Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fiance was outside the consulate and he never came out, what is the explanation dummy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Special Report has become so much harder to watch now that Mollie Hemingway has replaced Charles K as the near-nightly guest

Talent, tell me I'm wrong
      What? I love Mollie

Comment

• DSL:

I don’t think I’ve watched any prime time FOX program in years. But, I did really like CK.

I occasionally catch some god-awful MSNBC or CNN shit because my wife watches it — Lizzy Vindicated!!!!! LMMFAO
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There are certain treadmills I avoid at the gym. CNN is the first TV if you look left to right, Fox is second to last, but if you get the treadmill with the beam in front of it, it obstructs Fox news.

Comment

• Oof

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              DSL:

I don’t think I’ve watched any prime time FOX program in years. But, I did really like CK.

I occasionally catch some god-awful MSNBC or CNN shit because my wife watches it — Lizzy Vindicated!!!!! LMMFAO
              Kudos to Talent's wife for trying to save his soul before he fully commits to The Dark Side

Comment

• Talent- On that topic, if you don't watch Special Report any more, Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes have been virtually eliminated as guests on that show. The guests now tend to be one "NPR type" like Mara Liasson, devoted to the cult of "to be objective both sides must be painted as equally right", and two pro-Trump "Journalists" that hail from publications like the Federalist, the Daily Caller, or the Washington Examiner (even the Washington Times is too non-sycophantic these days).

National Review and Weekly Standard guests are rarely welcome. Sad. Makes me believe Bret Baeier has zero control over who appears on the show. Charles was probably only being grandfathered in until he became too sick to keep appearing.

Comment

• That sounds about right, DSL. There’s a reason I try to avoid all TV news shitworks, and that’s certainly rate very high as one to avoid FOX.

As mentioned, I’m occasionally exposed to MSNBC, so instead of hearing about, e.g., illegal immigrants being horrific people, a few nights ago I heard about how horrifically evil the Senate is.

Anyway, I’d much rather read than watch.

Comment

That sounds about right, DSL. There’s a reason I try to avoid all TV news shitworks, and that’s certainly rate very high as one to avoid FOX.

As mentioned, I’m occasionally exposed to MSNBC, so instead of hearing about, e.g., illegal immigrants being horrific people, a few nights ago I heard about how horrifically evil the Senate is.

Anyway, I’d much rather read than watch.
                    Am confused. I've long maintained that any time spent watching TV news only makes you dumber. And yet here you are claiming extreme avoidance.

Comment

• 11 Presidential approval polls released today, showing Trump's approval anywhere from -8 to -16

All except for one. Rasmussen. They say Trump +3.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Comment

• Just a bunch of YouGov polls? And a few Ipsos? Not exactly 11 different polls.

I’d also like to note for the record that I don’t need cable news to drop into moron range. Or perhaps rise. I’ve posted with AA, Wizard and DSL for nigh two decades.

Comment

• MORON?

I just pull myself together from the Jeff assault and now this?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just a bunch of YouGov polls? And a few Ipsos? Not exactly 11 different polls.

I’d also like to note for the record that I don’t need cable news to drop into moron range. Or perhaps rise. I’ve posted with AA, Wizard and DSL for nigh two decades.
                            Same polling agencies, different pools. Your mileage may vary. It's quite possible that Rasmussen's pool of 1500 should be taken more seriously than the other 10,000 voters in the other polls.

Ipsos B+, YouGov B. Rasmussen C+.

Comment

• I’m not defending Rasmussen. I am saying that 7 different YouGov polls conducted over the same period but variable depending on LV or RV etc isn’t really 7 different polls.

YMMV

Comment

• Whoever is right the "margin of error" for all of the reported polls is total horseshit since they are all supposed to be measuring the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X