Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I can never get the trademark, patent or copyright thing down.
    That's because you are dumb.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If he has a certain way that he is being a stain, that could be patented.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

That's because you are dumb.
        That's a possibility.

Comment

• I can never get the trademark, patent or copyright thing down.
          I've explained it to HS students in 5 minutes and generally spend about 3 minutes on broad differences at the outset of any workshop I do. So, I figure if we set aside a few weeks then you'll get there.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Idea=patents/trade secrets; expression of an idea=copyright; branding of a product made or service offered using the idea=trademark. Selling products/services in commerce accrues common law trademark protection (TM). You can also register trademark with USPTO (circle R). The differences are minor and mostly litigation-based.

Now, STFU.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Correct. They've managed to do a fair amount of good for the economy and also mostly (or completely) undo that good with protectionist asshattery.
                In the China trade thing, DJT's administration identified and targeted some of China's most egregious behavior. Most notably, forced technology transfer by requiring dual US/Chinese ownership of company's wanting to do business in China. He used tariff's to try to leverage China and then bragged about it. As noted, the trade deficit thing is over-played but it's does have some significance, esp. in the Ag sector.

My bitch is that Trump has no idea how to deal with the Chinese or, for that matter, most nations on the international scene. His supporters say he's changing the rule book for international relations - MAGA. Bull-shit. He's created more international tension in Asia, Europe and the ME and therefore very real dangers than any American President I can think of. Teddy Roosevelt came close with his approach to Japan, China and Russia in the early 20th century. TR was smart and well read. Trump, it appears to me is the exact opposite. My take is that time is going to run out on him and most of countries he needs to deal with in a rational way are simply going to fuck with him until he's out of office. Hopefully, we aren't forced to deal with a real, hot crisis somewhere while he's in the WH.

I've said this before. He's got some reasonable positions internationally and nationally - people can agree or disagree on these - but he is a complete fuck-up when it comes to realizing them in a way that advantages American interests. I don't think it is possible to rewrite the rules on how an American President conducts himself - the ones that have been developed over the last 240 some years.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

That's a possibility.
                  false. it's a certainty...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

In the China trade thing, DJT's administration identified and targeted some of China's most egregious behavior. Most notably, forced technology transfer by requiring dual US/Chinese ownership of company's wanting to do business in China. He used tariff's to try to leverage China and then bragged about it. As noted, the trade deficit thing is over-played but it's does have some significance, esp. in the Ag sector.

My bitch is that Trump has no idea how to deal with the Chinese or, for that matter, most nations on the international scene. His supporters say he's changing the rule book for international relations - MAGA. Bull-shit. He's created more international tension in Asia, Europe and the ME and therefore very real dangers than any American President I can think of. Teddy Roosevelt came close with his approach to Japan, China and Russia in the early 20th century. TR was smart and well read. Trump, it appears to me is the exact opposite. My take is that time is going to run out on him and most of countries he needs to deal with in a rational way are simply going to fuck with him until he's out of office. Hopefully, we aren't forced to deal with a real, hot crisis somewhere while he's in the WH.

I've said this before. He's got some reasonable positions internationally and nationally - people can agree or disagree on these - but he is a complete fuck-up when it comes to realizing them in a way that advantages American interests. I don't think it is possible to rewrite the rules on how an American President conducts himself - the ones that have been developed over the last 240 some years.
                    you are wrong. The requirement with the Chinese is a warm personal relationship but they don't like weakness. They don't respect appeasement and playing nice. What they do respect is toughness on behalf of one's own interests, and Trump understands this. He has a personal closeness with President Xi, but he is not giving them an inch, and has remained firm with respects to our interests. He has checked each and every one of the "how to deal with the Chinese" boxes. You might not like his style, but he understands them.

any who, perhaps he should start hosting duels. After all, dueling with guns is an activity that presidents have engaged in. Is it presidential? Hell, Jefferson's Vice President shot and killed Alexander Hamilton. Apparently that is how a VP should conduct himself now since that is how they conducted themselves then?
                    Last edited by Kapture1; December 7, 2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Even on the IP theft, was his go it alone approach going to work better than the way TPP was addressing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Idea=patents/trade secrets; expression of an idea=copyright; branding of a product made or service offered using the idea=trademark. Selling products/services in commerce accrues common law trademark protection (TM). You can also register trademark with USPTO (circle R). The differences are minor and mostly litigation-based.

Now, STFU.
                        Thirded.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not sure what good he's done for anything other than short-term equities returns. It would be quite the thing if the Obama-period GDP trend line was to continue even despite the further shifting of the balance toward corporations. That'd be a pretty massive failure of both the person and the theory underpinning the policy. In related news, the former IMF chief economist and a current fellow at the very pro-market anti-barriers Petersen Institute tweeted yesterday about a post-capitalist transition due to the failure of representative democracy. When people like THAT are saying it...

So I guess the implication re Huawei is that execs were already avoiding the US? I don't know. Not sure where you'd connect to out of Vancouver. You can fly direct to Toronto or Ottawa. Hard to imagine another Canadian city she'd be going to. This is going to be fascinating.

Comment

• I also believe that for the first time in what? 10 years our Country's GDP will be over 3% for a year. So much for the 0bama period GDP trend, or as he called it, "the new normal"

Comment

• Libs are in denial of the economy kicking fucking ass. It's fun to watch.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The good thing about this is that this is quite measurable. The economy under Trump, despite the supposed clearing of red tape and lowering of taxes to stimulate investment, has grown at precisely the same rate it has since the financial-crisis recovery. Is there where we say ``THANKS OBAMA"?

Comment

Working...
                                X