No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzfeed has a story that provides concrete details to what we already knew of Michael Cohen's negotiations for a Trump Tower in Moscow. But its hyping of Trump's lies may be counterproductive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Pretty disinclined to believe it then. I assume the Trumpsters here have a newfound respect for Mueller?
      Same glimmer that was there when Mueller was first appointed.

Just as quick to go out... again.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        But, the Mueller statement is rather extraordinary.
        Indeed, it is crafted like a fine denial that Bill Clinton would be proud of.

Comment

• I fucking told ya

Comment

• If Trump was dumb enough to be under the microscope of Mueller and instructed Cohen to lie to Congress, then he clearly doesn't deserve to hold the office. But I believe he is far smarter than that lol

Comment

• He speaks!

Wow. I wouldn't expect anyone to just easily confirm a story based on anonymous sourcing, or BuzzFeed News to reveal its sources, if it ever wants people to leak to it again. If they back off, they back off. Mueller statement awfully general, but obviously something's up that after all these months this is what finally prompts a reaction. I wonder if that's a matter of timing more than anything else.

Comment

• Just guessing, but this feels more like protecting the investigation than really and truly disputing the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  He speaks!

Wow. I wouldn't expect anyone to just easily confirm a story based on anonymous sourcing, or BuzzFeed News to reveal its sources, if it ever wants people to leak to it again. If they back off, they back off. Mueller statement awfully general, but obviously something's up that after all these months this is what finally prompts a reaction. I wonder if that's a matter of timing more than anything else.
                  probably half the country accusing him of suborning perjury and a democrat house chomping at the bit to impeach based on fake news lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Just guessing, but this feels more like protecting the investigation than really and truly disputing the facts.
                    It is this 100%.

Obviously this will be viewed as a reprieve or some will probably construe it as Mueller not having anything on Trump -- but, this just seems like a step that costs nothing and reinforces the investigation's integrity (in the realm of those with gauges not preset).

Comment

• Comment

• This Leopold character is a real piece of work, though CNN was hoping and praying the scum "got the scoop". You would think of all people here 'hack' would be outraged by this non-stop 2+ years of FAKE NEWS.... but he embellishes it.

CNN Jason Leopold and Anthony Cormier, two reporters for BuzzFeed News, may have just scored the scoop that, if it is ultimately confirmed, irrevocably changes the course of the Trump presidency. If so, it will represent for Leopold the apex of a comeback from a troubled personal and professional past.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/media...old/index.html

Comment

• fuck the left and the hack fake news outrage machine

Comment

• "Truer words were never spoken. ...

Comment

• I personally haven't embellished anything, if that's what you mean, but I do think that's a somewhat fair thing to say about Leopold. Most of what Leopold has done for Buzzfeed is via documents, and documents are documents and that's that. This is obviously different and requires a level of trust in the reporter that is much higher. People like Stephen Glass or Jayson Blair never regained credibility, though they were fabricators in an era before the floor collapsed on journalism. Obviously though the story isn't Leopold's alone, and this isn't the first time BuzzFeed News as a unit has come under scrutiny and held up. It sure doesn't look like it's the facts that are in play here -- it's the treatment of them, and the exact source. Emptywheel's position seems to be that what's inaccurate is the extent to which BuzzFeed News oversold it as unprecedented. More twitter parsing suggests Mueller may be concerned about making sure everybody knows the leaks came from an office other than his. Dunno. I wouldn't posit CNN as hoping BuzzFeed News scored ``The Scoop'', though. They're the ones talking about the guy's iffy credibility.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X