No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenstein slapping away Jim Jordan is today's beautiful thing. Got the room basically laughing at Jordan. This dude can definitely hold his own.

And it's a strong point for credibility at the end too. Rosenstein's testifying under oath; Jordan's staffers hide behind anonymity and won't testify. Why should they be believed more than Rosenstein?

Comment

• Uh you weren't compelled by Jordan shrieking: "I know these staffers!"

Comment

• DSL's boy Trey Gowdy

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I'm always, and I mean ALWAYS persuaded by the argument that the people I support will destroy the country. That's WINNING rhetoric.

I agree for the Democratic party, it's not a great electoneering strategy. It won't work for them, it's been a wonderful strategy for the Republicans though. I mean birthers and other deplorables got over for saying Barack Obama was going to change America. Even a milquetoast pol like Rubio had that canned line.

But CVGT isn't a campaign manager or a political operative. He's retired sailor deep in the heart of MAGA country. That is some predicament, trying to stay sane without drawing the ire of the Trump mob has got to be tough. Stay strong CVGT. We're praying for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

That is some predicament, trying to stay sane without drawing the ire of the Trump mob has got to be tough.
            Not tough, impossible it seems lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              I agree that policy comes and goes, but when you destroy the institutions and the norms you destroy the policy-making process. There's no reason to expect good policy from a bad policy process. This remains, to me, the most handy guide for right now: https://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n23/david-...democracy-ends.

Today's example is assuming that reproductive rights are safe. We know there will be multiple attempts to remove those rights. Maybe it's going to take that loss before people realize they are in a hole and should stop digging.
              I think the people that see that loss already get it. The problem is that about 1/3 of the country, if not more, would see that as a win. I really don't know what it's going to take. The more obvious it is, it seems the more the Trumpsters dig in. There is no buyer's remorse in Lower Alabama. FOX News has them all convinced that "they" are winning!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• To follow on to my last post, I think what it is going to take is for Trumps economic policies to hurt enough people that they hurt financially. Of course the full scale propaganda effort will place the blame on the Dems or immigrants of Canada or... Well, you get the idea
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I agree for the Democratic party, it's not a great electoneering strategy. It won't work for them, it's been a wonderful strategy for the Republicans though. I mean birthers and other deplorables got over for saying Barack Obama was going to change America. Even a milquetoast pol like Rubio had that canned line.

But CVGT isn't a campaign manager or a political operative. He's retired sailor deep in the heart of MAGA country. That is some predicament, trying to stay sane without drawing the ire of the Trump mob has got to be tough. Stay strong CVGT. We're praying for you.
                  I can't speak for CGVT, but I am an anti-Trump, pro-abortion atheist, who supports LGBT rights in the same state. I speak my mind. I have never encountered a mob here or drawn a mob's ire. Maybe I will one day. idk.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A third former aide to Roger Stone has been subpoenaed by Mueller's team to testify in front of a grand jury. They have yet to even request an interview with Stone himself, as far as I know.

It's highly probable therefore that Mueller is pursuing some sort of indictment against Stone.

Comment

• I can't speak for CGVT, but I am an anti-Trump, pro-abortion atheist, who supports LGBT rights in the same state. I speak my mind. I have never encountered a mob here or drawn a mob's ire. Maybe I will one day. idk.
                      That's regrettable. You and/or The Wizard getting stoned by partisans with Wohlers-caliber arms is one of the few things that give me hope for America.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I am also pro 2nd A, for not throwing dollars at a new social program every 15 minutes, pro-business, anti-union, pro military, and want to curb the flow of undocumenteds entering illegally as well as for allowing Milo Yannaloppolllous and Ben Shapiro to speak on campuses.

I should have left AND right wing mobs attacking me.

Better start carrying an extra clip.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I can't speak for CGVT, but I am an anti-Trump, pro-abortion atheist, who supports LGBT rights in the same state. I speak my mind. I have never encountered a mob here or drawn a mob's ire. Maybe I will one day. idk.
                          I was worried that my views would ostracize my children, the brainwashing starts early here, but my son is pretty tough and smart. He can handle himself, so I don't worry about it any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's regrettable. You and/or The Wizard getting stoned by partisans with Wohlers-caliber arms is one of the few things that give me hope for America.
                            lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I am also pro 2nd A, for not throwing dollars at a new social program every 15 minutes, pro-business, anti-union, pro military, and want to curb the flow of undocumenteds entering illegally as well as for allowing Milo Yannaloppolllous and Ben Shapiro to speak on campuses.

I should have left AND right wing mobs attacking me.

Better start carrying an extra clip.
                              Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                To follow on to my last post, I think what it is going to take is for Trumps economic policies to hurt enough people that they hurt financially. Of course the full scale propaganda effort will place the blame on the Dems or immigrants of Canada or... Well, you get the idea
                                Trump people, the core, have too much personal ID wrapped into their politics to ever be persuaded. Hell, I reporter was interviewing factory workers for Harley-Davidson (that plant is closing thanks to the tariffs---at least in part) and they said they would still vote for Trump. They honestly believe that he is looking out for them and buy into that he is a great businessman. smh.

The Dems should stop trying to court that core base of his.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X