Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Within an hour of posting the photo I said it was likely wrong and corrected myself. The photo was wrong; the facts that she was an undeclared agent of Russia attempting to influence US policy seems pretty strong. They have emails of her and the 56 year old dude she was fucking where he literally did her homework so she could keep her student visa and remain in the country. They have emails of her taking instruction from her boss in Russia, a longtime ally of Putin.

It's all fake tho. There are no Russians attempting to meddle. I forgot. All fake news.
    He's not worth your time. He and all of the other "True Believers" are lost causes. Their belief in all things Trump and MAGA! have rotted their brains.

Sad!

Life will be much better. Believe me! I don't know if this works, but that's what people are saying. Many people. Good people on both sides!

Screenshot 2018-07-18 at 3.39.28 PM.png
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Didn't mention the bizarre fear that Tucker Carlson and Trump expressed that Montenegro will 'drag' us into a war with Russia. Trump declared them 'very aggressive people'.

Some quick background:

In late 2016, Russian Intelligence agents attempted to assassinate the PM of Montenegro and stage a coup. It was foiled. In early 2017, Montenegro was admitted to NATO under the recommendation of none other than Mike Flynn! It was one of the few things Flynn did while in office. The Senate voted 97-2 to admit them. Trump himself signed the order welcoming Montenegro to NATO.

They literally have an standing army of less than 2,000 people.

Gee, I wonder who Trump met with recently that may have whispered to him that they were quite a warlike people, capable of provoking Russian into having no choice but to attack?
      I saw the segment, Trump was clearly referring to the aggressive people as a compliment, as in they would try to fight Russia aggression or Russian invasion, not that Montenegro are aggressive and would start shit with Russia for no reason.

so your background literally means shit lol

fucking derp

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

He's not worth your time. He and all of the other "True Believers" are lost causes. Their belief in all things Trump and MAGA! have rotted their brains.

Sad!

Life will be much better. Believe me! I don't know if this works, but that's what people are saying. Many people. Good people on both sides!

Screenshot 2018-07-18 at 3.39.28 PM.png
        talk about a fucking snowflake haha

no more dick pics, SAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I saw the segment, Trump was clearly referring to the aggressive people as a compliment, as in they would try to fight Russia aggression or Russian invasion, not that Montenegro are aggressive and would start shit with Russia for no reason.

so your background literally means shit lol

fucking derp
          You're absolutely wrong. Here's an exact transcript of that part of the interview:

Tucker: Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend them if they're attacked?

Trump: [Shaking his head to indicate he agrees] I understand what you're saying and I've asked the same question. You know, uh, Montenegro, is a tiny country with very strong people

Tucker: Yeah I'm not agaisnt Montenegro!

Trump: Right

Tucker: Or Albania!

Trump: By the way, they're very strong people. They're very aggressive people. They may get aggressive and -congratulations - you're in World War 3. No, uh, I understand that but that's the way it was set up.Don't forget, I just got here a little more than a year and a half ago

(After this Trump returns the subject to how much he got NATO members to pay)

Trump was absolutely, 100% implying that Montenegro could drag us into a war we don't want. Because they are "very aggressive". Russia literally attempted to kill their PM and stage a coup, and it's Montenegro he considers "very aggressive". People can watch the clip for themselves below (it's in the second half).

Comment

• "Membership in NATO obligates the members to defend another member that's attacked. So lets say Montenegro, which joined last year, is attacked, why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?"

"I understand what you are saying, I've asked the same question. Montenegro is a tiny country, with very strong people, btw they're very strong people. they're have very aggressive people. They may get aggressive and congratulations you're in WWIII"

literally the question that was asked, the premise was membership in NATO defending a member from attack. So Say MOntenegro is attacked. Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack...

do you know what the word attack and defends means DSL?

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• As part of NATO an attack on Montenegro would invoke Article 5. That means Russia hands off, it's why admission to NATO was controversial. It was admitted under the Trump administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    "Membership in NATO obligates the members to defend another member that's attacked. So lets say Montenegro, which joined last year, is attacked, why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?"

"I understand what you are saying, I've asked the same question. Montenegro is a tiny country, with very strong people, btw they're very strong people. they're have very aggressive people. They may get aggressive and congratulations you're in WWIII"

literally the question that was asked, the premise was membership in NATO defending a member from attack. So Say MOntenegro is attacked. Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack...

do you know what the word attack and defends means DSL?
                    This is ridiculous. He did not label them as very aggressive as a "compliment". He called them such because says they could provoke Russia and then "congratulations it's WWIII" (his words).

If Turkey invades Israel we are not obligated, as a fellow NATO member, to assist them. If Montenegro invades Kosovo, we are not obligated to go and defend them from Kosovar counter-attack. That is not the point either Trump or Tucker was making and a huge massive stretch to claim that.

Done with this topic. Waste of time.

Comment

• Here is an article for the goto guy on complaining about NATO expansion

In the absence of a real debate about any of this, the zombie policy of NATO expansion keeps stumbling onward.

Comment

• Democrats trying to drag US Russian interpreter in front of congress. So much for "it comes with the job, happens to all presidents" talking point.

Comment

• DiY1PWGUwAQxLKZ.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• I think it's an excellent point, SLF. At some point, you'd think our econ media might notice the huge gulf between what they know their sources are looking at and what they share with us in their coverage. Beyond all the silly fake news stuff, there's a pretty solid critique of media based on their insistence on talking down to readers, rather than pushing them to follow along.

Comment

• Canada has changed the Ministry of Intl Trade to the Ministry of Intl Trade Diversification. Hopefully that's more than a cosmetic change, but it's good to know that Canada is not going to be a part of the new Axis of Freevil. Making that clear right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                I think it's an excellent point, SLF. At some point, you'd think our econ media might notice the huge gulf between what they know their sources are looking at and what they share with us in their coverage. Beyond all the silly fake news stuff, there's a pretty solid critique of media based on their insistence on talking down to readers, rather than pushing them to follow along.
                                Hack: I think you would like the following article, which, to your point, is more nuanced.

http://qoshe.com/wall-street-journal...nment-/2989453 (I'm trying to avoid the paywall, it was a WSJ article)

Furman was an economic advisor to Obama. Basically, he is saying that the measurement of GDP is not a process akin to measuring unemployment. His question is how can we square a 2% adjusted growth rate for GDP in the first quarter with what we all see: a booming economy with 650,000 persons joining the workforce just last month, and people quitting their jobs at a record rate. He explains about GDI (Gross Domestic Income) and how it expanded at 3.6% in Q1. So he averages the two and comes up with a more accurate growth rate of 2.8% for the first quarter.

I heard an interview with the Head of the Council of Economic Advisors (Larry Kudlow) today, and he dealt with the question of how we could have had a 9-year recovery from the recession and still the market is optimistic about more advances. He brought up the concept of a "growth recession", an idea out of the 1970's. During that period, real growth was about 2% and it was considered a recession because the secular growth rate has been about 4% for the US economy since about 1900. Perhaps the Obama years were a "growth recession", and with pro-growth policies (cutting regulation and tax cuts) maybe we are just at the onset of a real boom period like the period 1983-2000. Some of you young bucks here have never really lived during "good times".
                                Last edited by Da Geezer; July 18, 2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X