X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattis' resignation letter contains some subtle criticism of Trump

Comment

• 7 million is nothing.
      8 million now in only in hour since I posted it - hack get that calculator out again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Mattis is out. Has had enough
        I actually know of the kind of Marine General Mattis is. He, true to the core belief that US military officers serve at the pleasure of the President and without political prejudice, carried out his duties as SECDEF to the best of his abilities. You'll not here him say one word against his CINC and that is exactly as it should be.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 5.17.50 PM.png
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
            Lol.

It is nothing.

7 million is nothing.

and the idea that the project has gotten *no national attention* is a silver-spooned grassroots movement fantasy. The idea has been kicked kicked around -first in irony- and, per usual, became a bizarre reality now must be endured.

I'm sure it will turn into some haphazard fence/memorial to Trump's presidency that delinquents will cross the border if only to piss on 15 yrs from now.

PS -- still waiting on KApture's BCT date/mailing address.
            Last edited by Hannibal; December 20, 2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I actually know of the kind of Marine General Mattis is. He, true to the core belief that US military officers serve at the pleasure of the President and without political prejudice, carried out his duties as SECDEF to the best of his abilities. You'll not here him say one word against his CINC and that is exactly as it should be.
              That's really just Clausewitz's Trinity -- and it is taught across all branches.

I'd argue Mattis' was gifted the easiest path to maintain it -- hard to argue with Trump when he just wants to start a platform arms race. Obviously Mattis held is tongue on the Transgender debacle -- but, this Syria stunt was probably close to the last straw.

Will be interesting to see how general Trump supporters turn on Mattis. Wasn't very long for McMasters -- and probably not long for Kelly. Flynn obviously an exception.

For the record -- Clausewitz probably would have shot Trump himself -- so not sure how useful that model is as it becomes untethered.

Comment

• Oh. Sorry.

There were literally conservative pundits suggesting the campaign be initiated on live national television.

Comment

• Hell of a week for muh President. Probably caused a govt shutdown thanks to his flip-flopping, totally alienates the Pentagon by suddenly announcing troops withdrawals in two theaters, loses his most respected Cabinet member, the Fed disobeyed him, the stock market keeps tanking, has the Far Right screaming at him as a sellout, investigations keep extending...

Now he'll be heading down to his vipers' nest in Florida for a few weeks, where people will whisper in his ear and possibly get him pissed enough to fire Mueller

Comment

• Okay, well, I have reconsidered my position on this wall thing. It turns out, that I think we should be open to the possibility that there may be a sucker born every 30 seconds. Previous estimates were likely to conservative.

Comment

• More cynically:

Even Trump can't figure out how to be the strongman he so desperately idolizes.

Repels tech aristocrats and his attempt to militarize the cabinet falls apart as quickly as he assembles it.

There is an opportunity for symbolism there, but it wouldn't reach the intended audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I mostly agree, but that letter establishes what Mattis believes and goes on to say that Trump does not share those beliefs.

Comment

• I absolutely agree. Trouble is, we're now in for a Fox & Friends loser as SECDEF.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Bb
                            Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post

Oh. Sorry.

There were literally conservative pundits suggesting the campaign be initiated on live national television.
                            But did they mention this particular campaign?

Comment

• In less than two years:

Three Chiefs of Staff
                              Three National Security Advisors (and Bolton must wonder why he's sticking around at this point)
                              Two Sec of State
                              Two Sec of Defense
                              Two Attorneys General (with a third on the way)
                              Two VA Secretaries
                              Two DHS Secretaries (with Nielson on thin ice)

And oh yeah...how many Communications Directors are we up to now? 4? 5?

Comment

• Du5jLnbWoAMG8MA.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X