No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that amongst Trump supporters you are probably in a small minority willing to evaluate him on a case-by-case basis. Most seem dedicated to justifying their loyalty rather than questioning it.

Comment

• People at the Pentagon are leaking like crazy to Fox's national security reporter. They don't appear to care about making Trump look bad either.

Cynic in me says Trump cut a deal with Turkey that he'd leave Syria if they drop the Khashoggi stuff. But I have no evidence to show that. Other than this is all working out nicely for Erdogan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I seriously don't know why anyone is our ally with how we have treated the Kurds over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          If Trump continues to cuck on issues that his voters care about then he has no chance of winning reelection in 2020. He is already wildly unpopular on a personal level, which means that he has almost no margin for error when it comes to policy. I knew that his cabinet was going to be a clown show, but it has been even worse than my expectations. He has been incredibly valuable when it comes to moving the Overton Window to the right, allowing taboo topics like immigration into the public discourse, and exposing globalism for people who have only recently started paying attention. He has inspired a worldwide revolt against open borders and globalism, with the yellow vest protests in France being the latest example. But that's not enough. We have but a short time frame to fix America's problems. There are some early indications that Generation Z is going to be the most Right Wing generation since WWII, but it might be too little, too late. The Left is close to a permanent, final victory. The events of the last couple of months have been very blackpilling.

Also -- it's becoming apparent that somebody needs to get Ivanka and Jared the fuck away from the White House. They are poison for this administration and they are giving him terrible advice. What is the point of defeating Jeb Bush if you are going to get the same policies via your daughter and son-in-law?
          Inexcusable for him to sign a CR to kick this can down the road for when there is a Democrat controlled House. And if you can just willy nilly reassign defense spending to build the wall, why the fuck didn't he do that in his first week on the job? Probably because it likely does need appropriations.

If he signs that fucking thing, he is folding. He is caving and getting nothing in return. Reagan shut down the government what? 5 or 6 times? ended up getting the largest tax cut with a democrat controlled congress. Trump needs to sack up and do what Reagan did 5 or 6 times ONCE.

I think Stephen Miller is my only hope left in terms of policy advisers are concerned. If he goes, he can just shut out the lights on his way out.
          Last edited by Kapture1; December 20, 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Trump is not good at getting deals, he's a terrible negotiator. He could have had 25 billion for his wall in exchange for DACA recipient protections in February. You find a way to get the deal and move, his only negotiating stance is hostage taking, its not effective. If you hold out for a deal in which you never give concessions, you'll never ever get a deal and you'll wind up getting dunked on Tom Chambers-like by Nancy Pelosi in the White House.

Comment

• I'm telling you, this chick is a man

Du34pKhV4AAHqfJ.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

• Is that a clear incentive for Erdogan? It could be. Like Trump and the Wall, Erdogan may actually find the US presence useful as something to bitch about to his base. I don't know. That's 8-D maniac chess.

Re your second tweet, I don't know if I believe what that anon official says about nobody working with us again if we pull out, but if enough people really believe that, and if our deep state is a tenth as powerful as its detractors say, you'd think the troops are actually going to end up staying.

Comment

• yvtpm9z93q601.jpg
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't find the "nobody will ever work with us again" to be very persuasive.

Comment

• Things are just a cluster for Trump right now.

1) Getting attacked from all sides over Syria announcement
                      2) Nationalist Right ripping him for no Wall. Law & Order Right ripping him for the Criminal Justice Reform Bill
                      3) Increasingly nervous over economic numbers which are essential for his reelection.
                      4) Angry that he can't order the Fed what to do
                      5) Trump Foundation shut down
                      6) Mueller/SDNY won't go away
                      7) Pissed that his two weeks of golf could get delayed

Comment

• LMAO
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• well we have a crime bill
                          we have the "opportunity zones"
                          we have a middle class that seems to be coming back thanks to jobs choice and stable cost of living
                          we have a stabilization in how we view law enforcement although the recruitment of newbies has taken a hard hit
                          jury is still out on trade although Canada and mexico treaties are encouraging need something with china ironed out
                          all for nato paying their fair share
                          have at least an exposure of the weaponization of intelligence to work against outsiders coming in
                          so weather he is impeached or loses in 2020 there are some gains people have made living day to day which ultimately is what most elections are about
                          are you better off today then 2 years ago--I think a lot of people are but is it worth the holding of your nose to pull the trump level again --we will see

Comment

• Things are just a cluster for Trump right now.

Shocker. It seemed like everything was going to be fine.

Comment

• Its just status quo really.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Trump is not good at getting deals, he's a terrible negotiator. He could have had 25 billion for his wall in exchange for DACA recipient protections in February. You find a way to get the deal and move, his only negotiating stance is hostage taking, its not effective. If you hold out for a deal in which you never give concessions, you'll never ever get a deal and you'll wind up getting dunked on Tom Chambers-like by Nancy Pelosi in the White House.
                                He was right not to make that deal. He had a Republican-controlled Congress and, debatably at least, the ability to construct the wall as part of his powers as Commander-in-Chief. I try to put my impatience with Trump into perspective by remembering that our government is not a one man show, but he has made some bad unforced errors. I could handle not getting the wall if I thought that Trump had done a good job fighting for it and forcing some sort of up or down vote. He hasn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X