Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Words are critical hear and you are one to frequently argue a point on this basis. The Special Counsel (Mueller) was appointed to investigate the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. The body of the appointment letter is included at the link below. There is nothing in it that appoints Mueller to investigate "collusion" between the Russian Government and Trump. The terms that Rosenstein does use in his appointment letter regarding the investigation are to investigate "any links/and or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald J. Trump."

The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, appointed former F.B.I. Director Robert S. Mueller III as the special counsel to oversee the investigation into Russian tampering in the 2016 presidential election.

So far,and from what we know from indictments issued by the Special Counsel, Mueller has done exactly that and nothing more. Trump's egocentric preoccupation with the notion that Mueller wants to find evidence of collusion and that collusion resulted in Trump beating HRC in the 2016 presidential is counter productive. So is the harmful deflection Trump routinely undertakes involving question about HRC, BO and the DNC HQ hacking. That behavior has given rise to the awful soap opera, in all its facets and skull duggery, in DC surrounding these events. His actions and that of his supporters has taken the attention away from probably the most important investigation involving the national security of this nation in my lifetime. I'm sick of it.

The conspiracy theory? I'll give you 10% just because I know about sleazy Washington DC politics. My view is that for the most part, Trump and his supporters have conjured up this specter of bad guys, inside and outside the Federal government, working to discredit his election win and oust him from office through impeachment ...... a term that is so loosely thrown about in that town that it rises to the level of absurdity. If there is any attempt to discredit Donald Trump, he does a lot of that himself with his behavior at home and abroad, nationally and internationally on multiple levels. The rest is done by purveyors of the truth, the facts, that DJT pays little attention to although he should start right now.
    I agree words are important HERE

"any links/and or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald J. Trump." which is to say investigate any collusion. to search for collusion where none exists. Two issues here that the left and media conflates, which is that Russians hacked the DNC and John Podesta, and that Trump colluded with Russia to do it. Take a look at CNN, WAPO, the NYTimes from the date of his election, onward. It's filled with fact free reporting of Trump Russia ties, anonymous sources claiming this and that about Trump's Russian ties. I mean have you not paid any attention to what the Democrats have been saying since the election, both in office and in the media? They have drown out normal reporting and conversation crying Russian agent. I'm fucking exhausted from it. no evidence exists, and will never exist that Trump colluded with the Russians. The media will still tell you it does, and all we are doing is waiting on Mueller Time to impeach 45. They rarely distinguish between Russian involvement and Trump's nonexistent collusion. Hell, the last argument that I heard before this past weekend on Trump's SCOTUS pick is that Trump shouldn't get a nomination until after Mueller announces his findings, and you want to say that nobody is making that case beside Trump and his supporters?

If you want to argue that the Mueller investigation hasn't cast a shadow on his presidency and the legitimacy of his election, I can not fathom how you could successfully make that argument.

Comment

• Trump and his associates are under investigation. Why should someone who may have 'broken into' the White House make decisions that last generations?

Comment

• Sen. Cory Booker

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Hack,
          you seem to have some knowledge about Economics. We use metrics like GDP, unemployment rate, the Dow Jones, etc to gauge the state of the economy. Are these the accurate measures to determine the state of the economy on Main Street? Or should we use other metrics like real wages, purchasing power, etc?
          did you know the only reason the unemployment rate is so low is that everyone has two jobs?

per Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Economics Major

Comment

• We should bend over backwards to examine every issue that affects the special counsel’s independence.

Comment

• You'll never guess who is using an opinion from Brett Kavanaugh, Russian asset Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, to fight the Mueller investigation. Well, I kind of gave that away, didn't I. It's Russia! Back in 2012, Kavanaugh sat in on Bluman...

Comment

• A profound, debilitating constitutional crisis awaits if we find out that the Senate confirmed an illegitimate president’s nominees.

Comment

• Donald Trump’s pick for the U.S. Supreme Court could cast a deciding vote on constitutional challenges arising from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, and Democrats say that creates a potential conflict of interest that should be resolved.

Comment

• It's difficult to defend the idea that Donald Trump should be responsible for choosing a Supreme Court justice who may soon decide his legal fate.

Comment

• Critics of President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, connected Kavanaugh’s selection to the ongoing Russia investigation, citing an article Kavanaugh wrote that claimed presidents should not be tied up in lawsuits and probes and warning that the commander in chief might be looking for a way to protect himself in a legal challenge.

Comment

• Conservative Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh embarked on a round of courtesy calls Tuesday with key Republican senators who control his Supreme Court nomination, while frustrated Democrats argued for a postponement of the confirmation hearing until special counsel Robert Mueller completes the Russia investigation that they hope could damage President Trump.

Comment

• Comment

• The new MSN, Your customizable collection of the best in news, sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health, and lifestyle, combined with Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and more.

Comment

• Kavanaugh could find himself weighing in on thorny legal issues related to Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, including whether a sitting president can be indicted.

Comment

• No one can know how a more conservative high court might respond to litigation over a possible Mueller subpoena of the president, but the new justice could be the one to cast the deciding vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X