No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back, Stan. You've noticed some changes already I see. Thanks in advance if there's anything you can do.

Comment

• apparently you need things explained to you. a lot of things.

Comment

• The anti trumpers over reacted to Trump and NK.... (followed they everything somebody I didn't vote for does is wrong approach...) They are under reacting to Russia.

But when you cry wolf at everything, you end up being ignored and in a way silenced. That is why the Republican criticism is more powerful right now and needed. JMO
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There should be more outrage at NK, the G7 summit, NATO and now Russia.

The guy is a bumbling fool and a threat to the Nation.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And all of this is after the hundreds of thousands that died from the reversal of net neutrality, 56.2 million that perished withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord, and the 152 million that died when they got more money in their paychecks.

my they rest in peace.

Comment

• MKBNW04iZ4RNT2wNlCqwHjesr22Ns2C8BmQU113JwYw.jpg?w=749&s=8932670cbb374fa0d36f021ab16e5187.jpg

Comment

• the hysteria this crowd insists on shoveling out on a daily basis is certainly eye opening

differences between trump and Hillary--our two choices for CINC

by all accounts the economy the GDP the unemployment rate and stockmarket our flourishing due to many of the policies--deregulation and tax cuts--that would never occurred under Hillary

immigration. California is dealing with tens of thousands of homeless including a rising older homeless population ----drawn to California by many of it social programs bankrupting services that citizans who really need it no longer have access to. California is quickly finding out as much as they want to be a sanctuary state economics of allowing people who cant afford to take care of themselves is bankrupting them--this is occurring in every one of the border states. trump has made this his prime issue and measures are being made to close/stop the flood of illegal immigrants that Hillary would have done nothing about

defense--increasing the military and decreasing the amount of bull shit the military has to figure out when it comes to one of the 27 categories of lbgt people trying to get in the military would have continued without stop from Hillary--common sense had to take over. do you want a military that spends its money on the mission of this country or how to assimilate newly transitioned males into females and vice versa for the VA to have to deal with which is the road Hillary would have been on.

crime--civil unrest has been fueled by the hysteria certain groups create with their VILLIANIZATION of our police. 99.9% of all these oincidents are justified--and to see the unrest instantly created by justifiable shootings is a product of what a lot of people were hearing and not hearing last administration. I will say this--London and paris were 2 of the most safe/culturally tolerant/racially undivided environements I've seen in my life. I have to think the lack of a second amendment in those countries has softened and integrated so many aspects of their culture. On the other hand certainly open borders have diluted a lot of unique national charactaristics about European countries and force them to confront a lot of the issues we have--what to do with all these people who are a net liability to society. Britain is slashing medical services for example--no more government pain back injections along with some joint replacements because the economic burden is just too much

and just so you know again where trump is coming from I'm sure Ms page will be able to provide a lot more reasons why it should have been trump over the past administration. Hillary would have continued the farce that McCabe/comey/lynch/strzok/etc promoted to try to stop anybody but Hillary being elected.

Last edited by crashcourse; July 19, 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  the hysteria this crowd insists on shoveling out on a daily basis is certainly eye opening......by all accounts the economy the GDP the unemployment rate and stockmarket our flourishing due to many of the policies--deregulation and tax cuts--that would never occurred under Hillary......
                  I can't speak for everyone but I don't see any hysteria from our "gentryprogs" who post here. Pretty reasonable stuff. As well, I certainly don't dispute your accounting above. Things on the home front are decent, not spectacular, but decent to me anyway.

My problem is Trump's buffoonery at home and abroad. Especially abroad and especially with Putin, although we could include all of the NATO principals, Canada's PM, Teressa May, Macron and Merckel. His NK gamut remains unfulfilled, the substance of it, but he did look good shaking hands with Kim Jung-Un, I'll give him that.

I'm with talent here. I don't think Trump's fuck all of you trade schtick is going to produce anything other than predictable costs. His notion that arm twisting, his win or lose approach to trade negotiations, any negotiations for that matter, is going to mitigate some of the real unfairness present for the US in the international trade arena is a high risk/low to moderate benefit sort of approach. I could be wrong here and I'm prepared to wait and see but this could get painful for Americans before it gets better and frankly, I don't think it will.

But damn, I wish he STFU. I could get behind his administration (probably not him) if Trump did.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 19, 2018, 03:31 PM.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    The anti trumpers over reacted to Trump and NK.... (followed they everything somebody I didn't vote for does is wrong approach...) They are under reacting to Russia.

But when you cry wolf at everything, you end up being ignored and in a way silenced. That is why the Republican criticism is more powerful right now and needed. JMO
                    This is generally false.

Russia has always been center stage of concern -- the murmurs started during the campaign.

Unlike the other issues, something is happening in regards to Russia -- albeit slowly relative to our news metabolism.

Comment

• w_vZYj0O2DaDJfk-vNEJO7SEf8uEigmbCUd75vv1m6A.jpg?w=1024&s=357536fae6c4f1893bdfe7530c99c7d9.jpg

Comment

• The anti-Trumpers weren't the ones talking about a Nobel Peace Prize. Trump will stumble around and get rightly criticized because he's either dumb or he doesn't want to do the homework. Case in point, that silly Tucker Carlson interview where they bring up Montenegro, it is perfectly fine to bring up a point of careless NATO expansion, but when the admission happened under your watch. Own it, be able to talk about it.

That goes for almost everything, being President is hard work, put in the work or you will continually bumble and be criticized. Both the NK visit, the NATO meeting and Russia disaster presser are the results of him not wanting any advice and wanting to wing it because of this irrational confidence of his gut instinct.

When you continually attack the press as the enemy of the people, I'm not sure you are going to get the coverage you want. For all his supposed mastery of the media, he only has one trick, it is to garner mostly negative attention.

He was dealt a good hand and he is playing it badly, it's on him.

Comment

• Except nobody is crying wolf, entropy. He's who he said he would be and has done what he said he would do. Everyone that pointed out the inherent illegality and galling lack of morality before the fact is now correct for having done so. If anyone thinks there there's wolf crying going on here, that is due to the fake-news industry more than it is to any actual crying of wolf.

Comment

• Crying wolf is not a great analogy because in the boy who cried wolf cried when the wolf wasn't there. I think what is better would be to pick your spots to criticize, the tornado of BS makes it hard for any story to stick.

I don't think picking spots is actually possible.

Comment

• I actually don't support firing Robert Mueller, just wish he would hurry the fuck up so that we can get on with Making this country great again. But i want him to finish his investigation so that once and for all Trump's name is cleared in Russian collusion. That said, if the report that Mueller offered Tony Podesta immunity to testify against Paul Manafort is true, i would absolutely support firing his ass. Not because i think Manafort is innocent, but that Tony Podesta is guilty of the same thing, lobbying for Ukraine without registering as a foreign agent.

Comment

• Entropy's point was that if you scream negative things about everything that happens eventually folks simply dial you out. This is objectively true. If Trump had gotten in Putin's fact and said "Cut that shit out, Shorty..." then the MSM would be aghast that Trump was going to start a war (like they reacted when Trump told Little Rocket Man ours was bigger than his). Entropy's point is that when you call a badly handled answer at a press conference "treasonous", it is clear that the goal is impeachment.

Comment

Working...
                                X