No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly. It will take years (if ever) to recover from the damage this fuck-stick is doing to our country.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Exactly. Throw in the FBI, CIA, and NSA being less trustworthy than Russia.
      The more a country appeals to Trump's personal vanity and ego, the more he considers them a 'friend of the United States'. In his mind, his interests are inseparable from US interests. China was considered a deep enemy of the US during his campaign but then Xi rolled out the red carpet for him and now Trump's fighting Congress and his own party to help out a Chinese state-owned telecom company. The fact that the Chinese govt is a major investor in the Trump Org's Indonesia project is surely playing a role in the back of his mind as well.

Trump is unpopular among the general populations of most countries around the world. Democratic leaders have to be responsive to general public sentiments in order to survive. So Merkel, Trudeau, May, etc. can't be TOO chummy with him else risk becoming unpopular with their constituents. This is part of why Trump gravitates to dictators and undemocratic leaders like Putin, Xi, and the Gulf states. None of them need to bother being concerned with public sentiment and can "make things happen" with a barked order. That's the sort of power Trump wishes he had and is impressed by.

Comment

• It reminds me of the South Park episode where the Japanese kept appealing to the fragile egos of the citizens of South Park by talking about the "big American penises" and how "Japanese penises are so small" - to the complete acquiescence of town folk.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

1) Who gives a fuck?

2) Kapture sides with Trump in believing Putin is more honest and more trustworthy than Mike Pompeio, John Bolton, and everyone in the Trump administration. If Putin says he didn't do it, his word is as a good as gold.
          simply pointing out the fact that nobody except Crowd Strike has ever examined the server.

Not saying that Russia is more trustworthy than Pompeio, Bolton, or others, I am saying that when Assange said his source isn't a state party, I believe him far more than I believe Crown Strike who was hired by the DNC. Who's word EVERYONE you listed is basing their conclusions off of without doing their own forensic examination, I'm specifically looking at you FBI.

Comment

It reminds me of the South Park episode where the Japanese kept appealing to the fragile egos of the citizens of South Park by talking about the "big American penises" and how "Japanese penises are so small" - to the complete acquiescence of town folk.
            Yep.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              ....in the slobbering sycophantic world of Trump....
              The slobbering sycophants of Trump are clearly a hazard to the general welfare of the American population. Perhaps they should be treated like mosquitoes and other similar public health risks. We should commence aerial spraying immediately.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• XpxuEmBi7a5S4xcjFW84XOMYZgAx7Az27p2hGhxQqYM.jpg?w=488&s=24987e5c151c67c02c2f754978e94d9f.jpg

Comment

• Yeah maybe, it seems like a thin branch to be out on. To me it seems like the end game, Toobin may be hyperbolic but I'm not sure he's wrong. I believe Gorsuch passed Trump's litmus test on whether he would overturn Roe and the next guy he brings in will pass the same test. That leaves Roberts, while he didn't rule against the ACA, Obama was still President, it was a different time. I'm not sure Roberts has the will or stomach to upset the Trump mob.

To put it another way, Da Geezer didn't make a gross acceptance speech a few posts up because he thought Roe wasn't getting overturned.
                  Well, we're both on record, Froot. One of us will be right and the other wrong. That's that.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

The slobbering sycophants of Trump are clearly a hazard to the general welfare of the American population. Perhaps they should be treated like mosquitoes and other similar public health risks. We should commence aerial spraying immediately.
                    Most either are not smart enough to see what is really happening or they are like Krapture. They don't care because they love their ideology more than their country.

Comment

• Funny that, when the ideology is putting Country first. Is it possible you are fucking delusional? How would you even know if you were?

Comment

• So the gist of that is that conservatives are mafia and they all end up dead or in jail?
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Some areas where the next Supreme Court justice will really matter (off the top of my head):

*Administrative law
                          *Pushing back against the remarkably activist extension of Title VII's "sex" to encompass, more or less, anything LGBT.
                          *Race-based preferences in anything
                          *Abortion access (there's no way Roe goes, IMO, but the R State Legislatures have been increasingly making it very difficult to gain access through, IMO, bullshit requirements)

IMO, the administrative law shift will be the most important. I generally for that. I'll be against the the abortion access shifts -- I'm pretty firmly in a 20-week camp -- pre-20 - can't fuck with it; post-20 can fuck with it all you want. I'm not wed to 20, but around there.

I'm also sure the First Amendment will continue to gain traction as a shield against State imposed viewpoints.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

So the gist of that is that conservatives are mafia and they all end up dead or in jail?
                            everybody ends up dead. kinda hard to escape that fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Of course, the don't care that the Orange Monkey's antics are right out of the Fascist Handbook and if unchecked will destroy the very country that they claim to love.

MAGA, Baby!

Fucking dumbasses that love their ideology more than their country and too stupid to realize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

everybody ends up dead. kinda hard to escape that fact.
                                While true, some hasten their death. Certainly most of the characters in that movie did by their action.

Comment

Working...
                                X