Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Trump is using King's made up statistic of 63,000 murders by illegals. He's one of the GOP members driving the debate for the GOP on immigration. Are you arguing he isn't?
    Last edited by Kapture1; June 25, 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• per article I just linked
      According to PJ Media, the Texas DPS report found that from October 2008 to April 2014, 177,588 "unique criminal alien defendants" were booked and committed 611,234 unique crimes, including 2,993 murders:

3000 murders in ONE state over only a 6 year period

not hard to believe its 63000 since 9/11 ---nation wide

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Correct, Entropy. Unfortunately the #GentryProgs aren't providing a viable alternative. I'd gladly take 1990s Bill Clinton, but I can tell you that his welfare reform and tough crime stuff is "racist" these days.
        Bill, running under his 1990's policies, would be excluded from the Democratic machine. He'd also be excluded from the new GOP.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          per article I just linked
          According to PJ Media, the Texas DPS report found that from October 2008 to April 2014, 177,588 "unique criminal alien defendants" were booked and committed 611,234 unique crimes, including 2,993 murders:

3000 murders in ONE state over only a 6 year period

not hard to believe its 63000 since 9/11 ---nation wide
          Texas has A LOT of illegals.

It is absolutely a lot more than people want to admit.

Comment

• "Soulshine" by the Allman Bros is easily their most underrated song.

Also, I wish that you guys would find a way to discuss these issues with respect and leave the venomous sarcasm off. I guess what I am saying is COMITY!

In the end, no one will change their minds on any of this. Ever. Have fun, be nice. And when they are rude...still be nice.

Call your mom, she misses you. Teach your child calculus or chess or how to play a musical instrument...or in Wiz's case, how to change the oil on a 1984 Massey Ferguson 290.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• besides the human/crime cost we have this little tidbit

Current policy prevents use of Medicaid or Obamacare funding for illegal immigrants. Despite this, Americans cross-subsidize health care for illegal immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year . Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to undocumented immigrants.

there does seem to be a lot of venomous remarks directed from certain individuals due to politics AA you ignorant slut

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                "Soulshine" by the Allman Bros is easily their most underrated song.

Also, I wish that you guys would find a way to discuss these issues with respect and leave the venomous sarcasm off. I guess what I am saying is COMITY!

In the end, no one will change their minds on any of this. Ever. Have fun, be nice. And when they are rude...still be nice.

Call your mom, she misses you. Teach your child calculus or chess or how to play a musical instrument...or in Wiz's case, how to change the oil on a 1984 Massey Ferguson 290.
                STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Forget what I said about "Soulshine". The Allman Bros most underrated song is "Not My Cross to Bear".
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Or maybe it's "Please Call Home".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

While trump is mercurial and often acts only on his gut instincts, i.e., he exhibits racist behavior in these actions, he is also intensely calculating. I think it is this aspect of his character, appealing to his base and garnering R votes, that is fundamentally behind his immigration policy.
                      Jeff, are you saying it's useful to draw a distinction between a racist president and a president who acts like one? What exactly is to be gained from such prevaricating?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        "Soulshine" by the Allman Bros is easily their most underrated song.

http://gawker.com/on-smarm-1476594977.

Actually, it's Nobody Left to Run With Anymore. There were a few good late-period pre-post-Dickey songs. Who underrates Not My Cross to Bear anyways? One of the most common openers. Was on the Greatest Hits, I think. Part of the core playlist.

Comment

• I can't wait to legalize millions of illegal immigrants so they can work at low-skilled jobs and contribute to the economy when the situation is fairly good. When the eventual economic downturn arrives, I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, Steny Hoyer and the gang will feed and clothe the newly unemployed citizens from their own pockets so as not to create a burden on taxpayers.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

http://gawker.com/on-smarm-1476594977.

Actually, it's Nobody Left to Run With Anymore. There were a few good late-period pre-post-Dickey songs. Who underrates Not My Cross to Bear anyways? One of the most common openers. Was on the Greatest Hits, I think. Part of the core playlist.
                            Guess I should have qualified this as great songs that have become obscure. The only Allman's tunes most people know anymore and get play on the classic rock stations is Midnight Rider and Rambling Man. Maybe, Whipping Post, and Melissa. And even in its day, Cross to Bear wasn't a commercial success even though they opened some shows with it (along with its sister song, "don't want you no more").

It's funny you mention Nobody Left to Run With. It's not a fav of mine. Something about the tempo. Or something. To each their own.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 25, 2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• I prefer their underrated gem Hold On Loosely

Comment

• What is the joke? 38 Special

Comment

Working...
                                X