No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have read the series of posts between CGVT and talent regarding accusations that Trump incited Sayoc's action. Several posts from each poster are borderline violations of Rule 2. Let's drop the dialogue that attacks, impugns or denigrates the views of others before it gets out of hand. Moderate yourselves.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I would Cesar Sayoc would probably consider himself a Stalwart of the Trumpers just as Guiteau was the Stalwart of the Stalwarts. The Trumpist movement itself is pretty Stalwartian.

Comment

• Comment

• Fair enough, Buchanan. Some idiocy ought not be addressed. As they say, when you wrestle with pigs...or something.

DSL:

Wait, I mean stop the motherfucking presses. Is Obama saying politicians were trumping up an issue for the sake of politics? I mean...holy fucking hell....my mind is fucking blown.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I would Cesar Sayoc would probably consider himself a Stalwart of the Trumpers just as Guiteau was the Stalwart of the Stalwarts. The Trumpist movement itself is pretty Stalwartian.
            I like this. I like this a lot.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Good grief. Your fixation with the minutia bypasses the point.

This isn't a court of law. Get off the ALL bullshit and look at the point.

No hate filled rhetoric from Trump. No MAGAbomber.

It is pretty tough to refute that, so you try to get technical.

It is like the gun nuts not fighting the message when someone says that a type of weapon should be banned and they come with the bullshit argument of "you don't even know what a (________) weapon is.

The point is still the same and really can't be argued. So let's attack the way it was presented.

It is a typical Trumpster/right wing way of arguing and it is, as I said, either ignorant of intentionally obtuse.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Jesus Christ, y'all, I am supposed to be the fiery, I'll-tempered Scot. But even I recognize and respect the sanctity of Game Day. Remember Gameday and keep it holy.

Forgive us our errant passes, as we forgive those who play action pass against us. And lead us not to a low tier bowl, but deliver us to the Playoff. Amen.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Talent: Benghazi

Comment

• Going by his rhetoric tonight, he is still targeting Maxine Waters. I get the impression he wouldn't have been too worked up if the bombs would have been successful. in his world he is the victim in this. Trump straddles the line enough so guys like Kapture and Talent defend his hateful rhetoric. He surely didn't tell that Maga to send bombs but he has encouraged violence at his rallies, Trump labeled the press as the enemy of the people and he recently applauded the violence against Ben Jacobs. Those rallies are hothouses of aggression, some of it is kayfabe but some people take it to heart.
                      You know, Froot, it's certainly within the Ven diagram of arguments to say that PDJT's rhetoric ain't good AND the Florida Injun is responsible for his actions. However, if the new game is that whatever motivates the criminal or bad actor is ALL to blame, then so be it. That was certainly the case when the press went after Palin for the Giffords shooting -- shamefully -- and certainly wasnt the case when Scalise was shot. But, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're principled. So, I'm going to assume these are the new rules.

Going forward, then, I'm happy to play by your principle that whatever motivates the criminal/bad actor is ALL to blame and hold those folks accountable. In this case, PDJT should be tried for attempted murder, I guess. I'll do one retroactively -- Islam is to blame for the Orlando nightclub shooting as the shooter was motivated by Islam's strong anti-buggery position. Cool.

Comment

• Get off the ALL bullshit
                        I agree ALL was bullshit and a remarkably stupid choice of words. That was my point. Thanks for the concession. I appreciate that.

Comment

• Still stuck on that ALL thing and ignoring the point.

Typical.

I guess if Trump wasn't whipping these jackholes into a frenzy this guy would have still sent his bombs to these very same Anti-Trump targets.

That defies logic.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Talent: Benghazi
                            I'm gonna need more. If your point is that Benghazi was a total horseshit politically manufactured scandal, then I'm completely on board. Personally, I couldn't believe you spent as much time arguing that point with some folks here as you did. The Rs went after Oprama with everything and then HRC. Conceded. I find that bit of history not the least bit unique, though.

If your point is otherwise, then...I'll reserve comment.

Comment

• Still stuck on that ALL thing and ignoring the point.
                              The original point was that I found this a "stupendously dumb take":

This shit is all on the Orange Monkey
                              I still do. And, I appreciate the concession that, after being hammered into a corner you do, too.

Comment

• The whole Stalwart movement was very viscous and nasty, the analogy of blaming Garfield because he didn't give Guiteau a job falls apart. That analogy works for blaming CNN in getting a bomb sent to it by a Trumper. If only they were nice to Trump, Sayoc wouldn't have had to send those bombs. That's basically what Trump was arguing yesterday and at the rally last night.

The correct analogy would be to blame the Stalwarts for contributing to the vicious and celebrating violence against Republicans they deemed to be Half-Breeds. In that environment Guiteau found it reasonable to take Garfield's life. I would imagine a lot of the Stalwarts were horrified by it. It wasn't just one job that Guiteau wanted, but that was the whole point of the Stalwarts.
                                Last edited by froot loops; October 27, 2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X