No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why you think my stuff plagiarizes Bourdain, but I take that as a huge compliment. He was a skilled writer, no doubt.

Thank you, Wiz. Sincerely.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      CF in the past was better than today... at least for me. I have a bias for option football, so I really enjoyed the 80's. I do think MLB is better than the past. Same with college basketball, women's college volleyball, soccer, NHL... I'm not sure about the NBA. I haven't watched much the last 2-3 years. I've never really been a huge NBA fan, but I liked the playoffs when stars when face other stars. When it comes to the NFL... I found more interest in the past. perhaps age and priorities, but I watch a lot less of it than when I was younger.
      That is funny. I was going to post how I think college football was worse because of the option. Back before there were 250 college games a week on TV, I hated turning on the TV on Saturday to see that "the" game was a match-up of two wishbone or veer teams with tear-away jerseys playing on astro turf.

For my money, the best event in all of sports is the NCAA basketball tournament.

Of course, YMMV

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A Nebraska fan, not liking CFB as much now and fondly rembering the option is very understandable, though.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• True. Ha!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 5YVIV3D.png

Comment

• Yawn

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                A Nebraska fan, not liking CFB as much now and fondly rembering the option is very understandable, though.
                There used to be three must see games a year in CFB. Oklahoma/Nebraska, Michigan/osu, and Auburn/Alabama. Now they're just another game.

I must be as old as dirt. Or at least half of Wiz's age.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

There used to be three must see games a year in CFB. Oklahoma/Nebraska, Michigan/osu, and Auburn/Alabama. Now they're just another game.

I must be as old as dirt. Or at least half of Wiz's age.

You?re not that old or Alabama-Tennessee would be there before the Auburn game.

Comment

• Longtime FoxNews mainstay Charles Krauthammer reveals he has only weeks to live

Charles Krauthammer, the beloved and brilliant Fox News Channel personality who gave up a pioneering career in psychiatry to become a Pulitzer Prize-winning political analyst, on Friday revealed the heartbreaking news that he is in the final stages of a losing battle with cancer.

Comment

• Nobody outside of Alabama and Tennessee ever gave a shit about that game. No national interest.

Comment

• Longtime FoxNews mainstay Charles Krauthammer reveals he has only weeks to live
                        That is sad news, I haven't watch FOX (or any other cable news) in about a year. Has he been off the air?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

That is sad news, I haven't watch FOX (or any other cable news) in about a year. Has he been off the air?
                          Yeah, he disappeared from Fox near the end of last summer. Every once in a while it'd be mentioned that he was recovering from significant surgery but no details about what was wrong. A couple of months ago Bret Baier had even said he could be coming back soon. But I guess his cancer has come back with a vengeance.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Nobody outside of Alabama and Tennessee ever gave a shit about that game. No national interest.
                            You are either (a) a millennial (b) have Alzheimer?s or (c) a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              A Nebraska fan, not liking CFB as much now and fondly rembering the option is very understandable, though.
                              true.. it's what I grew up with and loved.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I plan on executing all of you...one by one...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X