Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Nate Silver was saying yesterday that plowing ahead with a vote is not a fool proof strategy for the GOP. Like if you confirm him and you have some crazy story out in the middle of the week. Then you are stuck.
    the stories would have stopped cold.

this delay guarantees a story next week, free of corroborating evidence but reported uncritically by the media

Comment

• I'm fine with it. Seems like the Rs got yanked back into a fact based process knowing there was a good chance Trump would have his nominee bounced over that emotionally charged shit-show yesterday. Facts. Ya gotta love those.

Probably a political win-win regardless of the outcome of a one week FBI investigation. Can't imagine it will turn up anything worthy of, back then he should have been char....wait, I think it's pretty clear we already probably know what can be known about the good doctor's allegations.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I'm fine with it. Seems like the Rs got yanked back into a fact based process knowing there was a good chance Trump would have his nominee bounced over that emotionally charged shit-show yesterday. Facts. Ya gotta love those.

Probably a political win-win regardless of the outcome of a one week FBI investigation. Can't imagine it will turn up anything worthy of, back then he should have been char....wait, I think it's pretty clear we already probably know what can be known about the good doctor's allegations.
        The guy who in his previous post called the effort to inject facts a disgusting spectacle? You're suddenly on board. You're giving me whiplash here.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

No doubt. You can read it in gads of writings and comments about Kav, some even ludicrously claiming he perjured himself before the Judiciary Committee in his first appearance. The partisan blinders and unwillingness to reason and use facts is so trademark #GentryProg. They just aren't the at all curious.
          I have my faults like anyone else, but I've also had enough feedback on that one throughout my career, from people both angry with me and happy with me, that particular nerve is probably impossible to strike. Good luck trying, if you choose to continue, but I've got you on that one. Have the receipts, as we say these days. Calling a reporter uncurious is certainly a grave insult.

Comment

• Yeah I'm sure she is getting paid, please. Prove it.

GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than $500,000 to cover Blasey Ford's costs

A cool half a Mil - not a bad days work!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/gofu...ord-costs.html

Comment

• Her lawyer said in the hearing that he's pro bono. So what? The point of this was to find out if BK is fit for the job, and no matter who paid her way, nobody disputes her testimony. Her credibility isn't in question. Even BK admitted that she's obviously not part of a conspiracy. Her timeline blows that up anyways.

Comment

• Nobody care about the truth, just politics. Well I do, and her story is full of so many holes it would take a long Jeff type post from me and I don't have those kind of writing skills. Shes bat shit crazy, for sure - but why?

BK seems like a he has a drinking problem, and his buddy for sure is an addict BK is not as clean as we might have thought?

Comment

• Paul Ryan's SuperPAC cutting off assistence to Mike Coffman (CO) and Mike Bishop (MI), typically a sign they feels the races are unwinnable or the candidates are lousy campaigners. Coffman represents suburban Denver; Bishop a big chunk of south michigan between East Lansing and Detroit's northern burbs. Bishop's actually the bigger news of the two if the GOP thinks that seat's in big trouble.

Comment

• If her story is full of holes you'd think one of the 11 Rs on the dias yesterday would have spotted at least one, and picked at it. Rather than content themselves to bitching about process.

Anyways, apparently, this: President Donald Trump on Friday called Christine Blasey Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee "compelling" and "credible," adding that he was not sure if Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court would "continue onward." From here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...edible-witness.

So maybe BK will withdraw rather than expose himself to investigation? Or this is Trump signalling that he expects BK to withdraw? If so, it'll be interesting to see whether investigation continues to determine whether he should remain on the judiciary. Is by non-DC common-sense standards not an appropriate person to be a judge, or, at least, not anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      If her story is full of holes you'd think one of the 11 Rs on the dias yesterday would have spotted at least one, and picked at it. Rather than content themselves to bitching about process.

Anyways, apparently, this: President Donald Trump on Friday called Christine Blasey Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee "compelling" and "credible," adding that he was not sure if Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court would "continue onward." From here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...edible-witness.

So maybe BK will withdraw rather than expose himself to investigation? Or this is Trump signalling that he expects BK to withdraw? If so, it'll be interesting to see whether investigation continues to determine whether he should remain on the judiciary. Is by non-DC common-sense standards not an appropriate person to be a judge, or, at least, not anymore.
                      haha

If you think that a)there is anything on Kavanaugh and or b)he's gonna withdraw now, I want what you are smoking.
                      Last edited by Kapture1; September 28, 2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

The guy who in his previous post called the effort to inject facts a disgusting spectacle? You're suddenly on board. You're giving me whiplash here.
                        I think you may be misinterpreting my position in that post to which you refer. I have no problems with inserting facts into this spectacle. What I have a problem with is the spectacle as it was being carried out before Flake.

I hope that is clear ..... now, get a neck brace.....and also tolerate talent's rapier style. I think you are supportive of open posting here. I actually liked it.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If her story is full of holes you'd think one of the 11 Rs on the dias yesterday would have spotted at least one, and picked at it.

Comment

• Yes a GoFundMe page was created in her name when she sent the letter to her Congresswoman in June. Now she is on easy street. She's a liar and part of the vast Left Wing conspiracy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Paul Ryan's SuperPAC cutting off assistence to Mike Coffman (CO) and Mike Bishop (MI), typically a sign they feels the races are unwinnable or the candidates are lousy campaigners. Coffman represents suburban Denver; Bishop a big chunk of south michigan between East Lansing and Detroit's northern burbs. Bishop's actually the bigger news of the two if the GOP thinks that seat's in big trouble.
                              Everything around here makes it seem very close. Slotkin seems to have a more coherent message, she has had some good commercials. Bishop hasn't seem to match that, he is going for the soft on terror angle and using a John McCain clip.

Comment

• Kavanaugh will be voted in by next Monday (10/08/18) at latest.
                                There is nothing much else to this.

Onto the Midterms.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X