No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was crystal clear what does the word regulated refer to? The military, the individual or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

People are going to jail and seeing assets confiscated for either process "crimes" or for crimes that were completely unrelated to Donald Trump's run for president. Some people have been charged with crimes for Facebook trolling.

But just be patient, dude. Any day now the smoking gun is going to come out. Anonymous sources tell CNN that Drumpf's gardener is about to flip. Surely he has a secret recording of Putin and CheetoHitler conspiring to build a wall on the US southern border, improve GDP growth to 4%, improve the value of the stock market, pacify North Korea, increase energy exports (in competition with Russian energy exports), end birthright citizenship, renegotiate our trade deals, and cut corporate taxes in an effort to spur growth and bring back American manufacturing jobs. It is the most insidious conspiracy in the history of the world -- the crowning achievement of the lizard people!
      So your position is that all these people running Trump's campaign committed crimes they all had the details of, but none were related to the campaign?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        If you all must continue this mind-numbing discussion, could you all use the style and prose of a Texas Monthly or New Yorker article?

Jacob Howard took paper from the mahogany desk, placed it front of him, and dipped the pen to ink without even looking. The lamp's flame flickered and gave the paper a warm, golden glow. He knew if he were to finish the Citizenship Clause...

Alabama fans have always sought to exterminate our great literary journals. Stick to reading old copies of "Boys' Life", you troglodytic invertebrate.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL, we smite down libelous rags.

Talent, do or do not. There is no try.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Do not!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Dale Morphy was a hack, a fraud, and a dissembler. As deserving of the HOF as Mark Wohlers.

Comment

• He had like 4 wives, all of them hags, and frequently Castled queenside whilst playing the Italian! Might deserve to be in Ogden dumbass HOF.

Comment

• Haha. You can castle long with the Italian Game!
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Step right up for a chance to win thousands! Cast your vote here! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

The idea has been trialled in several US cities with promising - if controversial - results.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• FWIW, George Conway's (Kellyanne's husband) thoughts on the "jurisdiction" clause

If anyone can't see twitter:

Comment

• DSL:

I had another piece in my mind that argued a little harder contra your position, but I think this NRO piece is much better in terms of setting up the issue and concluding much as I did: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...l-requirement/

So, you know, if someone reaches the same spot I did then, it's right! But there are two points in there that I didn't know about and which are instruction -- the 1866 Civil Rights Act is instructive as to "subject to jurisdiction" and the dicta in the Slaughterhouse case is instructive (though, not controlling).

Comment

• That's actually fairly terrible reasoning and represents a remarkably shallow, dare I say, twitter shallow, understanding of subject to the jurisdiction of the US. It doesn't mean the conclusion is wrong; the reasoning, though, is not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's actually fairly terrible reasoning and represents a remarkably shallow, dare I say, twitter shallow, understanding of subject to the jurisdiction of the US. It doesn't mean the conclusion is wrong; the reasoning, though, is not good.
                                Reading the NRO piece now but haha, virtually the same line is near the beginning:

rack up parking tickets with impunity. The U.S. government clearly does have jurisdiction, in this straightforward sense, over illegal immigrants; otherwise we would be powerless to deport them or or otherwise punish them for breaking our laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X