No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 397212-president-trump-is-tougher-on-russia-in-18-months-than-obama-in-eight

Comment

• Comment

• this is an objective fact.

Comment

• y37cinbqoea21.png?width=939&auto=webp&s=a4eb06bcc97817ee58b5e33b0e6df6e3b311f0e1.png

Comment

• jiy8ooddqaa21.png?width=933&auto=webp&s=f9a274b6d64dc7e24fda4f20a8ac36dc928a8e17.png

Comment

• avhpk8ej4ba21.jpg?width=704&auto=webp&s=7c5312c9e0938d7e2c8ae06ca61cf6e01ce99d32.jpg

I can't fucking wait until 2020 hahaaaa

Comment

• Steve King wouldn't speak to reporters after leaving a meeting with GOP House leader McCarthy. Was rumored that he might be stripped of any committee assignments he has.

Romney directly said he should resign. Mitch McConnell came pretty close. He seems to have tested them once too often.

Comment

• The Coast Guard won't be getting paid tomorrow. But buried deeper into this story is the fact that retirees might not get any more pension checks, and surviving spouses won't get death benefits, until the government reopens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    The Coast Guard won't be getting paid tomorrow. But buried deeper into this story is the fact that retirees might not get any more pension checks, and surviving spouses won't get death benefits, until the government reopens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.21e0a2d302c7
                    Yep. If it isn't resolved by the 17th, I'm not getting my check.

Another reason to hate that orange piece of shit (as if I need another reason)
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, if you're not smart enough to get 5 deferments, dodge service to this great Nation, support taking jobs from 800,000 innocent American workers, shit all over veterans and kick their widows while they're down, then you don't deserve a check! MAGA!! Another win for DJT!!!
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It sucks. I'll be fine. I'm old and have money put away. I can go for quite a while before it will hurt me, but the junior enlisted that make peanuts and are living paycheck to paycheck are going to be hurting. For many it will take a long time to recover, it they ever do. That is the reality of what Trumps ego driven shutdown is doing.

Bradley Byrne, "my" Congressman, was on TV the other day and was asked about the people not getting checks and he said that it wasn't a big deal because they will get back pay.

What a fucking out of touch, clueless statement. He has no idea what missing a paycheck means to a young military family. The bastard has never had to live paycheck to paycheck or worry about making a payment or buying groceries in his life.

Let them eat cake!

MAGA!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wait a minute. said just YESTERDAY that furloughed workers support his action 100%.

Federal workers rally in protest January 10, 2019 in the third week of a partial shutdown of the federal government, which has placed them on furlough or to work without pay. Congress and President Donald Trump remain at a budget stalemate as Democrats refuse to provide Trump with the $5.7 billion funding request for a wall along the Mexico border.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            It sucks. I'll be fine. I'm old and have money put away. I can go for quite a while before it will hurt me, but the junior enlisted that make peanuts and are living paycheck to paycheck are going to be hurting. For many it will take a long time to recover, it they ever do. That is the reality of what Trumps ego driven shutdown is doing.

Bradley Byrne, "my" Congressman, was on TV the other day and was asked about the people not getting checks and he said that it wasn't a big deal because they will get back pay.

What a fucking out of touch, clueless statement. He has no idea what missing a paycheck means to a young military family. The bastard has never had to live paycheck to paycheck or worry about making a payment or buying groceries in his life.

Let them eat cake!

MAGA!
                            Is that CG specific? Why the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              It sucks. I'll be fine. I'm old and have money put away. I can go for quite a while before it will hurt me, but the junior enlisted that make peanuts and are living paycheck to paycheck are going to be hurting. For many it will take a long time to recover, it they ever do. That is the reality of what Trumps ego driven shutdown is doing.

Let them eat cake!

MAGA!
                              It fucking sucks. I have two invoices outstanding right now, from a company that is struggling and from one that is just too damn big to ever do invoicing properly for anything other than the regular payroll. It's a brutal lesson in the time value of money, and, unfortunately, one I get to learn often. I swear I've had every damn excuse there can possibly be at this point. Backpay is worth maybe 80% to 90% of the same money paid on schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post

Is that CG specific? Why the difference?
                                CG falls under DHS since 2003. DHS is part of the budget that is not funded.

Comment

Working...
                                X