No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the generic ballot is +1 to the GOP, it would be a considered a truly gigantic systemic polling error and I would imagine the GOP would gain seats in the House

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Early voting in Ohio is over with (other than by-mail absentees that straggle in) and it's incredible to look at the increased turnout versus 2014, particularly in-person voting. These numbers are now available on the Sec of State website.

Total Absentee Votes Cast
        2014: 864,862
        2018: 1,313,844

Total Mail Absentees
        2014: 716,973
        2018: 878,996

Total In-Person Absentees
        2014: 145,624
        2018: 429,492

We'll find out tomorrow I guess if there's just that much more interest this year or if "Election Day" will be cannibalized.

Comment

• Time to change the way we vote in this country. Election Day is no longer valid. Vote by mail is the way to go.
          ALL-MAIL ELECTIONS (AKA VOTE-BY-MAIL)

Dylan Lynch8/15/2018 TABLE OF CONTENTS

CONTACT

Introduction

house bill 1401, which authorizes a county with a population less than 100,000 to conduct a pilot program for the 2020 primary and general elections.Other states permit all-mail elections in certain circumstances, such as for special districts, municipal elections, when candidates are unopposed, or at the discretion of the county clerk. See below for state-by-state statutes.

Generally, states begin with providing all-mail elections only in certain circumstances, and then add additional opportunities as citizens become familiar with procedures.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Only two more days until all the pathetic, lying, bullshit filled political ads end and we can get back to being saturated with prescription drug ads that brag about potential side effects that include massive rectal bleeding, spontaneous pancreatic implosion and slow agonizing death.

I'd love an over-time chart of how much time in those commercials is dedicated to the side-effects. They have to talk really fast now to get them all in, and it seems like a good bit more than half the commercial. Sad but true -- if it didn't work, they'd stop doing it. People love bullshit.

Comment

• Super happy fun ball

Comment

• qh3sr8ssbkw11.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=7ee1043a21f733f00e5efd4b2f2d18cc2c713c5c.png

Comment

• John James will surprise everyone

Comment

• Sean Hannity and Judge Jeanine both up on stage campaigning with Trump. In Hannity's case, after he signed a statement saying he would not be on stage campaigning with the President. At one point, he pointed to the actual press in the back of the arena and dubbed them "fake news". I wonder what the last few remaining journalists at Fox think as they watch the network's near-complete transition to being a fulltime branch of the Republican Party?

There will reportedly be a lot of turnover at the WH and around the Cabinet after the midterms. Would it shock anyone if Hannity and Judge Jeanine have job offers?

EDIT: Just realized Hannity insulted Fox's own hard news reporters by his statement (John Roberts: your thoughts?). Oh and Judge Jeanine at one point in her screaming told everyone to get out and vote for Donald Trump. She's a credit to the practice of Law.
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 6, 2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• who gives a fuck? well, who besides you I'm not so sure. I don't see how it's different than any night on CNN or MSNBC, other than the live audience. Hannity has never once called himself a journalist or a reporter, he has always referred to himself as a political commentator.

and no way he leaves his Fox paycheck for a government job.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• SNL gets Judge Jeanine right IMO

Comment

• 37UIKNR.jpg

Comment

• HNlI5rf.jpg

Comment

• Decent size line at my polling place, couldn't afford the 40 minute wait, I'll have to go after work.

Comment

Working...
                                X