protest the ridiculous non-enforcement of our immigration laws and entirely flipping the sides (at a minimum, the #GentryProgs would label him a racist). Much as your beloved HOA protester experienced with his upside-down flag.

In any event, I agree that the Kaepernistas are good for business for the Rs.

Comment

• Talent,

Also, your Scot sass a few posts upthread was pretty good. Your sass game has been slipping of late. Glad to see an attempt.

Comment

• Sassing the primordial ooze of poor man's ireland is child's play.

Comment

• Leave Ohio out of this.

Comment

• So, are these the questions:

(1) Should NFL players be required to stand for the national Anthem when in uniform, on the field and before an NFL game?

The short answer is yes but because employers have a legal (although limited) right to establish and enforce rules and regulations for employees. I can't see that what the NFL is requiring is an abridgment of any otherwise constitutional right of an employee, in this case a NFL player.

(2) Does not standing for the National Anthem in any setting, including during an NFL football game, identify such persons failing to do so as unpatriotic.

By public opinion? Sure. By any other legally enforceable standard? Fuck no...... and that is a damn good thing that I am not sure Kaiser and PDJT fully comprehends. Thus, I respect Kaptures and Crash's opinions. I don't share it with them.

(3) Are demonstrations of patriotism (i.e., standing for the NA) and the goals of, for example, BLM conflated in the current NFL drama?

Yes, and there is confused interpretation of the NFL drama because of this conflation, certainly exacerbated by what Trump says about it. The worst interpretation, IMO, being that the goals of BLM are unpatriotic. I'd add that the words coming out of the WH tend to resonate with elements of the citizenry and support the wholly unwarranted view among them that institutional racism is of no consequence in America.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• AA:

You, sir, are the type of "man" that prefers Ed Sheeran's Galway Girl cover to Steve Earle's original. God could have conceived of no greater immorality.

Comment

• I think the NFL has a problem in requiring it because would need to be collectively bargained as I understand it. If you are going to punish a player monetarily or by suspension that needs to be clearly spelled out in the CBA. I'm sure some concessions could could buy the all standing policy.

But just to reiterate, Kaepernick and maybe Reid have been blacklisted. You never have to worry about Kaepernick again. The kneeling was petering out until Trump called the NFL players son of a bitches.
                                Last edited by froot loops; June 7, 2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X