No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia paid for their free college (Hope Schollie) with the lottery. I don't think that's possible Federally. But it is obviously something the states could do. At least some of them. The problem is that when many pols see billions of dollars of windfall coming in, they have other plans for the loot.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup simpleton...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I were a dummy playing tennis in England, I could be a Simpledon.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...and if you were an ignorant redneck hilljack...wait...you are...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            ...and if you were an ignorant redneck hilljack...wait...you are...
            Wiz

Comment

• This sounds a lot like Good Will Hunting...

plagiarizer
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                There is no such thing as a Nc3 reply for black to white's 1.e4. Perhaps you mean 1....nc6. If so, that's called the Nimzowich. A hypermodern. It's playable.
                I was playing whites next move you heathen

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

I was playing whites next move you heathen

You, of course, cannot play white's next move without noting the black response to 1.e4 first. It doesn't make sense to do otherwise. Especially since we were discussing black's best answers to 1.e4.

Further, 2.nc3 is generally considered too passive regardless of black's first respose. Assuming 1.e4, e5, 2. Nc3 you're into something called the Vienna Game. It's a novelty opening you might essay in a speed game. Often transposes into the Four Knights. It was very popular 150 years ago. It's playable, though.

Comment

• I did note blacks response whenr I referenced "#1" as in #1 response to c5 from black (sicilaian)I would play nc3 then solidifying my center and waiting for blacks choice of e5 or its own N move

don't know what it transposes into don't really care. thing about chess is the good ones pretty much know every nook and cranny of the first 20-25 moves and how to take advantage of the smallest of variances from the standar openings

One of the fun things about the louvre although it might have been a london museum was an exhibit on chess during medieval times--I think it might have been british national museum had that exhibit

Comment

• Vienna Game smack. Now I've seen it all.

good lord
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        I did note blacks response whenr I referenced "#1" as in #1 response to c5 from black (sicilaian)I would play nc3 then solidifying my center and waiting for blacks choice of e5 or its own N move

don't know what it transposes into don't really care. thing about chess is the good ones pretty much know every nook and cranny of the first 20-25 moves and how to take advantage of the smallest of variances from the standar openings

One of the fun things about the louvre although it might have been a london museum was an exhibit on chess during medieval times--I think it might have been british national museum had that exhibit
                        That you were issuing a white response to the Sicilian was not clear at all.

Anyway....

1 e4, c5
                        2. Nc3....

...is weak. It is called "the closed Sicillian" - black, statistically has a winning advatage with this opening. Much better is 2.Nf3. Controls the dark colored center squares in contention from 1...c5 and allows a piece to be moved that was preventing a king-side castle.

Comment

• AA...I knew Bobby Fischer...Bobby Fischer was a friend of mine. You sir....are no Bobby Fischer...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz,

I know a chessplayer from Lincoln. He plays the Nebraska Gambit. That's where you knock all the chess pieces to the floor and then fuck a goat. Often catches opponents (the goats) off guard.

Comment

• You are full of shit AA. It doesn't catch opponents off guard...it ALWAYS catches them off guard.

Dipshit
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Damn. Got me there. I think Wiz just checkmated me.

Comment

Working...
                                X