No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. Nice sass string. And a hat tip to crash with a rare coherent rejoinder.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's not like your boy Drake I understand.

Comment

• guess horowicz didn't get the memo that most americans would be proud of the way the fbi operates from ryan and gowdy

and coming from CNN this is the watered down version

Comment

• Durant was awesome tonight, first time in the playoffs where he was on the level that Lebron has been on all playoffs. Where ever Lebron ends up he'll have a hard time getting a player that fit his game as much as Kyrie Irving did. With Irving they have a great chance to win this series, GSW is not running on all cylinders.

That long 3 pointer by KG to go up 6 was a killer. You stop 2 of GS top 3 (or they are just off) but one of them will be on fire. I still say Lebron for being the GOAT seems tentative taking the last shot in the finals, dishing off it seems. Do you really want JR taking the shot in crunch time?

Comment

• The NBA is unwatchable. I would rather dial up a replay of Dubose's 1998 LaTech loss.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When the matchup is right, an NBA playoff series is still IMO the most compelling sports viewing. But that's more and more rare these days. The alternating-blowouts phenomenon is really alarming. Once you get whole teams taking off entire games, I don't know how you go back to what it once was.

Comment

• Most compelling? The good senator from America's hat with another bad take. Sad, really.

Comment

• The NBA is in a transitional phase. Golden State-Cleveland was compelling for 3 years. The Cavs might have even won 2 if Kyrie and Love weren't hurt for the first. But, at this point the GSW are just too good and the Cavs are at their end. Even if LBJ stays in Cleveland, Boston should pass them next season.

Going forward, though, you can definitely see Boston and Philadelphia emerging as really, really good teams that can challenge for a title. And in the West, the Rockets were damn close to GSW this year.

But, it remains my least favorite of the Big 3 pro leagues. MLB is back on top. It was always sort of my favorite, but I lost it for awhile and now, with my son really getting into the game, it's back. Thankfully.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Lebron has taken enough last shots, I think what you are seeing is the guy is spent. His legs were gone last night. It will be interesting to see where he goes or if he stays. He is so ball dominant, he needs to get to a point where he can go off the ball. Handling the ball that much is exhausting.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      The NBA is unwatchable. I would rather dial up a replay of Dubose's 1998 LaTech loss.
                      It was always better back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

It was always better back in the day.

Perhaps. I was never a big fan of the NBA.

MLB > NFL > NHL > MLS > Rugby > NBA

Comment

• In a proper seven-game series, by Game 5 both teams have learned to take away the other team's bread and butter, and then it's time for adjustments, endurance and grit. At least that's they way it has been. Don't know that it can go back. Probably time to tweak the rules in favor of defense again. Reverse the pendulum swing.

Cavs/Warriors has been kind of interesting, but not really. Give the Cavs credit for figuring out just what to do just in the nick of time in Year 2 of that sort-of rivalry, but it would have been another non-competitive finals had Silver not stepped in to neuter Green. GSW crumpled. Interesting how fine the line really is.

Comment

• Im talking the finals and only the finals, every year Lebron seems to pass off (?) and this year there is no Kyrie Irving

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Well, froot, this is the rare the day where you learned something from this board.

Now, I'd definitely consider it an act of patriotism and love for humanity if someone clubbed Alabam"Alum" to death during the National Anthem, Rammer Jammer Bammer Jammer Rammer, God Save the Queen, Galway Girl, anything by the abhorrent Dave Mathews, any other compositional work claiming to be music or anything that isn't music. The man dips his wings in ketchup and slathers his extra well ribeyes with A1.
                              abhorrent!?!! blasphemy

Comment

• same level as 0bama and Reagan at 500 days in

Resistance sure is working.

Forty-four percent said Trump deserves credit for its strength, a four-point increase in that number over a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X