Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another glowing reference for :

Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal on Sunday criticized President Donald Trump for his approach to the presidency in a wide-ranging interview that saw the former top commander of the US and international forces in Afghanistan label Trump as dishonest and immoral.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So Roger Stone is now throwing Jerome Corsi under the bus, just like he did with Randy Credico earlier. Says don't believe a word he says, he's making up shit to save himself, blah blah blah

Safe to say everything Roger says here is probably the opposite of the truth if Roger's saying it.

Corsi probably DID get stolen Podesta emails from Wikileaks, and probably DID give them to Roger, who probably DID show them to Trump.

Dvr8lz2UwAAVrAP.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
        U.S. President Barack Obama fired his top Afghanistan commander Wednesday over inflammatory comments that angered the White House and threatened to undermine the war effort.

Comment

• Lol Kapture.

straight waffle braining here.

thr contexts are the same. Your link as a rebuttal is meaningless.

please post your basic training address

Comment

• continues his I-wanna-be-a-commie-dictator fantasy. To put it into terms that even the POSOTUS can fathom, look no further than GOP demi-god Ronald Reagan. He understood that FREE nations tear down walls and despotic nations build them. Remember "tear down that wall"? That was to provide a path INTO the west for oppressed peoples because of the freedoms and opportunity we stand for. Americans knock down walls, we don't build them. Let's also not forget that Reagan granted amnesty not once, but twice to illegal immigrants. So let's hear it Trumpanzees, tell us how your morally bankrupt grifter is sooooo much better than Reagan.

Of course, Putin is taunting his cock holster with this news item. "Na-na, I can do it and you can't!"

Russia has finished its fence on the Ukraine-Crimea border four years after it illegally annexed Crimea from Ukraine despite several European leaders concerns.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Um, Reagan wanted a wall, and is still waiting for the border security the Dems promised him in exchange for amnesty.

Comment

• thanks dsl both grandkids are doing great

rand paul went on a festivus rant 12/23

said he went looking for Elizabeth warren and couldn't find her

he was standing next to a wigwam on the beachj in Massachusetts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2407536002/

Comment

• Hadn't heard about this before...a school district in Texas lost its lawsuit with a girl they had expelled for not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance. Apparently the principal ordered the girl to stand several times, then expelled her and told her if she didn't immediately leave the building she would be arrested.

Either these school administrators are complete morons with no knowledge of the law or they felt they could bully this family into submission and just accept her fate. Glad to see free speech won out in the end

More:

A Texas school district expelled a student for sitting during the Pledge of Allegiance. The student sued and the district settled, forced to acknowledge that students do indeed have a right to freedom of expression. That's the right outcome — students should be taught the Pledge of Allegiance, not forced to stand for it. Before

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 31, 2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    On a more light-hearted note, over the past year I've been trying to go back and watch comic book movies that I've never seen before. So this past week I watched (for the first time) 2005's Fantastic Four and the sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Wow. Random thoughts:

* First of all, both movies are bad, but not as bad as Electra, which is the all-time worst Marvel movie that I've seen. I felt like Silver Surfer was worse than the first movie so I was surprised that critics appeared to have it the other way around.
                    * Jessica Alba is a lousy actor. But she's pleasant to look at, that's for sure. This is her peak-hotness time period too.
                    * Dr. Doom manages to chew scenery and be extremely lame in both films.
                    * Both movies mangle their source material. Galactus in particular is no longer a rational, sentient humanoid; it's just a space cloud that eats planets. So how did the Silver Surfer strike a deal with an unthinking cloud monster?
                    * It's funny to see Chris Evans playing a comics character wildly different (and much more obnoxious) than Captain America
                    * For some reason they bothered to hire Laurence Fishburne to do the voice of the Surfer when he has barely any lines and speaks almost no complete sentences.
                    * The jokes are corny but amplified three degrees in the second film. The product placement is also much more obnoxious in the second movie, reaching a climax when Reed Richards proudly shows off his self-built super-jet complete with a Dodge Hemi engine. I mean, for shit's sake.
                    * It's amazing that the current Disney Marvel Universe was still green-lit in the wake of the Sony-produced junk released between 2003 and 2007.
                    Its weird how times have changed with the comic book movies, at the time those movies were released they were pretty positively received as I recall.

Comment

• I have a fifth of Knob Creek and a 12 pack of Vernors waiting for me at home. Everyone have a safe night.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Its weird how times have changed with the comic book movies, at the time those movies were released they were pretty positively received as I recall.
                        Well the first two X-Men movies and the first two Spider-Man movies were critical hits and are still watchable (especially X-men 2). But the rest of the Fox/Sony movies of that time are mediocre to bad. By around 2007 people were openly speculating that the genre was just about dead (except for Batman movies)

Ang Lee's Hulk
                        Daredevil
                        Electra
                        Fantastic Four 1 & 2
                        Spider-Man 3
                        X3
                        Ghost Rider 1 & 2

Watching Fantastic Four it's hard to believe it came out the same year as Batman Begins. Feels like something from the mid-90's.

There's a couple random ones I still haven't seen but Electra is still the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as Marvel-based movies go. Very dull and lifeless. Manages to make 90 minutes feel double that. Jennifer Garner was the worst part of Daredevil too.

If we want to talk about worst superhero movies EVER then a quick bottom five for me (in no order):

Electra, Superman III, Superman IV, Batman & Robin, Batman v. Superman. I challenge anyone to watch Richard Pryor in Superman III and make it through the night without committing murder.

Comment

• I guess I kind of lump the X-Men and Fantastic Four together in that time period even if the quality wildly differs. I was working on the Disney account when the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe concept came about, it seems like a century ago. Before it really got going, the bombs like Lone Ranger and John Carter really affected the funding our project would receive even if it was in no way related.

Comment

• So much interesting backstory to Batman Forever. Really come away feeling sorry for everything involved -- but that sympathy especially extends to Schumacher. Reading how shitty it was for Arnold is hilarious. His costume was toxic and weighed about as much as it looked like it weighed. Also took hours to put on.

The whole DC reboot through Zach Snyder has really been a shit show. Everything is hyper produced with such an impotent edge -- the movies will look extremely dated within 8 years and immediately recognizable as Snyder who essentially lifted the "hard gloss" that Fincher uses in meaningful ways and merged it recklessly with some of the most homoerotic jaw clenching in movie history.

Comment

Working...
                            X