No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This tweet represents a line of attack Trump and his drooling sycophants are trying to keep alive. It's full of lies.

1) Mueller's team was simply following DOJ policy when it reissued Strzok and Page's phones to other agents.

2) The 19,000 text messages were already recovered and reviewed by the OIG who deemed them irrelevant. Those texts are not "missing". Just because Rudy Giuliani or Jim Jordan wasn't given them all to sift through does not mean there is a 'cover-up'.

3) The details are all in the IG report at the link below. The IG concluded that no one had broken any rules or policy during any of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      couple of things--yeah cop killings went up 12% --every year seems to be 125-160 I don't know if you can blame it on anything specifically but when you have a severe shortage of applicants to boot this last year or two the pendulum has once again swayed too far
      god bless the singh family
      cant look at that Christmas picture and not think about my son his wife and their 1 month old daughter my grandaaughter shortly before he went to work Tuesday night --dustin my kid was in his full gear too--eerily similar --wife small kid no nod but similar tree similar poses

RSV (respiratory virus) was their nemesis this year--granddaughter in the hospia;l getting suctioned every 2 hours admitted after 8 hours after the Christmas picture but discharged yesterday

Hope your granddaughter is ok and improving

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        This tweet represents a line of attack Trump and his drooling sycophants are trying to keep alive. It's full of lies.

1) Mueller's team was simply following DOJ policy when it reissued Strzok and Page's phones to other agents.

2) The 19,000 text messages were already recovered and reviewed by the OIG who deemed them irrelevant. Those texts are not "missing". Just because Rudy Giuliani or Jim Jordan wasn't given them all to sift through does not mean there is a 'cover-up'.

3) The details are all in the IG report at the link below. The IG concluded that no one had broken any rules or policy during any of this.

those 19000 texts were from their Galaxy S5 phones, not the DOJ issued iPhones. iPhone texts are gone for good. those 19000 messages recovered by the OIG were from Dec 2016-May 2017. Mueller was appointed in June 2017

I have often wondered how they had the time to text as much as they did.
        Last edited by Kapture1; December 29, 2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile House Republicans quietly ended the Judiciary and Intelligence Committee investigations into Hillary's emails this week. Around three years worth of work resulting in zero convictions, zero arrests, zero charges, etc.etc.

Of course, for the conspiracy-happy Trump throne-sniffers, the lack of evidence of a crime is (in itself) evidence that a crime took place!

Comment

• Lack of evidence? she violated the espionage act. the classified emails on her server are the evidence of a crime that doesn't require intent to violate. plain and simple.

No one will prosecute Hillary tho, only the Trumps and Republicans.

Comment

• having a hard time today... don't get too frustrated and blow up on a Trump supporter engaging in commerce, please

Comment

• psrd711ld8721.jpg?width=625&auto=webp&s=c20cf52462cc0e0e6311bc0ef955f7e4c7882cba.jpg

Comment

• On a more light-hearted note, over the past year I've been trying to go back and watch comic book movies that I've never seen before. So this past week I watched (for the first time) 2005's Fantastic Four and the sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Wow. Random thoughts:

* First of all, both movies are bad, but not as bad as Electra, which is the all-time worst Marvel movie that I've seen. I felt like Silver Surfer was worse than the first movie so I was surprised that critics appeared to have it the other way around.
                  * Jessica Alba is a lousy actor. But she's pleasant to look at, that's for sure. This is her peak-hotness time period too.
                  * Dr. Doom manages to chew scenery and be extremely lame in both films.
                  * Both movies mangle their source material. Galactus in particular is no longer a rational, sentient humanoid; it's just a space cloud that eats planets. So how did the Silver Surfer strike a deal with an unthinking cloud monster?
                  * It's funny to see Chris Evans playing a comics character wildly different (and much more obnoxious) than Captain America
                  * For some reason they bothered to hire Laurence Fishburne to do the voice of the Surfer when he has barely any lines and speaks almost no complete sentences.
                  * The jokes are corny but amplified three degrees in the second film. The product placement is also much more obnoxious in the second movie, reaching a climax when Reed Richards proudly shows off his self-built super-jet complete with a Dodge Hemi engine. I mean, for shit's sake.
                  * It's amazing that the current Disney Marvel Universe was still green-lit in the wake of the Sony-produced junk released between 2003 and 2007.

Comment

• Trump orders American babies to be poisoned with mercury because "cost efficiency is more important than lives".

The EPA says it will keep limits on toxic mercury emissions from coal plants but now deems them not cost-effective. Environmental groups worry the move could hinder future regulations.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• There is always more to the story. I don't know if you posted the link before or after NRO retracted it. Looks like after. Still, it's revealing on several levels. Title IX is an abomination. The jump to conclusions stories that reflect the kind of journalism that is flourishing today is a bad thing.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Just classify the NRO in the appropriate category - partisan spin. It may from time to time contain some actual reporting, but isn't really to be trusted.

Comment

• Title IX is an abomination.
                          As King Obama re-wrote the law, correct.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm so glad i went to college when i did. Male students these days would be best suited to wear a gopro at all times.
                            Last edited by Kapture1; December 30, 2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• This is great. Lindsey Graham is going to try and manipulate by comparing him with Obama.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham suggested Sunday President Donald Trump now better understands the stakes in Syria and has agreed to reevaluate, for now, his plans to immediately withdraw all US troops from the country.

"Yeah, I'm going to ask the President to do something President Obama would never do: reconsider."
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X