Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Don't quote that jackass.
    Just want his answer is all. If he is okay with spending more money for less people to have health care.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He's a "Fuck 'em. Feed 'em beans" guy. He is a faux patriot that doesn't give a shit about anything but himself.

Put him on ignore. He's not worth your time.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He has been commenting football and in the osu thread, I didn't think of it now you wouldn't know.

Comment

• If in the Columbus area today, avoid the north/northeast burbs and Delaware County. Trump's in town stumping for Balderson and he'll be at Olentangy Orange High School. I imagine the traffic around Polaris could be awful as his convoy goes through both ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Table 2 I believe is the what you will find interesting.

The change in administrative costs and health care spending would save 2.154 Trillion over the next decade as opposed to doing nothing. I suspect that it could be more a lot more than that because people with insurance are more likely to go to the doctor for preventive care which catches things before it is huge thing that requires an ER visit (or worse).

Whitley: I'd suggest you read the actual report before you cherry-pick one table in a 24-page report. The Abstract of the whole report says:

healthcare commitments would equal approximately 10.7 percent of GDP in 2022, rising to nearly 12.7 percent of GDP in 2031 and further thereafter. Doubling all currently projected federal individual and corporate income tax collections would be insufficient to finance the added federal costs of the plan. It is likely that the actual cost of M4A would be substantially greater than these estimates, which assume significant administrative and drug cost savings under the plan, and also assume that healthcare providers operating under M4A will be reimbursed at rates more than 40 percent lower than those currently paid by private health insurance.

The paper, taken as a whole, makes the point that assumptions on which your Table 2 is based are wholly unrealistic and fraudulent. There is no more truth in your "savings" claim than in your belief that the ACA would "let you keep your doctor" or "let you keep your plan". Where in history has the government reduced administrative costs when replacing a quasi-market approach? Doctors and hospitals are expected to take a 40% reduction in income. Doubling all tax rates and all tax collections would not be enough to finance the "...ADDED federal costs of the plan." C'mon, just read the entire link that you post.

And quit regurgitating your MEA Union nonsense.

Comment

• Thanks!

Mods, could we get a new thread for Columbus traffic updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

You prefer the current system which costs 34 Trillion over the next 10 years and doesn't cover everyone?
                what special ED math class did you attend? the US doesn't spend 32 trillion dollars of taxpayer money over a 10 year period on health care. period.

the latest Office of Management and Budget estimate I saw was for 2015 and the number was less than a trillion annual.

what's 1 times 10?
                Last edited by Kapture1; August 5, 2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• teenPkpJC3Ulo2u70C8uRR6k4KM71g8NJdXy0JLVkI0.jpg?w=570&s=48278f00d7480f7f0c7b9f58844a7dde.jpg

Comment

•  

Comment

• Here's an interesting article observing the seemingly unhinged behavior of Trump's loyal base. Whenever Trump face plants, is exposed lying, or announces some weird alternate reality, the Kool Aid drinkers come up with some odd conspiracy to explain it away. It's tribal mentality squared, where any abhorrent behavior is okay and easily explained away. I suppose that in itself is not all bad as it gives the Kaptures of the world an outlet for expressing rage or victimhood - better that than having them shoot up some middle school. That large numbers of people willing to embrace such an obvious ever evolving fantasy (or delusion) does not speak well for that segment of the population. Right or left is irrelevant - a segment of society is willing to believe what is ludicrous in order to defend the indefensible. Perhaps this phenomenon is some odd offshoot of mass hysteria. Lower income, less educated people that feel powerless have attached themselves to a blowhard that says and does things they only wish they could do, with impunity and mindless adoration. Kind of a "I wanna be like Mike" on steroids. Chanting the same delusional stories gives them a perceived strength in numbers - "I'm not a lone oppressed victim, I'm part of a oppressed political minority that knows The Greater Truth that <insert bogie man here> is trying to conceal/subvert/inflict." We are the smug lone knowers of truth, just ask us.

Then again, it could just be strong identification. "Here's a pompous douche bag that most people despise, just like me. But he has money and power that I want yet I will never achieve. So if I align my beliefs to his, maybe I can be like him (the money and power part - already got the loon part down pat)".

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...orters-n897271
                      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; August 5, 2018, 06:10 AM.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• In other news, Putin's cock holster does nothing while his puppet master usurps territory from a US ally.

Ignoring Washington's warnings, troops have been moving a disputed boundary deeper into Georgia, a former Soviet republic that's now a staunch U.S. ally.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• "Totally legal and done all the time"

Remember when he and his son initially lied about this meeting taking place?

Remember when he and his son lied about what the purpose of the meeting was? That it was all about Russian adoptions?

Despite this being a "totally legal and done all the time" meeting, he also wants he made clear that he totally knew nothing about it.
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 5, 2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                              a segment of society is willing to believe what is ludicrous in order to defend the indefensible
                              have you checked out the OSU thread lately?

Comment

• faux patriot linking faux patriot trump fluff pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X