No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• her parents lost a foreclosure case in 1996. presiding judge of that case was a one Martha Kavanaugh, Brett's mother

U6B7Y0M.jpg

Comment

• and you know that Barrett will be the one to avoid any last second bullshit from the democrats.

Comment

• that interview Ginsberg gave basically agreeing the nominee process was way to political was troubling

Ginsberg seemed to be nodding off and certainly not quite there

I don't know how she survives a couple more terms

Comment

• Trumps approval drops to 38% in Gallup poll. His worst number in over 6 months

Comment

• It's really impressive how detested he is given the economic numbers. He really is a political unicorn in every respect. Thank christ.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Rasmussen has him at 49%.

But that is about as high as he has ever been there and they are the outlier. That doesn't mean that their number is wrong though. They are showing lots of Nov election polls that are trending the same way as everyone else's. The media will obviously never do a Republican a favor but Trump has pretty much entirely himself to blame for the fact that his approval rating isn't 60%, which is where it could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                It's really impressive how detested he is given the economic numbers. He really is a political unicorn in every respect. Thank christ.
                He's not a unicorn. Anything but. The unicorn is the guy that you are waiting for who agrees with you on most of the issue and has Mitt Romney's demeanor and Ronald Reagan's eloquence. You're going to be waiting a long time for that guy. Hopefully, we'll still have a country by then.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 17, 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• I'm not waiting for that. I like some of PDJT. I dislike a fair amount. But, I'm continually amazed by him in a political sense. It may be that in our age he's what it takes to get elected and, in that sense, he's not a unicorn but rather has destroyed conventional wisdom. But I tend to think we'll swing back to a more temperate politician.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Trumps approval drops to 38% in Gallup poll. His worst number in over 6 months
                    November 5th Gallup poll had Trump at a 36% approval rating.

He won the election.

Comment

• We'll certainly never get less temperate than DJT. But I don't know where we're going to go from here. The country is fracturing and I don't see a healing process coming any time soon. And, like every other "multicultural" society we are splitting further and further along racial lines. It has never ended well anywhere else and I don't see it ending well here. The days of debating about small government vs. big government are pretty much over. From now on it's going to be nationalism vs. globalism and identity politics. Donald Trump's Civic Nationalism is probably going to give way to ethnic nationalism pretty much all around. Charlottesvilles will become more common. Violence, in general, will become more common as Right Wingers lose patience with Left Wing goons and start punching back more frequently.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 17, 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I'm not waiting for that. I like some of PDJT. I dislike a fair amount. But, I'm continually amazed by him in a political sense. It may be that in our age he's what it takes to get elected and, in that sense, he's not a unicorn but rather has destroyed conventional wisdom. But I tend to think we'll swing back to a more temperate politician.
                        Trump is a unicorn. It took a very very angry populace, the Democrats running the worst possible candidate (who was absolutely tone deaf to the general populace mood) along with the weakest Republican nominating field ever.

Even with that it took 85% of evangelicials coming out, voting for Trump in the 80 percentile AND 78k of voters across 3 states to give him the electoral college.

That is a ton of stuff going right not likely to happen again.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He's a unicorn in the sense you won't find another politician that can get away with the crap he kind of gets away with. I'm amazed that he's been thinking about being president for 30 years and has been very vocal about it and he gets into office and doesn't even have a novice view of how you handle the presidency. If he just did stupid Clinton triangulation on small issues and shut up on twitter he would be above 50

Comment

• Regardless of whether you think Kavanaugh is a great guy, a bad liar, a selective recaller, a bad negotiator when buying baseball tickets, or whatever else, let's not pretend that the Ds have just come up with this strategy of character assasination out of the blue. Politics is a bloodsport now, and it's hard to see that changing. At least, in this case, the accusations aren't entirely fabricated nonsense like birtherism or Vince Foster or any of that other nonsense the right has spent millions trying to "investigate".

Comment

• Oh, there's no doubt the Ds didn't just come with it out of the blue now. See Oxford English Dictionary, "bork" or "to bork"

Personally I prefer to Rather, but the OED has spoken.
                              Last edited by iam416; September 17, 2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                We'll certainly never get less temperate than DJT. But I don't know where we're going to go from here. The country is fracturing and I don't see a healing process coming any time soon. And, like every other "multicultural" society we are splitting further and further along racial lines. It has never ended well anywhere else and I don't see it ending well here. The days of debating about small government vs. big government are pretty much over. From now on it's going to be nationalism vs. globalism and identity politics. Donald Trump's Civic Nationalism is probably going to give way to ethnic nationalism pretty much all around. Charlottesvilles will become more common. Violence, in general, will become more common as Right Wingers lose patience with Left Wing goons and start punching back more frequently.
                                go read the absolute hate responses to EVERY ONE of Trump's tweets. these people have no desire to get over a loss, let alone get along with their fellow citizens.

there will never be enough supporters of ethnocentric nationalism thankfully. the only nationalism worth a damn is one based around our founding ideals, it'swhat has made this country great.

we have seen the right fed up with being assaulted because of the hat they're wearing or the rally they're attending that they have started to fight back. enough video evidence of ANTIFA getting their asses kicked into next week exist. i worry about what will happen when the dems, assuming they take the house, impeach the president over mean tweets. i seriously worry about violence taking place if Mueller gets Trump on some obscure process crime... if people feel their choice was taken from them becuse one half of the country lost their goddamn minds.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; September 17, 2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X