No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new poll has just been released that found one in three Trump supporters was just as dumb as the other two.

Comment

• Compelling findings, but competent pollsters know to you can't just ask people at lacrosse games.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Holiday anecdote from California. Twice-deported illegal alien gets arrested for being under the influence by local authorities. He's held for 10 hours., during which time ICE sends the local authorities a hold notice informing the authorities he's dangerous. Local authorities ignore the hold notice because California has passed a "Sanctuary State" bill which prohibits ICE from communicating with local authorities without a warrant. Released after 10 hours and with notice that he's dangerous, the illegal alien goes on shooting spree shortly thereafter.

Maybe I was asleep at the wheel and this was covered on this thread and by the national media. If so, my apologies for the duplication.
        nope, not a word. I'd like to build a wall around California too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          ....I respect your unflinching hatred of all things GOP.....
          Not at all. Above and beyond all others, the GOP requires the least amount of effort to mock for spinelessness and partisan stupidity. Should a Warren/Sanders ticket win in 2020, you'll see my sights turn their way. My biggest issue is no one wants to find common ground or a half way point on anything. Its got to be my way or the highway.

You can lay blame for that at the doorstep of the Citizen's United decision, the Dred Scott of the 21st century. Sadly it will probably remain this way until the rise of a viable third party or amending the Constitution to limit Pres/Rep/Sen to a single term.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'd like it to be a single six-year term.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
              A new poll has just been released that found one in three Trump supporters was just as dumb as the other two.

Same poll that pointed out that 1 in 3 Trump supporters suffer from delusions and detachment from reality but the other two enjoy it.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump says today he never meant that Mexico would just cut a check to build the Wall

lol, it's literally still up on his campaign website that Mexico would make a 'one-time payment' and on "Day One" would make an EO declaring a new tax on all remittances to Mexico

Dwj_IiDWwAMwKVv.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Trump says today he never meant that Mexico would just cut a check to build the Wall

lol, it's literally still up on his campaign website that Mexico would make a 'one-time payment' and on "Day One" would make an EO declaring a new tax on all remittances to Mexico

Dwj_IiDWwAMwKVv.jpg:small.jpg
                  nobody cares but you

Comment

• Wasn't being honest about the cost of the thing then or now. Amongst other things.

Comment

• It would be easiest for to simply declare victory and walk away.

"60% of the population opposes the wall. As the true elected representative the nation, I will abide by the majority's opinion and withdraw my demand for a wall. It is the foundation of the Presidency to reflect the majority will of the people and I will respect that."

Then he can go back to obsessing about Mueller.

Comment

• But would need a new distraction from Mueller.

Comment

• He can't walk away now. Coulter, Carlson, Doocy and Lahren will not allow it. He's not a strong enough guy to tell them to pound sand. His supporters would happily accept the sky is green if he told them. Never forget but his base are the hosts on Fox News and those people aren't the ones being conned. They would see through the charade. Rupert Murdoch would have to issue an edict to his employees to allow Dear Leader to walk away and declare victory.
                          Last edited by froot loops; January 10, 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Am currently working my way out of a bit of an extended lunchtime Duane Allman youtube rabbit hole.

Comment

• Yeah, I've rediscovered the archive.org live music database and I am working through the MMJ at Bonnaroo in 2008. People were wrong about Evil Urges.

Comment

• I really missed the boat on that band. I love It Still Moves, and know I should listen more. I wonder if they are still worth seeing. So, Bonnaroo 2008 is the live show to try?

Comment

Working...
                                X