No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi as a bogeyman was not very effective this election cycle. She was one of the main architects of the plank most(if not all) of the incoming house freshman ran on. She's not going anywhere but I'm not sure how much longer she stays as Speaker.

Pelosi actively worked with candidates who said they were voting against her as speaker if elected, Trump could learn a thing or three from her. Making sure candidates pledge fealty to you is a surefire way to lose some seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Texas is going to go blue by 2024. No later than 2028. This was, indeed, the most favorable that the Senate map is going to be for the Rs, perhaps ever. In between massive demographic shifts and the Democrats' uncanny ability to unearth ballots hidden in the trunks of automobiles when their candidate is down a percentage point, we are probably a decade away from a permanent one party rule. Donald Trump won Texas by the same margin that he won Ohio and Ted Cruz barely just held onto his Senate seat. This was likely his last victory. And if Texas flips, we're finished.
      Well, few things there... Cruz is currently a damaged candidate. He refused to endorse Trump at the convention, which pissed off a lot of Trump voters. Then he endorsed at the 11th hour, which pissed off all of the Cruz hardliners. He was facing a very charismatic candidate where the national media was following him around like a dog with his red rocket hanging out, and covering for his near vehicular manslaughter while he was driving drunk. Not to mention the tens and tens of millions poured into Texas from California and NY, this was the Dems best shot at upending Texas as they are going to get. If Beta was up against Trump in TX, that race is 55-45 at worse. Cruz will not have this same problem in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Let's not say that. The new generation of Dems ain't fucking centrist by a longshot.

Comment

• I think Ossoff gets a bad rap for his special election campaign. His biggest weaknesses were the special election was so close to the general election and the race got nationalized. A lot of people were still giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, waiting for the moment he became president if you will. A lot of the machinery that benefited someone like McBath had yet to materialize in ways it is now materialized..

Comment

• His biggest weakness was he didn't even live in the district lmao

Comment

• I hope Ds read this election as PELOSI!!! and PROGS!!!

I'd be surprised if they didn't, TBH. It won't be enough to lose 2020, but as they push forward they'll get routed again and people will try to imagine why swing districts swung when it's all rather apparent in the numbers and the cycle.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I hope Ds read this election as PELOSI!!! and PROGS!!!

I'd be surprised if they didn't, TBH. It won't be enough to lose 2020, but as they push forward they'll get routed again and people will try to imagine why swing districts swung when it's all rather apparent in the numbers and the cycle.
                what did I say about that silver lining.

This is how Dems lose elections. And I don't mind saying it, they never listen anyways.

Comment

• Most of those Progs lost. I know in Michigan the house seats that flipped were definitely centrist candidates. Slotkin and Stevens may turn out to be raging progressives the same time Senator-Elect Sinema reveals her Taliban bona fides but I doubt it. The incumbents tried to paint them as candidates doing the bidding of Pelosi and it was terribly ineffective.

Its really hard to be a raging progressive when all you have is the House. Some show votes but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Pelosi as a bogeyman was not very effective this election cycle. She was one of the main architects of the plank most(if not all) of the incoming house freshman ran on. She's not going anywhere but I'm not sure how much longer she stays as Speaker.

Pelosi actively worked with candidates who said they were voting against her as speaker if elected, Trump could learn a thing or three from her. Making sure candidates pledge fealty to you is a surefire way to lose some seats.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; November 13, 2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Republicans in those places actually DID try to nationalize the races, because that's all they had. It didn't work.

Begging voters to vote Republican for Donald Trump's sake (or in hanni's case, the preservation of the white race) even if the Republican is a pedophile or corrupt doesn't always turn out to be a winning message. Go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        Hillary if she runs.

Gonna be hilarious.

Trump's biggest threats are Michelle 0bama, Kamala Harris, and Joe 'I Smell Children' Biden.
                        Hillary won't win a single state in the primaries if she runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Republicans in those places actually DID try to nationalize the races.
                          Not really. They didn't pull out the heavy artillery until the very end. The "jobs, not mobs" ad should have been running back in March.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; November 13, 2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Knives are definitely coming out for Kelly and a lot of it seems to be coming from Melania's people. John Bolton's top deputy is reportedly on the way out as well after clashing with Melania's staff on the Africa trip

Comment

• You all seriously need to get a life.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Hillary won't win a single state in the primaries if she runs.
                                bet me

Comment

Working...
                                X