• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilarious
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Even on the IP theft, was his go it alone approach going to work better than the way TPP was addressing it?
      Good question. IMO collective action from the west has its strengths, but usually is a muddle-through. Which is why voters are mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore. If there's any single area in which I could find common cause with Trump, it's here on China. Not on the trade deficit, but the IP and tech security stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        hilarious
        STFUD

Comment

• only modern president not to get a single year over 3%. and this was at 0% interest.

He was the worst economic president, even more than Carter.

Comment

• whbocyuznv221.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=c0b721c211fec63e7a349798e727a62425ebc205.jpg

Comment

• cyu01wptcv221.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&s=52486d549e3261dd02c368267fc60054567be4b8.jpg

Comment

• The economy under Trump, despite the supposed clearing of red tape and lowering of taxes to stimulate investment, has grown at precisely the same rate it has since the financial-crisis recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

you are wrong. The requirement with the Chinese is a warm personal relationship but they don't like weakness. They don't respect appeasement and playing nice. What they do respect is toughness on behalf of one's own interests, and Trump understands this. He has a personal closeness with President Xi, but he is not giving them an inch, and has remained firm with respects to our interests. He has checked each and every one of the "how to deal with the Chinese" boxes. You might not like his style, but he understands them.
                  Trump is being duped, played by Xi. Trump's baked in philosophy is winning. Does't care how - I'm sure you've read his book. That is not a useful trait in dealing with the Chinese or any other sovereign for that matter. You think he understands the Chinese? I don't. Tell me if you think he has read anything about China's long history or the history of US/China trade relationships over the centuries? That might be a start for him but we've been told he simply acts on his belief system as flawed as that probably is and usually has his mind made up on the course he wants to take irrespective of facts or the law at hand.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It definitely hasn't tanked, so there is thanks for that, but it has to continue. Getting into trade wars is not a great recipe for status quo. Presidents get a lot of undeserved credit or undeserved blame for the economy. Like he isn't involved with Brexit at all, but if its a hard exit there are a lot of unforeseen economic issues that he could have to deal with here.

Comment

• As long as we're discussing this in the ``presidents take credit/blame for the economy'' mode, WF is as wrong as it gets, and the chart shows it. Trump claims to have done a bunch of stuff to juice the economy and yet economic growth in the best quarter under Trump hasn't even come close to the best two under Obama. It's that simple. And those are lagging indicators. The leading ones are pretty damn alarming. $6bn corporate-bond fund sell off this quarter? Losing the trade war? Fed backing off its forward guidance? Everyone and their mother predicting a crisis soon? Yikes.

At some point what would really help is to stop mistaking ``the economy'' for rich people. They aren't the same thing. What's good for one isn't always good for the other.

Comment

• Holy fuck re that quoted post from Kapture. Holy fuck. Well handled, Jeff. I would add that the Chinese trademarks won for Ivanka's clothes and all that other nonsense, and with the exceptions on IP, are pretty relevant here. It's important to understand just who exactly Trump is working for here. His own family fortune, or the policy goals of the US? The answer is obvious. This discussion is meaningless without the corruption angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          The good thing about this is that this is quite measurable. The economy under Trump, despite the supposed clearing of red tape and lowering of taxes to stimulate investment, has grown at precisely the same rate it has since the financial-crisis recovery. Is there where we say ``THANKS OBAMA"?

Ha. No, we say "THANKS W." If you look at your own chart, it shows that the 2008 recession turned around in March 2009 and moved from a -8% growth rate to a +4% during 2009. This was entirely the result of the actions taken by George W. Bush and had nothing to do with Obama. When Obama's program was passed in 2010, the growth rate dropped to -1% from +4%. Read your own chart, Hack.

Besides, when the denominator of a quotient is reduced considerably, as in 2007-08, it is erroneous to say moving up from -8% to +4% is all due to policy. It is simply the mathematics involved. The real point here is that the interest rate was 0% for almost all of Obama's time in office. Hack, the only reason you don't see what everyone else sees is that your family income is tied to government-reliant jobs, and those jobs have not increased since 2016. Most of the rest of us work for a living and we see how much better the economy is. I certainly don't expect a good economy to remain after the Dems take over the House and the "impeachment investigations" start.

And please don't be relying on a former IMF economist for information. He'd be a firm globalist, and THAT is what is imploding, not representative democracy. Besides, the Peterson Institute generally has a wide range of opinions expressed, unlike the Dem" think tanks".

Comment

• WF is as wrong as it gets, and the chart shows it
                            Your the "my numbers and charts" are always right guy. I was only quoted the left and Pelosi, how is that as wrong as it gets?

Comment

• !hack my charts right!! Stomps feet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Trump is being duped, played by Xi. Trump's baked in philosophy is winning. Does't care how - I'm sure you've read his book. That is not a useful trait in dealing with the Chinese or any other sovereign for that matter. You think he understands the Chinese? I don't. Tell me if you think he has read anything about China's long history or the history of US/China trade relationships over the centuries? That might be a start for him but we've been told he simply acts on his belief system as flawed as that probably is and usually has his mind made up on the course he wants to take irrespective of facts or the law at hand.
                                you see what you want to see, that's fine.

I have not read his book. I know how to deal with the Chinese and actually get their respect. It will be a relationship where the heads will butt, often, but between say Trump and Trudeau (Castro), which do the Chinese respect more?

Well, check out the nicknames of each leader the Chinese have dub'd them...

Uncle Trump
                                Grand Commander
                                Donald the Strong

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/w...hina-fans.html

vs

Little Potato

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6b0d49439051 (it's buried in the last paragraph of course)

Get back with me on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X